traksta15

to trade or not

my friend just got a 15" memphis power reference sub in a q logic box, and i'm thinkin about tradin him all this for it......

1. fultron crossover<---freebie

2. RF fused distro block<---freebie

3. Clarion apa4100 (25x4)<---freebie

4. RF 17' power wire w/fuse and all<---freebie

5. 2 or 3 scosche rca cables<---came in a walmart wiring kit ($25.00)

6. I told him i'd throw in some cash, i said just whatever he thinks after all this (shouldn't be more than around $20-$30)

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/de...?cat=&id=58&p=2

heres a link to it, in case u were wonderin what it was (doubt u were though) i've never heard them before, but being memphis, and i've heard they are da*n good subs, i'll probably hook it up to a 2-300 watt profile amp......any thoughts or reviews on these subs??TIA

since all that stuff was freebie's..and u don't think ur going to have to give up more then $20...i'd do it..lol

the pr's are memphis's entry level sub, but don't confuse that with weak. while they only have a small 250wrms rating, they will handle double that in most cases and they can get loud.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

they can take 500rms daily?i was just gonna push 2-300 to it....i was thinkin 2.5 tuned to 32hz?ya think that'll be alright?what does the memphis pr compare to????are they an sq or spl sub?LSQ?

compvr, w2, type e...along those lines..give or take...but IMO, better then all of them..

mostly spl..but it does sound nice..

in 2.5ft^3, i tune 34-35hz....u'll like it a bunch...and it will do awesomely off 250-300..but will handle 500 if u wanna play a bit...just be gentle..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

dont you think that sub is kind of weak ... 500 watts?

Not everybody is looking to do 1000+ Watt systems.

he just sold it for $180 w/ the box to some kid. I was like dude u tore him a new a$$hole!!oh well....hey do ya'll know profile has an online factory direct store on their website, where u can buy refurbs or older models for cheap??!!i think im gonna buy one of the blue amps....they just as good as the newer ones??

Profile are budget amps, they are over rated from what i hear, i never had any chance to play with one of them. try ebay for buying refurbs or older models, that will get them for cheap.

Profile are budget amps, they are over rated from what i hear, i never had any chance to play with one of them. try ebay for buying refurbs or older models, that will get them for cheap.

Of all tghe budget amps I have to say profile is one of the best as far as being on with the numbers ;)

I vote Hifonics for the best budget amps, although their Generation XX line is said to be rated with 13.8volts, all i know from Profile is that they are very over rated, might be wrong.