Sign in to follow this  
crazytexan

MY Future Setup - Opinions welcomed

This is the system I have designed on paper looking to make it in my vehicle. I'm looking to get opinions from other car audio nuts just to make sure my ideas aren't mislead.

Here goes:

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Subwoofer: Fully Loaded 18" Fi BL

Amplifier: Sundown Audio SAE-1200D

Head unit: Alpine IXA-W404

Box: Custom built tuned to 31hz

Wiring: Big 3 Connection using Knukonceptz 1/0 wire

Battery in front: Optima YellowTop

Mids-Highs- Taking suggestions on components and amplifiers to run them! This field is so wide!

Please let me know what you guys think and I would love some constructive criticism. I will gladly take all suggestions in to consideration! None of this has been purchased so I am open to change.

Whatever Amp You Get To Run Your Components (I Hope You Go With Components, Or Seperate Woofers/Tweets Like Mine.)It Should Be A Sundown SAX Series. :D

That SAE-1200D Will Be Fine. Everything Else Seems To Be Okay, But I'd Get An Auxillary Battery And Check How Much Your Alternator Can Put Out Amperage Wise.

Whatever Amp You Get To Run Your Components (I Hope You Go With Components, Or Seperate Woofers/Tweets Like Mine.)It Should Be A Sundown SAX Series. :D

That SAE-1200D Will Be Fine. Everything Else Seems To Be Okay, But I'd Get An Auxillary Battery And Check How Much Your Alternator Can Put Out Amperage Wise.

Yea, the current stock alternator runs 120 amps idle and 130 amps max. If I'm right I should be covered since 1200watts/14.4volts = 83.33 amp that leaves a decent amount of headroom for other car accessories to run.

Moving to proper section. :)

If you have the larger alternator option, which I'm pretty sure you have, you'll be fine. I have a '98 Explorer with probably a similar or the same alternator and I've had a 1000 watt sub amp and two smaller amps for interior speakers and I never really saw the voltage drop. If you don't blast it at stoplights, which you shouldn't do, you should have no problems.

As for suggestions on components, what is your budget? You can fit 6.5" components in the doors pretty easily if you make a mounting plate to convert the 6x8 to 6.5. What type of tweeter do you like?

Heres what I did in my F-250. IF u got the time, multiple subs are great! If u got the room and want to DB- then the 18's r the way to go. U checked out the MJ-18 or IXL-18 from Mach 5 Audio?? Good luck with ur build :)