nauc

SoundSplinter LMT sub

it is a LSQ sub...Linear Motor Technology (which u probably knew)

and yeah, it'll be the top dog in SS's lineup..offering better sq and output then the rl-p...which means i tshould sound hella great whilest getting stupid loud!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

LSQ...:wub: Ok.....i guess i'll wait....

I think the meet should be in Hi under the sun at the beach.

[...]

I recommended myself mike does that count for $20 off plus the savings of getting two :D lol.

Only if you put me up in your Hawaiian home for a week! ;)

A meet in Hawaii, man that would be the ticket though..

I'd probably get held up at airport security once they see all the huge metal beasts I'm tryin' to take o'er there :lol2:

Put u up for a week. well I can put up with you for a little longer than that if I can save on shipping cause you'll bring two for me. wonder how much them tickets will be costin in a couple months, thats when they'll be available right? Or next week if you want to bring a proto. I have a lost closet. But nothings ever found once donated to the lost closet need mobass foundation. man clean clear LOUD bass. I've never heard such a thing. Seriously, closest I've heard was Bran's Rl-i 12"s sealed and my 8"s. I like Tc stuff, too bad stevo's gone.

Oh yeah, I have 8 4" aeroports waiting too. so we can tune low in a huge box and see what happens when we play the speakerboxx intro at full tilt lmao. Colossus is 2ohm mono stable 3200rms rated I had mine tested to do very close to the ratings a little more that 3200 but who's counting after 3krms lol.

Well if you ever decide to come email me. Our couch is a fold out bed! Blankets are in the hall closet. And the liquer cabinet is alwas full.

T

hey Mike,

I can't remember if you had stated what the final version of the cone will look like? will it be teh sexies like the new or the original RL-p's

{side note, I seriously changed my order last night when I ordered chineese for Amanda and I, I decided to get the combo for 2, anyway to get to the point I thought if I keep ordering the Large Chicken Lo Mein I am never going to be able to fork it up for the LMT, $3.75 went towards the RL-s fund last night} ;)

rofl, $3.75 what a difference. Its like other people saving lunch money lol.

rofl, $3.75 what a difference. Its like other people saving lunch money lol.

for a sub that is in that price range, every penny counts,

so I don't go out a few nights here and there, detail a car or two more, pick up some overtime, etc.

I'm still tryin' to figure out what I'm going to have to sell when this puppy gets released :(

PS: What's the mounting depth going to be?

Well if you ever decide to come email me. Our couch is a fold out bed! Blankets are in the hall closet. And the liquer cabinet is alwas full.

LMFAO! You guys are awesome lol.gif

I would LOVE to take a trip out to Hawaii.. but I believe we're in the high season now, so unless my agent can score some unbelievable deals, I'm not so sure I'll be able to make it out by summer sealedlips.gif .. nonetheless, your offer is pretty damn sweet! We'll just have to wait and see what happens - you may just be hearin' from me sooner than you think! :P

Denim, the cone will not be the same as the current drivers I'm carrying. Rather, it'll be a matte off-white/silverish aluminum cone, possibly with a polished aluminum inverted dustcap in the center. We had to go this route because the black annodized cones wouldn't offer as strong a connection to the linear voicecoil, and I want to make sure these drivers are as close to bullet proof as possible ;) .. I'll make sure it looks good though, don't worry about that!

As for the rest of the Q's. I just rolled in from Oregon, so I'll be playing catch up through the end of this week. More juicy info to come!

if they were painted matte black like the first run of SS's that would be uber sweet

I like the silver. Any chance we can get a SoundSplinter logo contest going with a grand prize of a LMT (maybe the final proto)? I know your tired of people calling it an X!! Come'on Mike!

Nah, I like my logo!

.. not to mention I have a great time drawing, so if I used a new logo I'd want to do it myself :banhim::P

Denim, the cone will not be the same as the current drivers I'm carrying.  Rather, it'll be a matte off-white/silverish aluminum cone, possibly with a polished aluminum inverted dustcap in the center.  We had to go this route because the black annodized cones wouldn't offer as strong a connection to the linear voicecoil, and I want to make sure these drivers are as close to bullet proof as possible ;) .. I'll make sure it looks good though, don't worry about that!

Similar to Entasi's cone?

entasi_1.gif

LMFAO! You guys are awesome lol.gif

I would LOVE to take a trip out to Hawaii.. but I believe we're in the high season now, so unless my agent can score some unbelievable deals, I'm not so sure I'll be able to make it out by summer sealedlips.gif .. nonetheless, your offer is pretty damn sweet! We'll just have to wait and see what happens - you may just be hearin' from me sooner than you think! :P

Denim, the cone will not be the same as the current drivers I'm carrying. Rather, it'll be a matte off-white/silverish aluminum cone, possibly with a polished aluminum inverted dustcap in the center. We had to go this route because the black annodized cones wouldn't offer as strong a connection to the linear voicecoil, and I want to make sure these drivers are as close to bullet proof as possible ;) .. I'll make sure it looks good though, don't worry about that!

If your ever in texas you can come stay with me... and sleep in my bed... with me in it... and we can cuddle up with a sexy LMT ;)...MmMmMmmmm... huh wha? did i say that aloud ;d?

If they look like Entasi's i'll be happy, tho i think they should be a black cone w/silver dust cap(teh ultra sexay) :D.

WELCOME BACK MIKE :D

Similar to Entasi's cone?

Yes, similar to Entasi's. I'll look into getting the cone black... but I want to make sure the integrity of the driver won't be compromised - as I know in the past, the paint on the surface of the aluminum has posed some potential issues with the adhesion of the glue to the surround. I'll see what I can do.

to pull a tom...

:stfu:

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i thought you had a proto?

are there no pictures? :(

hey Mike, how warm am I on apperance of the RL-s?

255.jpg

I don't believe that they're using the Eclipse baskets. I'd guess that the appearance will be closer to this, but with a shiny dustcap:

416_46.jpg

416_54.jpg

Mike, are you keeping woven leads for the RL-s? RE doesn't seem to like them, and I've noticed that SI recently switched to unwoven leads in their prototype (unless my memory fails me, their older subs were woven).

req, indeed there are a couple prototypes, but they use a conglomerate of spare parts and have the eclipse logo on the cone.. so I don't want to be putting up pictures of that for obvious reasons :P

The drivers will look most similar to the ones that idiot posted above. We do plan to keep woven lead wires in the design as well. It's a bit more expensive, but I believe it to be both aesthetically and functionally superior to the non-woven alternative.

sweet..lol..

i can't wait to get one!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the above pictured looks like a beefed up black uber

How heavy is this sub going to be, I might have missed that in previous post's?

Also, I really like the black cones, are the production run drivers going to be coming with these?

Also, I really like the black cones, are the production run drivers going to be coming with these?

This is all we know at current:

Yes, similar to Entasi's.  I'll look into getting the cone black... but I want to make sure the integrity of the driver won't be compromised - as I know in the past, the paint on the surface of the aluminum has posed some potential issues with the adhesion of the glue to the surround.  I'll see what I can do.