mrray13

ascendent audio dropping xbl^2

I don't think Adire needs a version of the LMT. That what XBL^2 is for. Only downfall to the LMT is the SVC and the fact that as of right now, as far as most of us know, It cannot be adapted to the smaller drivers such as XBL^2.

And Kent, thanks for not making me say it.

I don't think Adire needs a version of the LMT.  That what XBL^2 is for.  Only downfall to the LMT is the SVC and the fact that as of right now, as far as most of us know, It cannot be adapted to the smaller drivers such as XBL^2.

And Kent, thanks for not making me say it.

And from the AA website:

We actually modeled up our new 6.5 inch midrange in both XBL2^TM and the new technology and ended up with nearly identical results. The 6.5 will now also be built with this non-XBL2^TM technology.

I'm not sure that LMT can be applied to a 6.5". If not, this is evidence against LMT as their new topology.

ryan..u make several good points...the adaptability adn svc only..as of now. who knows where it will be in a year?

and ur welcome!!

my pups boom like so...........................

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I am still curious about trying a single Atlas 12 for $100, decent sub by many accounts and for that amount of loot it is worth the risk maybe

I am still curious about trying a single Atlas 12 for $100, decent sub by many accounts and for that amount of loot it is worth the risk maybe

absolutely!!

but unfortunitely, i'm fundless at the moment... :faintthud::idiot::lame:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I wish I had an opinion on this, but I don't.

u dont but i do...........my opinion is this........THIS IS ALL BULLSHIIT ..BUT AT THE SAME TIME I'M GLAD IT HAPPEN WHY?

BECUZ WE WOULDNT BE GETTING THE DEALS WERE GETTING NOW AND I PLAN ON BUYING 2 ATLAS 12'S AND 2 AVA12'S

i have spoken

Word.

I'm half tempted to pick up an Atlas or Ava as a future HT project :D

O stop talking about it, making me jealous, I want an Atlas for HT :cry:

Need a job first :o

Lazy bastard.....get out and get yo'self a job!!

I'm broke too. Unless I decide to get out the plastic, the brown Santa won't be stopping at my house either

Squeak... gimme some plastic! I'm good for it ;)

i really dont like what DW said. but no, not all XBL^2 drivers are equal...and AA NEVER marketed them that way. if you want to look at it in terms of XBL V Performance and cost. The Brahma has 28.5mm of Xmax and the Atlas had 18mm. the atlas 15 was also $160 and the Brahma 400+.

the XXX 18 is $460 shipped to my door. the Ava 18 was $430 shipped. from Ava also has 5mm less one way Xmax. and Performance was said to be very close.

granted XMAX DOES NOT DETERMINE PERFORMANCE IN THE END BUT IT DOES GIVE POTENTIAL DISPLACEMENT WHEN MULTIPLIED BY SD.

However. Adire i moving up. i cant blame them for that. but i still think their MSRP's, even though they are just MSRP's, a little high.

i will sit back and see how things blow over. if Ava 18 performance doesnt drop of much. then it will probably be an Ava 18 sitting in the back of my truck. otherwise i will have to look at other options. Either way internet drama is gay. who cars, dan said what he said and there are still plenty of adire whores out there with money and plenty of JL whores out there with money that are soon to hear adire than will grease adire's palms line none other as soon as adire's dealers start selling brahma's like hot cakes. one company droping XBL isnt going to end adire's cash flow.

how ever Dans foot will be stuck in his mouth and out his ass when the new Ava motor pushes the Ava to outperform the new Brahma. im pulling for AA but anything can happen.

im not goign to make any judgements yet, but if Chad used Dan's statement just as an opputrunity to announce that hes dropping XBL^2, then I have lost all respect for him and his company. If it is as it appears to me then this was just a cheap shot made towards Adire with hopes of stirring up some publicity.

im not goign to make any judgements yet, but if Chad used Dan's statement just as an opputrunity to announce that hes dropping XBL^2, then I have lost all respect for him and his company. If it is as it appears to me then this was just a cheap shot made towards Adire with hopes of stirring up some publicity.

which, if that was the case, he did very successfully.

i am leaning towards the cheap shot to pick up publicity towards his "new tech" sub...

we shall see

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

good news...i think ive talked my dad into letting me buy an Ava 18 tomarrow. if they have any left. and if i can get through.

cheap shot or not im curious to this new tech. near same results as XBL with the new 6.5... im doubting LMT because from what i have read it hasnt been developed enough to have the sensitivity of XBL due to the extra moving mass and inductance. maybe it was developed by chad himself. in which case i give him major props. maybe it works similar to XBL only wiht enough difference to be called different than XBL by the US patent office to avoid confintation.

He didn't develop it. It's odd, not many are like Eric, they aren't waiting, they either hate Dan Wiggins, or they are mad at Ascendant for doing this marketing ploy.

I have no ill feelings towards Adire, as I never saw Dan's statement as being terrible. Was shocked when I read the statement... then read further and noticed the 1-2 month thing....

I at first was going to buy buy buy atlas 100 buy, and told Kent about it, but with the more I know, the less I think I want to pick one up.

He didn't develop it. It's odd, not many are like Eric, they aren't waiting, they either hate Dan Wiggins, or they are mad at Ascendant for doing this marketing ploy.

I have no ill feelings towards Adire, as I never saw Dan's statement as being terrible. Was shocked when I read the statement... then read further and noticed the 1-2 month thing....

I at first was going to buy buy buy atlas 100 buy, and told Kent about it, but with the more I know, the less I think I want to pick one up.

thats cuz

eric > all of joo B)

:idiot::ready2go:

good news...i think ive talked my dad into letting me buy an Ava 18 tomarrow. if they have any left. and if i can get through.

cheap shot or not im curious to this new tech. near same results as XBL with the new 6.5... im doubting LMT because from what i have read it hasnt been developed enough to have the sensitivity of XBL  due to the extra moving mass and inductance. maybe it was developed by chad himself. in which case i give him major props. maybe it works similar to XBL only wiht enough difference to be called different than XBL by the US patent office to avoid confintation.

did they have any left.

I was gonna get 2 18 Sx's, but for 275 :wub:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :wub: i gots wub...

or something like that...

and i'm not hating..i'm curious, like cb, as to what the new tech is..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i dont know if they have any left. but i am damned sure gonna try all day today. peace, i gotta get to school..skool blows.

a pair of Atlas 15's for home audio use would be very nice

update. i got my 18 ORDERED. he said as soon as the dust caps come in and they slap them on there they will ship, they expect the 2nd week of june last week at the LATEST. that gives me plenty of time to get things togather with insureance and all.

me=stadic right now.

now i need to start shoping for an amp.

estadic...lol

look at the MB Quart that Tirefyr bought ;)

ty for the reccomendation

i was thinking a Hifonics BX 1500 which is said to do 1300w at 14.4v with a true 1ohm nominal. so since my truck sits around 13.5 and with impeadence rise i should have around 800-1000w which is sapposed to be perfect for these beasts. plus they can be had for around $250 which aint bad at all.