_HeC_

fixing sub... fibreglass?

yes fibreglass.... NOW before u say it will dry way to hard etc etc the cone of my sub is aluminum i think, its painted but i sanded a small part and its shiny under so im thinking of trying to fix the HUGE crack with fibrglass

this isnt my first time with glass so i know how to use it and prep ur piece etc, u think it will hold?

damage pic

Photo1296.jpg

now that was taken after i first heard my sub sounded wierd, this is after i straightened it abit(could probably get it better)

cell001.jpg

i should say this would be a TEMP thing, i jsut sold my last setup and want something to bump until i find something to buy

O my fockin god, what did you do to that poor thing?!?!?!?!?! Glass is not going to fix that. I wouldn't even bother. Send it in for a recone.

not worth the cash to get it reconed IMO

i had 2 in a sealed box with a Hifonics BXi1606D, guess the 2 didnt get along lol

this is what they looked like when i first noticed it was cracking

Photo1285.jpg

i removed the messed up sub and tossed a thin coat of JB weld on it then put it back in a box and then thats when it got ripped to shit lol

All glass is going to do is crack/break/shatter under the preasures of the sub moving. Not to mention the heat created. If you don't wat to recone it, then I would think about just running 1 sub till you get a new setup.

P.S. i'll take it off your hands. :fing34:

You can do nothing to repair it. Don't waste your time. Recone is the ONLY thing that will work. Does the driver even move? You have bottomed the shit out of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the former is smashed and the coil is rubbing as well.

moves freely and coils read good

oxsign im in canada, i think shipping might be expensive if ur serious lol

Is that an RL-i10"

Woah.

I wouldnt even try to fix that sub myself.

You need a recone..

moves freely and coils read good

oxsign im in canada, i think shipping might be expensive if ur serious lol

Well just for chits & giggles what would it be to 32771 (FL)?

OMFG!!!

What the.....?

WoW...

The only thing that's good for is a paperweight. IMO

I agree with only running one sub from now on.

Other than that, I'm speechless..

ya RL-i 10

its JB welded right now lol gonna let it dry overngiht then another layer tommorow

Man that thing had to have been making a terrible racket while you were destroying it, which evidently took time since you have a picture halfway through the destructioni. You need to learn to listen for those sorts of things. Recone is your only course. The other soft parts are surely damaged in some way as well.

that halfway through picture was when i first noticed it and i know how to setup a stereo system and listen for things etc, when i saw that the cone started to fuck up i tossed JB weld on it, didnt wait the 15hrs cure time adn didnt care if it blew thats why it got so mangled

ive ran my old hifonics bx1000D@1ohm for 1000rms on a single kicker CVR, single visonik, bunch of other single lower end subs then the SS and they all still work today except the visonik as that got water damage and all rusty from a leaking winter beater trunk

Edited by _HeC_

:faintthud:

Isn't Going To Work. Even If It Does All You're Doing Is Adding Unuseful Mass To The Cone.

its rock solid lol 3 coats on the top and 2 on the bottom.....building a box .93cube@35

In the end, even if it doesn't work, what did you have to lose ?

Keep us updated.

0.93 for both woofers ? Try tuning a little lower than 35Hz.

if it doesnt work i lost $8.99 that i spent on the JB weld lol

i have alittle JB weld left so i might toss another coat on tonight, also jsut grabbed a new setup....... just a small one this time lol

MTX 6001, 600rms@2ohm(i think thats the model #)

10" type R(newer one)

ohh and i dont have that other RL-i, its in a buddies car pumping away still... i wanted to tune abit lower but i built the box out of scrap mdf so i was limited with what i could of done..... video tommorow!! lol

Edited by _HeC_

yes fibreglass.... NOW before u say it will dry way to hard etc etc the cone of my sub is aluminum i think, its painted but i sanded a small part and its shiny under so im thinking of trying to fix the HUGE crack with fibrglass

this isnt my first time with glass so i know how to use it and prep ur piece etc, u think it will hold?

damage pic

Photo1296.jpg

now that was taken after i first heard my sub sounded wierd, this is after i straightened it abit(could probably get it better)

cell001.jpg

i should say this would be a TEMP thing, i jsut sold my last setup and want something to bump until i find something to buy

I have a TC2K 15" that looked EXACTLY like this. Bottomed out hard off of turn-on pop from faulty head unit for the original dent, then this full rip happened a couple weeks later.

Repaired mine with JB weld and it's been holding up to some massive power for nearly a year now (hint, inverted mounting and you won't even see this!). IMO 3 layers of glass won't be as light as a single bead of JB-weld along the tear, but let us know how it works out!

well it lasted for a few months and bumped pretty well, some people where shocked when i showed them the sub haha its dead now

Possibly failed because of the paint on the cone? my 2K is taking a BEATING and JB weld is holding strong. (did you run a bead on both sides of the cone?)