Smanleyman

Just a 12" BL

I ordered the sub last thursday I dont know when it will be here though. The box is finally all cut up just have to assemble now, which should be tomorrow.

So im using mostly 1" industrial PB, with some 3/4 mdf (hate the stuff, at least hardware store grade anyway) here and there, should be about 32hz @ 2.5 for daily. Its 34x16x16 externally, pretty big for a 12 I think, and its gonna be pretty heavy :(

The cutlist:

dcgfht.jpg

45's:

21lrh3c.jpg

Hmm I wonder what these slots are for...

efhwu9.jpg

No bracing besides the 45's which dont really count, this PB is incredibly beast

More pics tomorrow and hopefully it will be done and the sub will come in soonish

Finished the box... but the sub isnt here yet. I also lied the 1" is mdf after a second glance. I thought it was PB because the 3/4 i used on my last box looked the same on the outside but oh well at least its 1" thick so not too flimsy.

Yup, thats a hole

10glor8.jpg

qnr234.jpg

358osj9.jpg

What caulk?

2ch6s69.jpg

afai47.jpg

Mmmm liquid nails

wji3br.jpg

not done yet...

vgr0b5.jpg

getting closer...

24l2zr6.jpg

BAM!

30kbxvl.jpg

Haha this is my first design with a port insert hopefully it works how I want it to. Its 32 hz with the insert in, shouild be 40-42 with it out for the 1 or 2 local comps I go to a year.

A 12" Fi BL with the hyper pole option needs to show up at my house so it can go in this sexy thing.

wow, nice. I was going to use the door hinges on my box port as well. :D

Good work.

How did you get the tuning for the box when the plug is out? I see that the port starts out big and then gets smaller after the corner.

I didn't do my box with a corner because I didn't know how to do that. Luckily, my port doesn't need to wrap around a corner. I'd like to know just in case next time I have to do another one and have to wrap around a corner.

wow, nice. I was going to use the door hinges on my box port as well. :D

Good work.

How did you get the tuning for the box when the plug is out? I see that the port starts out big and then gets smaller after the corner.

I didn't do my box with a corner because I didn't know how to do that. Luckily, my port doesn't need to wrap around a corner. I'd like to know just in case next time I have to do another one and have to wrap around a corner.

Lol to be honest I dont know. I just averaged the width between the port sections and used that to get about 41 hz... I figure it has to be kind of close, and either way it will be louder on the meter than the 32hz tuning. Im sure there is some technical something that says im an idiot... but oh well.

Because of this reason, I made my port to where it didn't go around the corner.

Edited by phi

I first got the idea from your setup to be honest lol, its very nice btw. I set it up with a side port like that but then realized it wouldnt work in my trunk, so I had to have it setup like this. The important thing is it is definitely 32 with the plug in and something higher than 32 with it out to help for spl.

Thanks. The reason I wanted my port on the side is because that was the loudest in my 96 accord.