nauc

SoundSplinter LMT sub

yeah thats what i was just counting right now, how many does the rl-p have jelly?

Older RL-p's use dual 1" slugs, the newer 15's are using tripple stacked 0.75" magnets. The pictures of the LMT proto's located in the other thread are quad stacked 0.75" magnets, and we're planning on the final production versions carrying quintupled 0.75" magnets in order to prevent any possibility of bottoming out the woofer; in other words the suspension of the driver will limit its travel before it even has a chance to hit the backplate at extreme excursions.

Older RL-p's use dual 1" slugs, the newer 15's are using tripple stacked 0.75" magnets.  The pictures of the LMT proto's located in the other thread are quad stacked 0.75" magnets, and we're planning on the final production versions carrying quintupled 0.75" magnets in order to prevent any possibility of bottoming out the woofer; in other words the suspension of the driver will limit its travel before it even has a chance to hit the backplate at extreme excursions.

so the new ones have 1/4" more magnet.....

D@MN i got screwed again! :idiot:

Older RL-p's use dual 1" slugs, the newer 15's are using tripple stacked 0.75" magnets.  The pictures of the LMT proto's located in the other thread are quad stacked 0.75" magnets, and we're planning on the final production versions carrying quintupled 0.75" magnets in order to prevent any possibility of bottoming out the woofer; in other words the suspension of the driver will limit its travel before it even has a chance to hit the backplate at extreme excursions.

so the new ones have 1/4" more magnet.....

D@MN i got screwed again! :idiot:

Hahaha, when i order my pair of 15's, both of them better come signed!!! :fing34:

[url=http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?

[*]Available in 12" and 15" sizes (maybe more down the line, interest depending)

Im a little late on this comment and i dunno if this has already been discussed, but Id be interested in an 8 :D

LMT 8 in my reg cab = :wackit:

I doubt that'll happen... at least not anytime soon, as the current coils are not suitable for small drivers and it would require quite a bit more tooling to come up with a rock solid design. In my opinion, we'll see an 18" LM driver before we see an 8" crazy.gif

In my opinion, we'll see an 18" LM driver before we see an 8" crazy.gif

I can't decide if that makes me happy, or sad :unsure:

we'll see an 18" LM driver before we see an 8" crazy.gif

I can hardly wait to see the roof pron. I can just see it now, your woofers moves over 3 inchs and your roof over two............ :faintthud:

5 magnets? wow, crap who cares about weight at this point if your stepping up for an RL-s performance of the sub is the #1 factor

wow..... idk what to do now

Are they ready yet?......