thespoon25

trying to fit.....

So ive got the Fi 15 right now, and adding a sundown 1500D and an extra battery in the trunk this weekend.... But i was looking around on the for sale/wanted... and saw someone has a fi 18....and made me want to go louder before i even got my new amp in! So do you guys think i should stick with the 15 or go with the 18.... Its the 04 Lexus IS300 which are pretty small cars, and i dont want to rattle the thing apart since i just got it ... just so confused! what do yall think?

i'd stay with the 15. it'll allow more room for a proper enclosure, and with each sub in an optimum box with the same power, the 18" wont be THAT much louder imo.

So ive got the Fi 15 right now, and adding a sundown 1500D and an extra battery in the trunk this weekend.... But i was looking around on the for sale/wanted... and saw someone has a fi 18....and made me want to go louder before i even got my new amp in! So do you guys think i should stick with the 15 or go with the 18.... Its the 04 Lexus IS300 which are pretty small cars, and i dont want to rattle the thing apart since i just got it ... just so confused! what do yall think?

That 15 in the proper enclosure will out play that 18 in the wrong size box, but I have seen IS300's with 2-12's and that Sundown 1500 slam if you can get the proper enclosure that would hit harder than that single 15 and 18

That 15 in the proper enclosure will out play that 18 in the wrong size box, but I have seen IS300's with 2-12's and that Sundown 1500 slam if you can get the proper enclosure that would hit harder than that single 15 and 18

And because 2 12's yields more cone area, more heat dissipation, more power handling, and more motor force :P AND it's easier to fit the recommended 12" enclosure in a trunk VS. a 15" (Which in my opinion isn't smart)

LL, (I think that is what I will call you) ;), I think enough people have made the point that it is more important to have the correct sized and built enclosure then to have the largest cone size possible. Why not grab a tape measure and figure out how much space you have, or are willing to use towards the sub woofer, and that will give good information as to what is the best direction to take. :)

my name is Taylor, if youd like to call me that too. :]. but thanks for the advice. i might stick with what i have... Alans 3000D came in today, so we put the 1500 in, and it sounds pretty damn good for right now.

An 18 sure would be a bish to fit in the trunk right

sure does noob

Not Very Nice To Call The Ball And Chain That, She Might Take It Out On Your Pecker. :P

sure does noob

Not Very Nice To Call The Ball And Chain That, She Might Take It Out On Your Pecker. :P

Dont forget to post pics!

:69:

Dont forget to post pics!

:69:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. HA!

Edited by TRiPP3R