nauc

SoundSplinter LMT sub

i read this over at car audio forum.com

wait a couple months for the new soundsplinter LMT. It sounds like it will fit your criteria perfectly. 38 mm xmax with a ruler flat bl curver and a price tag right under what you're looking to spend. It will walk all over all 3 of your current choices.

is this true, if so any other info, is there a proto out

I am waiting on one my self,

{crosses fingers for demo ring spot}

:lol2:

i read this over at car audio forum.com

wait a couple months for the new soundsplinter LMT. It sounds like it will fit your criteria perfectly. 38 mm xmax with a ruler flat bl curver and a price tag right under what you're looking to spend. It will walk all over all 3 of your current choices.

is this true, if so any other info, is there a proto out

Can you direct us to this thread over at Car Audio Forum.com? I would like to know what his other 3 choices were.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=2748

^^ long and cumbersome, but that thread does contain all the information I've released on our new Supreme Series LMT drivers thus far. Prototypes have been made, but they are frankenstein woofers and I am waiting for the last parts to come in for our final version, which we should have a prototype built for within about one week.

Now, the fun stuff - if anyone here would like to DEMO THE SUPREME SERIES 12" LMT DRIVER, shoot me over an email and provide the following information:

• Your Name
  • Your Full Address
  • Why you would like to Demo it
  • If you are willing to incur the cost of shipping the driver to the next person
  • Any type of references you may have

Aside from the outbound shipping cost, the demo will be free of charge, and I'll give each person between 5-7 days (one week maximum) to play around with it. This will likely begin in early June.

------------------------

Recap of the new Supreme Series:

• Built upon the TC3HP high excursion motor
  • Aluminum cone w/ NBR tall rubber surround
  • Available in 12" and 15" sizes (maybe more down the line, interest depending)
  • Up to 38.15 mm one way linear Xmax - True 3" peak to peak excursion!
  • RMS rating of 800 watts (2 kW peak)
  • 2ohm single linear voice coil (TC Sounds patented proprietary technology, first time it will hit the open market)
  • Powedercoated black/grey chrome basket
  • 5 x (7.5" by 0.75") magnets in order to flat-out prevent the possibility of bottoming out
  • Dual 9.8" spiders
  • Fs around 20 Hz
  • Qts between 0.4 - 0.5
  • Debut pricing of $499 for a 12" and $559 for a 15"
  • Full release date scheduled for late June / early July

More information will be released after all the final parts arrive and the finalized prototypes are together in full force for testing.

haha I got my email in before kent, dang, I don't know if I am going to have $559 by June saved up extra

....$559 for a 15"

Full release date scheduled for late June / early July

Can I come over and wash your car once a week to work off some of that?? And if that is the intro price what can we expect afterwords as my purchase is dependant on me buying a new car and selling my old one neither of which are overnight transactions so I am not even sure if I will be able to buy out of the first batch..

Hell no, I love washing my car! Out here in this California sunshine, washing the car is a leisure time activity for me :poop::D

You can get $10 off for each person you refer who buys anything from me though ;)

.. just gotta make sure they clarify that you were the one who referred them! :slayer:

SoundSplinter, about how much bigger is the magnet on the RL-S series sub compared to the RL-P series. Also, I currently have a 1cF sealed box and was wondering if the 12" driver will be adequate for this box size.

Looks like eD's Av.2 will take awhile before it comes out and was also considering Sound Splinter's RL-S 12" sub as well. At the moment, I have a 13Ov.2 (D2) off of a NINe.1, but would like to have a 'super sub' as well. :slayer:

SoundSplinter, about how much bigger is the magnet on the RL-S series sub compared to the RL-P series.  Also, I currently have a 1cF sealed box and was wondering if the 12" driver will be adequate for this box size.

Looks like eD's Av.2 will take awhile before it comes out and was also considering Sound Splinter's RL-S 12" sub as well.  At the moment, I have a 13Ov.2 (D2) off of a NINe.1, but would like to see have a 'super sub' as well.  :slayer:

Just from his description alone and what the original LMT proto's look like it'll probably displace 1 cubic foot.....lol.....(yeah I am putting a 10 on it but big as hell should be about right). And it is a 5 stack magnet. I think he mentioned like 14 inch mounting depth. Think of it as a small round waste basket that is under your desk at work.

humm, inverted maybe?

SoundSplinter, about how much bigger is the magnet on the RL-S series sub compared to the RL-P series.

The RL-p series has used dual 7.5" x 1" magnets in the past.

The newer Premium 15's and the group buy 12 D2's are using tripple 7.5" x 0.75" magnets.

The Supreme drivers will use quintupled 7.5" x 0.75" magnets.

SoundSplinter, about how much bigger is the magnet on the RL-S series sub compared to the RL-P series.

The RL-p series has used dual 7.5" x 1" magnets in the past.

The newer Premium 15's and the group buy 12 D2's are using tripple 7.5" x 0.75" magnets.

The Supreme drivers will use quintupled 7.5" x 0.75" magnets.

I'm assuming with this info regarding the new RL-s subs, they will require a bigger box than the old/newer Rl-p subs. Doubling the magnet size will be a sight to be seen. Can we count on the size in relation to a 12 or 13 W7??

How about the 12" rl-p's nt in the GB, lets say, 5 months from now?

all i can say is .....wow

mike not to get to far away from the main topic, but you mentioned going to a tripple stack magnet on the RL-p's that are going out now....

I am wondering is that affecting power handleing or anything else major?

I'm assuming with this info regarding the new RL-s subs, they will require a bigger box than the old/newer Rl-p subs [...] Can we count on the size in relation to a 12 or 13 W7??

It will be big in size, yes. ;)

You might be able to consider it to be similar to the W7 in that respsect.

In terms of sound however..

Well, you should know I'm betting it'll be better than the W7; but what the public may think is of course, yet to be seen yingyang.gif

mike not to get to far away from the main topic, but you mentioned going to a tripple stack magnet on the RL-p's that are going out now....

I am wondering is that affecting power handleing or anything else major?

No, no major effects in terms of how the driver will perform in the practical/realistic sense.

In the marketing sense, the new design has helped tweak the T/S param's in the generally accepted favor :woot:

If you make a special for the first week the driver comes out i will surely snatch a 15 from you, since i bet one rl-s 15 will be louder than 2 rl-p 12's :lol2:

mike, do i really need to send ya an email??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm hoping I can do a straight swap-out of a RL-p 15" with an LMT for comparison ;)

Too late, you already did! :mario:

haha...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey man, are we seriously going to have a LMT BBQ party!?!?! If so, I may not bother sending in my request......BUT, if we aren't going to have a get together, then I will need to be sure I get my grubby little mits on that thing :woot: