allenzo

2 rl-p sealed or 1 rl-p ported

Just a quik question. Would you guys recommend a single rl-p ported or 2 rl-ps sealed. I have limited trunk space in the back of a eclipse. I I go with one sub I have to get a new amp. I currently have a Mark Antony running 2 E12ks 2nd generation at about 1400+ watts@1ohm sealed. The 2 rl-ps, if I can get another dual 2ohm would put the amp over 2000 watts. There reason I am asking is because i want to know is it sensible to run 2400 watts for a car that will probably only see a couple of local comps.

Id go with the 2 rl-p's sealed, ill be getting those exact subs sealed, just make sure your box is perfecto.

for daily you could always wire them back to 4 ohms mono,

if your still interested in the box get back to me so I can figure out when I need to start building ;)

Denim, help me sell my amp :(

two sealed will be hella loud off that power. especially in an eclipse. and since u won't have to buy a new amp..it would probably be the sensible the thing to do.

i'd shot for about ~1.25ft^3 per sub and set my gains accordingly ( u won't need much..lol) and u'll be deaf in no time!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i've said it before and i'll say it again...its all about the $$$

if you got the cash, no doubt i'd go with 2 rlp's sealed in a heartbeat...

if u don't, i'd go with one and port it...

Depends, in all honestly if money wasn't a factor there would be no question 2 sealed would just rape the ported for overall SQ and upper bass. But a ported single is cheaper.