frosty42069

15" FI Q WATTAGE

I need to know what wattage i can run a 15" fi q safely at without much worry of blowing it. I know that the reccomended RMS is 1000 but i've seen videos of them running at 1500; is that safe for the sub?

Read My Post To Your Question In The BL And Q Comparision Forum.

1300 Watts RMS Conservatively With BP Power.

if you have to ask the question then you should only stick to Fi's recommendation.

if you have to ask the question then you should only stick to Fi's recommendation.

This.

x3. if a sub is rated at a certain RMS level, it shouldnt need more power than that to perform properly

yea you guys are probably right bc just bc it can take more don't mean i should put that much...it would probably get distorted with higher wattage with small spl differences....guess that was a stupid question to begin with and i could have solved that in my mind without posting but thanks anyway...I love car audio but i'm nowhere near close to being an expert but I have to say I love the bass and i know what i'm doing enough to run the system and gets some half-way decent spl = ]....i been just having two 10's bc i have a single cab truck but i'm going to add a 15" to my front seat just for the fun of it

That is pretty silly and ghetto. I wouldn't want to ride with a sub box in the passenger seat.

Not to mention dangerous. :(

lol it's really ghetto but i don't have much of an option short of puting bucket seats in my truck and puting a box between them...and my fiance would murder me for that

Sounds like you should just stick to 10s behind the seat. If you tell us what subs you have now and how much room and mounting depth you have, we may be able to come up with some alternatives that will yield better results than that frankenstein idea.