mrray13

ascendent audio dropping xbl^2

ascendent's home page

check it out...and the pricing whilest ur at it!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wow, I was just reading about this on SD yesterday, gotta love drama in car audio :wacko:

LMAO... I'd been reading along the thread in which Wiggin's posted that, hee hee. I though "That's gonna leave a mark"

Bah, Ascendant, IMO, is just another bandwagon. More power to Kupyers... but another splash in the 12 spoke / xbl / etc pan.

I am curious as to what is the low BL tech that they are going to switch to?

at the prices I am very interested

LMAO... I'd been reading along the thread in which Wiggin's posted that, hee hee. I though "That's gonna leave a mark"

Bah, Ascendant, IMO, is just another bandwagon. More power to Kupyers... but another splash in the 12 spoke / xbl / etc pan.

I disagree. AA was putting out a great product at budget prices. They marketed their drivers very well, and that is why a lot of people are using them.

On another note, I would do the same thing. The XBL^2 technology is supposed to be "the best." If the effectiveness of this technology is inferior between who designs/builds motors, why pay money to have "the best" when it's not "the best?"

Granted, I do agree with Dan as they are constantly working on this engineering marvel so of course they are going to have the ability to do adjustment instantly when they find something that works better. Therefore, that gives them the potential to have a better product, but I do not feel that was a smart business move for him.

Wow, thats crazy. I havent been to the other forums but reading the AA site he (Dan) may have just put his foot in his mouth.

I disagree. AA was putting out a great product at budget prices. They marketed their drivers very well, and that is why a lot of people are using them.

On another note, I would do the same thing. The XBL^2 technology is supposed to be "the best." If the effectiveness of this technology is inferior between who designs/builds motors, why pay money to have "the best" when it's not "the best?"

Granted, I do agree with Dan as they are constantly working on this engineering marvel so of course they are going to have the ability to do adjustment instantly when they find something that works better. Therefore, that gives them the potential to have a better product, but I do not feel that was a smart business move for him.

I agree with the opinion that it was a poor business move, considering how much of an OEManufacturer Adire has been / will be.

As far as the Adire brand, it seems as if standard posturing... especially with the recent 'refocus' on car audio applications.

I think Adire will be fine, Dan Wiggins & His partners have their hands & wallets into alot more projects then selling XBL^2 licensing.

As far as AA it self... I was never impressed. I have not used a single one of their products. Granted, their prices and marketing were very much on point. I am just not impressed with the idea that (TO ME) seemed as if they were rebadging & chroming adire motors.

Again... JUST MY OPINION.

I was reading into this more on CA.com

You know, the people bashing Adire, like they have any clue. Idiots. They just don't understand. Adire is quickly becoming a big timer and people are getting angry.

Nick, if that's you're feeling on Ascendant, couldn't that be transferred over to RE for that matter?

I personally have been following this entire deal with Adire, and I understand what they are doing and why they are doing it,

but I have been turned off, I have wanted to run a 10" brahma for an SQ install for the longest time, but not anymore :( oh well

one less thing on the wish list

I hope this'll help clear a little air:

http://hometheatertalk.com/httalk/viewtopic.php?t=12865

Ryan, refer to the above link as to applying my last post to RE.

Also, with regards to RE, they make one woofer with XBL motors... out of six(?).

My take on AA has been that they picked up the xbl motor (sub-license apparently) and put soft parts on it (obviously more entailed, but You get the idea). I know that RE spends a good portion of time & money on R&D.

Bare in mind, I havent follow AA very much at all, where as I've followed Adire rather closely... RE also to an extent. So, I'm biased for the sake of ignorance / lack of info. I do know that in my dealings with Adire and RE reps, employees, I've found them very intelligible but not very personable. From what I've seen of Kupyers posts... other way around.

Also, in general, I DONT like RE. :lol:

I've seen many more posts by Scott (Resonant Engineer) that delve into technical, theoretical, and applied physics then the total number of posts of Chad.

$0.02

I was just looking for your feelings about RE. Now I know.

I totally get what Dan was stating, but the fact is, most people won't. Even if he had posted that previous statement from HTtalk, people would still twist it and it would come out just like it has. I'm just saying that you have to watch what you say more carefully. So now, in essence, people buying AA simply because of the XBL^2 and cheap prices(the great matketing ploy here), are left thinking that their purchase are ignorant or not what they are hoping to get.

Commone sense should tell them, when you pay for $140 worth of driver, that's exactly what you're gonna get. But that is not how the world works. I feel common sense is lost nowadays.

On another note, I would do the same thing.  The XBL^2 technology is supposed to be "the best."  If the effectiveness of this technology is inferior between who designs/builds motors, why pay money to have "the best" when it's not "the best?"

That honestly has nothing to do with what Dan said. He never said the XBL^2 built by another vendor was inferior. What he was saying is that all XBL^2 drivers are not equivalent, they are not the same driver. XBL^2 is just a part of the equation, you still have to design an entire driver around it. People have fallen under the misconception that all XBL^2 drivers are "exactly the same"....forgetting that XBL^2 doesn't determine how the entire driver design, as a whole, will behave relative to another sub.

