Sign in to follow this  
jcarter1885

before i purchase a few questions

Question #1: I will be purchasing a Sax-125.2 within the next week, the speakers that will be playing on them are (8) Eminence Alpha-6A, four on each channel.

The frequency is 85-6,000 Hz, so how would i go about setting the crossoverson the amp (confusing to me)? Do I set it at Full Pass, then change the HPF to a setting and then the LPF to a setting?

Question #2: I will be purchasing a Sax-100.4 within the next week, the speakers playing on them will be (4) Eminence Alpha-6C, four on two channels(2 on each one); (4) Kicker KS20 tweeters, four on two channels(2 on each one).

The frequency on Mids are 81-5,500 Hz, and the frequency on the tweeters are 4,500-21,000 Hz. So how will i go about setting this amp(crossovers arnd HPF,Full or LPF settings? Do tweeters go on channel 1&2, while mids go on 3&4?

appreciate the help and info.

You can only have one crossover on at a time. If you set it to full pass, neither of the high or lowpass crossovers will be used. You can only use either the highpass or the lowpass. But what you can do is use the subsonic filter as a highpass. So you can set your subsonic at 80 hz or wherever you want it to be highpassed at (to be determined by your ears upon installation), then set the lowpass wherever you want to cut them off at up top. For the 4 channel, you'll want them on channels 1 and 2 and highpass them. The mids on the 4 channel go on 3 & 4, where you can again use the subsonic as a highpass plus the regular lowpass to bandpass the mid.

Why are you buying basically two different versions of the same speaker? If you want a 3-way system, buy a true midbass.

Because I bought all the 8 ohms first and had another idea to add a third amp. With the addition of tweeters, I would have two extra channels so i bought the 4 ohms version to play on two channels and dropped down to 2 ohms. I didnt plan on it but it just happened. I didnt buy it for a three way system and I will be buying some true midbass speakers and they wont be on an amp, the mli-65 will be on my factory speaker wires.

I've read what you wrote looked at a manual and even another topic about this earlier in the sundown thread and Im still a little bit confused.

2-Channel Amp

Set @ Low Pass (x10 setting turned up to 5,000Hz)

Subsonic Filter @ 80 Hz or higher (how will you be able to tell if its at 80 since their is no number on the dial, just about a third of a turn up or a tad bit more)

Is this correct?

4-Channel Amp

CH 1&2-Tweeters

Set @ High Pass (x10 setting turned up to 5,000 Hz)

Is this correct?

Do I touch sub sonic filter for this setting?

CH 3&4-Mid Range

Subsonic Filter @ 80 Hz or higher (how will you be able to tell if its at 80 since their is no number on the dial, just about a third of a turn up or a tad bit more)

Is this correct?

Now what about the the 12db and 24 db setting? Leave those on 12 db?

Thanks

where u at when i need you jacob

Because I bought all the 8 ohms first and had another idea to add a third amp. With the addition of tweeters, I would have two extra channels so i bought the 4 ohms version to play on two channels and dropped down to 2 ohms. I didnt plan on it but it just happened. I didnt buy it for a three way system and I will be buying some true midbass speakers and they wont be on an amp, the mli-65 will be on my factory speaker wires.

I've read what you wrote looked at a manual and even another topic about this earlier in the sundown thread and Im still a little bit confused.

2-Channel Amp

Is this correct? Thats right.

4-Channel Amp

CH 1&2-Tweeters

Is this correct?

Do I touch sub sonic filter for this setting? This is correct also. w/no subsonic

CH 3&4-Mid Range

Is this correct? This is correct.

Now what about the the 12db and 24 db setting? Leave those on 12 db? That all depends on how fast you want your speakers to roll of at the crossover point.

Thanks

All of the answer are above in bold

CH 1&2-Tweeters

Is this correct?

Do I touch sub sonic filter for this setting? This is correct also. w/no subsonic

Now what about the the 12db and 24 db setting? Leave those on 12 db? That all depends on how fast you want your speakers to roll of at the crossover point.

Thanks

Do I leave the subsonic filter at the lowest hz for channel 1 & 2, to keep it off?

What is the optimal roll of for speakers, or how should I determine what setting I should use?

appreciate ya maan

Edited by jay-cee

CH 1&2-Tweeters

Is this correct?

Thanks

Do I leave the subsonic filter at the lowest hz for channel 1 & 2, to keep it off?

What is the optimal roll of for speakers, or how should I determine what setting I should use?

appreciate ya maan

The subsonic filters out anything below your set frequency just like your highpass filter does so it would have no effect unless you had it turned up higher than the highpass filter so just leave it alone.

as for the roll off, I would just leave it at 12db slopes unless your speakers cant handle it and need a steep slope then switch to 24db, it is more of something that you will have to play around with and see which you like the sound of more.

appreciate all the help and info maan, thats why i love this board

Edited by jay-cee

Sign in to follow this