nauc

is that a new 10" rli

is that a new 10" rli, if so, is there gonna be new 12s or new rlps

If you're talkin' about the new RL-i10 page on the website, the driver itself is still pretty much the same as it's always been. Differences being the use of an NBR rubber surround and annodized aluminum cone as opposed to the santoprene surround and painted aluminum cone of the older ones.

A couple of the original units had a glue problem where the surround would become detached from the cone because the process of gluing required a technique that wasn't all that failsafe. It involved using abrasive chemicals and tools to texture the edges of the cone where the surround connected, in order to make for a proper seal. Unfortunately sometimes the assembly guys wouldn't get this done quite right, or may not have waited long enough for the chemicals to dry before attempting to glue it together.. which resulted in the couple failed drivers. Fortunately, the new materials used should correct this potential problem entirely. I still have a few of the older 10's left that I will probably offer up here on the forum for a discount in the coming days, and of course they will be covered under warranty.

No new developments on the RL-p's for now, except that we are using a slightly different magnet structure for our current (and probably all our future) lots of RL-p15's. Performance-wise, this will have minimal effect, though the new units do look a little better on the T/S side of things. The new spec sheets and pic's will go up once I've finished putting together the updated Premium Series pages in the coming week, or the week after since I'm flying up to southern Oregon to visit familiy for mother's day and may not get a chance to finalize all the pages before I leave on Saturday morning.

Edited by SoundSplinter

One thing i would like to see for the rl-p's in their pages is all the graphing like the rl-i's have, and i would like to see more chrome in the cone/structure, but those are only options, i would still love them, now when i get money i will be ordering my 2 rl-p's. then my gf says is she likes them she might get 2 more. but i gotta get my new car first :P

I almost creamed my pants when i saw the update, ssoo sexy :). Too bad they are only DVC4ohm tho, I need a final 4ohm load :(.

P.S. The description of the RL-I series needs to be changed, it still says 10" and 12"(unless your gonna add the 12" later): http://www.soundsplinter.com/high_end_subwoofers.html

i'm sure idiot is typing the exact same thing..but dragon..u can get d2's right now..if u act fast!! for $209 each, till may 15th...then they go to $239 and then once they are gone..they are gone!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Good eye NattyD.. I'll fix that typo about the 12" RL-i's right away :)

Thanks for the compliments on the page too :wub:

chinny, the RL-p pages are pending update. They will be the same format as the RL-i series pages, but as I'm planning on going out of town over the weekend for mother's day, I may not have time to get the final revamped RL-p pages online until next week.

Yeah mike, i read it in your above post, thats cool, as long as it gets done .... jk lol

i'm sure idiot is typing the exact same thing..but dragon..u can get d2's right now..if u act fast!! for $209 each, till may 15th...then they go to $239 and then once they are gone..they are gone!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Why so much :( over hte normal price? Thats RL-P territory \=.

NP Mike :).

Mr Ray was referring to the RL-p12 D2 group buy quasi-extension thing-a-ma-jig goin' on through the 15th.

PS. You can always use two drivers for that 4ohm load you need wink2.gif:hay:

Edited by SoundSplinter

he is talking about d2's

mike beat me to it, damn it mike!

Mr Ray was referring to the RL-p12 D2 group buy quasi-extension thing-a-ma-jig goin' on through the 15th. 

PS. You can always use two drivers for that 4ohm load you need wink2.gif:hay:

That would be nice, but i dont think i can afford 2 10" subs + a 500+wt amp for a HT set up :P. I just want one and a 250/350wt amp :(.

i believe mike has a few rl-i 12's in svc4 still...maybe even a 10 rl-i svc4....but the rl-i's never came in dvc2..only svc4 and dvc4

but for the price, the rl-pd2 12 is a steal...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

mike might have some left laying around, might want to email him about that.

so are there any rl-i 12" dvc4's?  there's no more rl-i 12" period on the site.

Heyo,

I think you emailed me about this over the last couple days. I'm up in Oregon at the present time for Mother's day through this coming Wednesday night.. and all that champagne at breakfast has me off my game a bit ;)

.. but, indeed there are a couple RL-i12's left laying around. Going on a first-come first-served basis. Thus far, I've already had a couple people contact me about them.. so we'll see how it goes.

mike u got mail from my friend, he wants 2 rl-p 12's from the group buy