The comment that sparked this whole thing was basically "Why would I pay $XXX for an Adire driver, when I can get the exact same thing from AA for half that." (in reference to the MSRP pricing on Adire's webpage).

I completely, 100% agree with Dan's comments, and anyone with any common sense should have taken them as "obvious statement of facts", rather than an insult to a competitor.

I also feel that AA simply jumped on the opportunity to smear someone's name in the mud while promoting their new technology. This wasn't the reason, it was a timely an opportunity. Frankly, I kinda look down on AA after this.......

I agree with Squeak as far as the timing... there was a good point made about the timing as well. That's neither here nor there though.

Ryan... there are some smart folks at RE, there are a few raging dickheads as well to sum that up. They do, however, put out a few nice products in my experience so far.

This whole "breakup" thing = soap opera / marketing / who cares.

I've used and will use both RE & Adire in the future. AA, I'll prolly not look at again.

i agree with ryan..when teh xxx and brahma are both $300+ drivers and the atlas was a $150 driver..something HAD to be different...

i'm also going to agree with Nick in how dan presents himself. from all that i've seen of him, very forthcoming. i don't think he was trying to stab anyone in the back, jsut trying to point out the obvious, which like ryan said, is lost on most of us.

my main curiousity is, what's this new technology? is it LMT? i wouldn't think so, but what else is there? i doubt that adire is still his build house, but if it is, they have a version of LMT, v12 or something like that.

hmmmmmmmm

as the sub booms

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

On another note, I would do the same thing.  The XBL^2 technology is supposed to be "the best."  If the effectiveness of this technology is inferior between who designs/builds motors, why pay money to have "the best" when it's not "the best?"

That honestly has nothing to do with what Dan said. He never said the XBL^2 built by another vendor was inferior. What he was saying is that all XBL^2 drivers are not equivalent, they are not the same driver. XBL^2 is just a part of the equation, you still have to design an entire driver around it. People have fallen under the misconception that all XBL^2 drivers are "exactly the same"....forgetting that XBL^2 doesn't determine how the entire driver design, as a whole, will behave relative to another sub.

The comment that sparked this whole thing was basically "Why would I pay $XXX for an Adire driver, when I can get the exact same thing from AA for half that." (in reference to the MSRP pricing on Adire's webpage).

I completely, 100% agree with Dan's comments, and anyone with any common sense should have taken them as "obvious statement of facts", rather than an insult to a competitor.

I also feel that AA simply jumped on the opportunity to smear someone's name in the mud while promoting their new technology. This wasn't the reason, it was a timely an opportunity. Frankly, I kinda look down on AA after this.......

I never said it did. I was simply stating what most people on the internet are going to think when they read that statement. It will virtually turn many perspectice AA buyers away.

i agree with ryan..when teh xxx and brahma are both $300+ drivers and the atlas was a $150 driver..something HAD to be different...

i'm also going to agree with Nick in how dan presents himself. from all that i've seen of him, very forthcoming. i don't think he was trying to stab anyone in the back, jsut trying to point out the obvious, which like ryan said, is lost on most of us.

my main curiousity is, what's this new technology? is it LMT? i wouldn't think so, but what else is there? i doubt that adire is still his build house, but if it is, they have a version of LMT, v12 or something like that.

hmmmmmmmm

as the sub booms

Thats just it... Adire proper was never the AA buildhouse. AA licensed XBL tech from a 3rd party... which happened to have bought the license from Adire. So, again, IMO, Adire had nearly nothing to do with this. Bah...

[/]

hmmmmmmmm

as the sub booms

Thats just it... Adire proper was never the AA buildhouse. AA licensed XBL tech from a 3rd party... which happened to have bought the license from Adire. So, again, IMO, Adire had nearly nothing to do with this. Bah...

[/]

True, but how many people are going to do a detailed search on the whole incident? Not many. People are just going to jump to conclusions.

Bah, who cares. We all know who makes the best drivers EVA!

Dare I say it?? ;)

hmmmmmmmm

as the sub booms

[/]

True, but how many people are going to do a detailed search on the whole incident? Not many. People are just going to jump to conclusions.

Bah, who cares. We all know who makes the best drivers EVA!

Dare I say it?? ;)

yeah..u should say it!!

FUNKY PUP!!!!!

but ur right nick...it's like a distant cousin or something..lmao...

so, is the new tech adire's version of LMT???

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

very, very, very doubtful.

I remember Wiggin's knockin Ponte down about the LMT design. Good points too, but I can't see Adire adopting it.

I wish I had an opinion on this, but I don't.

very, very, very doubtful.

I remember Wiggin's knockin Ponte down about the LMT design. Good points too, but I can't see Adire adopting it.

ahh..forgot about that....dan doesn't like the LMT...

ok...now i really want to know!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

At least we can demo the LMT :D