Gary F.

New World Record. Sundown FTW!!!

I LOVE THE SET UP BRO ITS REAL CREATIVE. IF I WERE TO GIVE YOUR VAN A NICK NAME IT WOULD BE "BEARLY LEGAL" HAHA..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Thanks Jacob and Derrick. Yes the van has 2 Saz-1500d's on 2 18's. The actual power is 3500-3600 watts total.

Congrats Gary.I'm Steve Sears ....Captain of Team High X-cursion.You battled against one of my team members at High Point.He did a 156.8.It will be a good battle between you two,especially since you both clamped the same power.Both of you have very efficient sub enclosures.The only difference is my team mate Derrick runs two 15's,instead of 18's.

Edited by Mr.Sears 153 + Trunk

Thanks Steve, Derrick's jeep is loud. I think he was clamping about 4500-4600 watts though and he is on 16 volts. No doubt he is loud! I probably won't keep the record long, he will more than likely take on the 18th. It was a good match. I had more but only needed .1 to win. ;)

Thanks Steve, Derrick's jeep is loud. I think he was clamping about 4500-4600 watts though and he is on 16 volts. No doubt he is loud! I probably won't keep the record long, he will more than likely take on the 18th. It was a good match. I had more but only needed .1 to win. ;)

Actually Gary,he clamped 3630w.Don't no where the 4600w came from.Also the 16 v set-up in his vehicle doesn't matter.You may be misunderstanding something.Your amps,on 12v,still put out more wattage than his amps do on 16v.So him having 16v,in his vehicle is doesn't give him,an advantage over your 12v set-up.

Gary...you may have seen Derricks clamped hardcore score,which is totally different from his sealed dash score.Hardcore creates less impedance rise,than his sealed dash score.Sealed clamped w =3630,and hardcore clamped w =4100 clap.gif

Edited by Mr.Sears 153 + Trunk

Steve, now that you mention it. It was his hardcore that clamped more. Regardless he is loud! I think he should try the Sundowns in his jeep. They come alive on 16 volts. I don't know what his ohm load is, but if it will work out, 2 1500's on 16 volts will be louder then his 3 Opti's.

Steve, now that you mention it. It was his hardcore that clamped more. Regardless he is loud! I think he should try the Sundowns in his jeep. They come alive on 16 volts. I don't know what his ohm load is, but if it will work out, 2 1500's on 16 volts will be louder then his 3 Opti's.

See Gary...I like you already,and haven't even met you.You saw what I was getting at right out the gate.Yes two 1500d's,would be louder than his three opti's,on 16v :fing34:

First off, congrats on the record. I have a question about your set-up, I see from the pics that you have the 1500's strapped and you say they are doing 3500-3600 watts, I'm just curious as to what ohm load you are running them at strapped? I'm looking for just about that much power and was wondering if you got that at 2ohm strapped or if you went lower on the ohm. Thanx and again congrats

Good to see someone out there breaking records with sundown.... Good Job keep it up.

First off, congrats on the record. I have a question about your set-up, I see from the pics that you have the 1500's strapped and you say they are doing 3500-3600 watts, I'm just curious as to what ohm load you are running them at strapped? I'm looking for just about that much power and was wondering if you got that at 2ohm strapped or if you went lower on the ohm. Thanx and again congrats

They are at 1 ohm strapped. This is a burp only vehicle. I don't know if Jacob would suggest you running them like that, on a daily system. I believe if you are careful and have enough electrical to back them, you should be fine. Maybe Jacob, Derrick, Walt, DJ,or Zach will chime in, They have alot more experience with these amps on a daily system then I do. I will say this, if you do get these amps you won't be disappointed. These were louder in my van @ 1 ohm than a Stetsom 7kd @ 1 ohm. Plus I was clamping more wattage with the Stetsom. ;)

Thanx for the replie, my problem is I have 16 8ohm subs so I can either run strapped at 2ohm or run like a 3000D at .5 ohm and even though I keep reading they can handle it I am not a big fan of running at .5ohm dailey, especially since here in Vegas it is between 115 and 120 degrees for 3 months out of the year. I currently have 3000 watts to my subs and my goal for the system is 150 and right now I am sitting at 149.7 so I don't need alot of power to get there thats why I was hoping for 3500 watts strapped at 2ohm. Again thanx for the reply. Tom

I would run a single amp @ 0.5ohm. You'll need a couple good group31 batts in the back and a decent batt & alternator under the hood.

You would probably be surprised at how well 2 1500's would do at 2 ohm strapped.

I would run a single amp @ 0.5ohm. You'll need a couple good group31 batts in the back and a decent batt & alternator under the hood.

There you go.

There you go.

In the rear I am running 3 Kinetik HC2400's, currently under the hood I am running a Kinetik HC800 but I just ordered a Kinetik HC1200 to replace the HC800. I am using an Ohio Generator 186 amp alt.. I have added a Missing Link voltage control module http://www.missinglinkaudio.com/ and all wiring is 0 guage, I think I have the power for a 3000D at .5 ohm just the lower the ohm load the hotter the amp runs (in my experience) I have my Fosgates running at 1ohm and even with the "fan" cooling they get real hot in the summer to the point where they actually cut power in half due to thermal protect so 2 amps strapped at 2ohm in theory should perform just fine and not get super hot.

Edited by la2lvtom