mrray13

ascendent audio dropping xbl^2

ty for the reccomendation

i was thinking a Hifonics BX 1500 which is said to do 1300w at 14.4v with a true 1ohm nominal. so since my truck sits around 13.5 and with impeadence rise i should have around 800-1000w which is sapposed to be perfect for these beasts. plus they can be had for around $250 which aint bad at all.

hey, if you're interested, i have a Brutus thats looking for a home, it'll cost less than $250 as well

well im short of cash right now...just shopping not looking to purchase yet, i need to get some stuff paid for before i go buying an amp. but ty for the offer.

maybe i should buy both subs, 1 SX and 1 ava.

it really wouldn't hurt.

I agree with tire, you get what you pay for. I just feel bad for everyone who pre ordered or anyone who bought a driver a few weeks ago from them, bet they wish they procrastinated that idea for a week.

As for Dan, hell when you invent it you can do what you want with it and make whatever statements you want to about it. Bad business move? Nah, why take a great thing as distribute it widely? If everyone started getting this from Adire at some point its going to lose its novelty and all the hard work and intelligence that was put into it is going to make them look like a joke as a sub is sold for 150.

I would have said it was inferior product myself.

Dan didnt hurt himself, he just made his product more prestigeous

As for Dan, hell when you invent it you can do what you want with it and make whatever statements you want to about it. Bad business move? Nah, why take a great thing as distribute it widely? If everyone started getting this from Adire at some point its going to lose its novelty and all the hard work and intelligence that was put into it is going to make them look like a joke as a sub is sold for 150.

maybe that's what Dan was afraid of. u really don't want to lessen the value of something, or cheapen it.

I would have said it was inferior product myself.

Dan didnt hurt himself, he just made his product more prestigeous

though he didn't want to come across as to saying it's inferior (not blatently), you're right, he did want ppl to know that they were indeed different subs.

you know, most at this forum are intelligent, easy going and mostly mature ppl (not counting myself of course)...we discuss things, not flame them (ricers the only noted exception)..and the more i read about this and then read chad's statement, he belongs on ca.com, not here or sin.

he totally took dan's statement out of context to smear adire and garner some sympathy (and quick sales) for AA. i mean, i'll give him props for being a mad business man, he basiclly just did a pre-order/closeout sale on all his "old" tech woofers to get the funds to get the "new" tech subs built. and the majority bit right into it. (i would have too if the funds were right)

i don't think he cares about adire or what dan said, he needed money to produce the new subs and what a way to get it. he had to know his xbl^2 wasn't the same, or he'd be paying a hella lot more for his subs (and the customer as well). so he play's stupid/offended..and BLAM!!! there's the money for the new subs cuz everyone has to have what is highly regarded at dirt cheap prices...

i'll end this here. i was thinking, how easy it would be for him to do a ben milne about now. i mean, he's got a ton of money on it's way, already said it'll be a few months before the "old tech" subs are ready to ship and even longer for the "new tech" subs to be produced. he won't/hasn't mentioned what the new tech is....kinda sounds scamy to be..i hope all who bought these fire sale subs get them, but this almost sounds too good to be true..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'll end this here. i was thinking, how easy it would be for him to do a ben milne about now. i mean, he's  got a ton of money on it's way, already said it'll be a few months before the "old tech" subs are ready to ship and even longer for the "new tech" subs to be produced. he won't/hasn't mentioned what the new tech is....kinda sounds scamy to be..i hope all who bought these fire sale subs get them,  but this almost sounds too good to be true...

ED was exactly the way my mind was going, I just dont want it to turn into that. Innocent people were taken on that one, and seriously this is car audio, for most its our hobbies.

Im in the market for subs and I will honestly tell you I considered Ascendant Audio for all of 10 Seconds even after I found out about the huge discount. I wont give my money to anyone with a "Few Month" build time left on the woofers. On top of that who says hes really going to care how well he puts them together now too, especially when his mind is focused on his new line of drivers.

ED was exactly the way my mind was going, I just dont want it to turn into that. Innocent people were taken on that one, and seriously this is car audio, for most its our hobbies.

Im in the market for subs and I will honestly tell you I considered Ascendant Audio for all of 10 Seconds even after I found out about the huge discount. I wont give my money to anyone with a "Few Month" build time left on the woofers. On top of that who says hes really going to care how well he puts them together now too, especially when his mind is focused  on his new line of drivers.

well, up until this point, chad seemed to be an upstanding guy. ryan has actually dealt with him and will know more.

but after reading and re-reading alot of this, it does get one to wonder.

i honestly hope i'm talking outa my ass on this one. i hope chad will be shipping subs and that he does care about the quality. i don't want to see another eD..

btw, i really don't want to assume that's what chad is doing. i am just stating an observation...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My experience with AA:

Called up on a Friday, early. They answered the phone after 1 ring. This never happens anywhere I call. The guy on the other end almost seemed ecstatic to take my order. Gave them all info, ten minutes later I was done. 2 hours later received a tracking number. Next day received my drivers. Opened them up for inspection, the drivers seemed very well built. As a matter of fact, I was so pleased with the fit of the gasket. I have never seen one that conformed so well and tight to the basket. This is just a little detail to some, but a big thing that could possibly get overlooked. The gasket will distort when mounted if it is loose. These drivers would not have that problem. All in all, even though I never even hooked them up, I would venture to say they would perform more than adequate for the price I paid. The service was great. They even came with little slips indicating they had gone through some sort of quality control and there were specific measurements for each driver.

I fully undertsand both sides. I agree with Dan o some parts, but I think this could have been something to hurt AA. IF your product was using some new found glorified technology and the designer of this technology just came out and said it's not as high quality of another, no matter what the context, people are going to make assumptions that that particular lesser quality driver is now just crap. I remembere a while ago when some major auto manufacturer was having some problems with OEM tires blwoing out. Everyone avoided Firestone like the plague. That's what we have to look at here, because unfortunately, that's what the majority of the potential customers are going to think. Anyone doing research on AA who would happen upon Dan's comment would immediately turn away IMO. Hence Chad's reasoning to drop it. I really don't think it offended him, rather he's making a business decision to improve the status of the company. I think we'd all do the same.

Let's use eD for an example. They had all the hype with the flat cones and everyone wanted them. Come to find out, there were problems, big problems. Ben should've stepped up right then and there and stopped it, but no, kept making them and giving excuses. Bad business move. Now everyone looking into eD will do a web search and come up with tons of negatives on them. There goes potential customers.

Remember folks, we more often than not only here the complaints about the products. The praises are few and far between. For every one product failure, there's a multitude more of products that are performing well that you just don't hear about.

I'm now done replying here.

its just a bad situation all in all, Dan said they were not up to par with his, and IMO Chad's statment is trying to make Dan look like an A-hole because of it.

Im personally interested in this new technology that Chad has, hopefully it makes some phenominal drivers and his business is extremely sucessful. Until this point AA needs to stand the test of time, and it looks like the road is getting rough.

Anyone remember Blueprint? I tried for awhile to get a 1503 from them not realizing they were going out of business at the time. Since then I'm very careful about purcahsing from startup sub companies.

the build quality of the subs waiting shouldnt be bad at all. the subs are built, they have no dust caps...its kind of hard to screw up a dust cap. it can fall off, sure, but you can glue it right back on no problem.

either way if chad takes my money i will be pissed, i have 60days after charging to cancel the order and still get my money back if i dont have the product in my possession. at 59days after yesterday i dont have a tracking number that shows it has been shipped, the order will be canceled, it is simple as that.

but i dont think chad would do that, he seems like a good guy on the phone. so far i have heard nothing but praise for chad and Ascendant and i am banking that i will be quite happy.

I would also assume that Chad would not do that on the basis of ethics, let alone bad business.

eD Ben's are rare, but hey if everyone in the world was ethical then it would be too perfect.

regarless of what people feel about the situation,

both companies are getting big exposure and both are going to sell more product due to this, no bad press right?

Any exposure is great exposure

welll...not how eDuh was exposed a wile back...now a lot of people stay away form eD just because of that... and when it was exposed that eD uses the same manufacture ware house for one of their comps as one of CDT's compas...and then someone lookes into it....now they scream rebadgED...