mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

Sup guys here's my shit. Below is a list of what I got and what i'll be getting. Everything is coming together since i'm making a log about half way through the process.. So enjoy!

Vehicle: 2003 Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L

HU: Alpine CDA-9886

Subwoofer: Fi Car Audio BTL 15"

Subwoofer Amp: Sundown Audio SAZ-2000D

Door Speakers: Alpine Type-S

Box: Ported - 3.9 Cubes at 33hz

Batteries: Will be buying 1 or 2, make still undecided.

Capacitor: Stinger 5 Farad

Wiring: Stinger and Rockford Fosgate

Misc.: Stinger Blue LED Voltage Meter

I have mostly everything installed besides the sub, amp, cap, voltmeter, new 1/0 wires and a couple other things as of 7/7/09. The sub and amp should be here within the next 1 or 2 weeks as long as there's no problems. Will be putting in voltmeter and some wiring this week including big 3 so stay tuned.

I know my setup isn't the craziest but I hope you guys still enjoy my log.

Heres the whip:

Car1.jpg

Car2.jpg

Here's some more pics that I already had and took today. Will be posting pics of the stuff I picked up today in a little bit.. I just want some responses first haha.

HU:

HU1.jpg

Here's the box:

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Also i'm gunna head out once the weather clears up to take some more. Soooooo stay tuned!

good start and keep us posted

Ok so here's the stuff that I picked up today.. finally.

In the pics:

- Stinger 1/0 (wicked good deal)

- 10ft. strand of Stinger 1/0 for Big 3

- 3 sets of 1/0 ring terminals

- Stinger blue LED voltage meter

Everything from today.

Wires2-1.jpg

Everything in the amp kit.

Wires1.jpg

Wires4.jpg

Also I bought a digital multimeter.. finallllly lol. and i got a new pair of pliers if you noticed em.

I was really impressed on the quality of the Stinger wire. It's their new 'Hyperflex' or whatever and trust me it is fleeeeeeeeeeeeeexible!.. it's ridiculous. and I was also really impressed with the fuse holder btw.

great products in a wiring kit, i got to get my hands on a multimeter asap. Im mad you beat me to punch, have fun installing

great products in a wiring kit, i got to get my hands on a multimeter asap. Im mad you beat me to punch, have fun installing

definately definately.. the wire is packed too.. it's not just all insulator.. quality stuff.. but head on down to radio shack.. got mine there only $20.. already tested my voltage and was just about to post results.. and some more pics eventually.. but i need that sub and then i can really have fun ;) do you have a voltmeter by any chance?

definately definately.. the wire is packed too.. it's not just all insulator.. quality stuff.. but head on down to radio shack.. got mine there only $20.. already tested my voltage and was just about to post results.. and some more pics eventually.. but i need that sub and then i can really have fun ;) do you have a voltmeter by any chance?

yeah i have an audiocontrol epic-160 that has a voltmeter on it, right under the radio

yeah i have an audiocontrol epic-160 that has a voltmeter on it, right under the radio

ohh i see.. i wanted to start installing mine today but i kind of ran out of time.. but where are all of wires wired to?

mine has three: red-to connect to 12v constant source, black-ground duh, and blue-to connect to remote wire..

i want to run my power one allllll the way to the back to connect to the end of my power wire for the amp.. and ground---i'll find a spot.... but the remote one is the bitch.. could i just kind of peel off a bit of the jacket of the remote wire running to the amp in the rear and connect it to that? solder it to it right? it should be easy as shit but i think i'm over thinking it lol... let me know thanks

I have mines wired into the radio's wires since I customized my dash kit and fit it into the pocket under the radio. I suggest you use your radio's wiring since you will probably have that voltmeter somewher up close to the dash so it can be read easier

I have mines wired into the radio's wires since I customized my dash kit and fit it into the pocket under the radio. I suggest you use your radio's wiring since you will probably have that voltmeter somewher up close to the dash so it can be read easier

yea i'm gunna take a picture of what i'm talking about tomorrow since it's dark here now.. my remote wire sort of snakes behind the dash behind the steering column down to the floor where it shows a little... i can get to it in like two spots which are very close to where i want to mount it... i need to solder some 16g wire to the existing wire on the voltmeter since they're wicked short.. that would be fine right (16g soldered to the existing wire to make them as long as i need them)?

i just used the standard blue 18g remote wire but 16g would do the trick if you dont have any 18g laying around just make sure your ground wire is the same as the power wire

i just used the standard blue 18g remote wire but 16g would do the trick if you dont have any 18g laying around just make sure your ground wire is the same as the power wire

haha now that i think of it.. i do.. i just got like 17ft of it in that amp kit that i dont need.. but for the power and ground i'll probably just use 16g rockford speaker wire.. sound good to you?

haha now that i think of it.. i do.. i just got like 17ft of it in that amp kit that i dont need.. but for the power and ground i'll probably just use 16g rockford speaker wire.. sound good to you?

in my opinion i dont think that will be needed but maybe someone else will chime in if im wrong, it is still going to read the voltage of the vehicle the same with either wire.

in my opinion i dont think that will be needed but maybe someone else will chime in if im wrong, it is still going to read the voltage of the vehicle the same with either wire.

i'm not using the 16g because it's thicker.. i'm only using it because i have a shitload of it laying around haha.. i'd rather do that then go buy some 18g.. that's why i'm making sure its fine.. i like to double check a lot lol

well yeah thats cool if thats what you have, go ftw with the 16g and be done with it

So bored as usual I figured i'd post again.. earlier today I used my new digital multimeter to check out the voltage on my totally stock eletrical system. So here's what i got:

Car Off: 13.01 V

Car On: 13.92 V

On with Lights on: 13.90 V

On with Lights and AC on full blast: 13.33 V

Pretty good numbers but this is with amp off. I'm going to check all of this again once I get my stuff setup and compare. My electrical will gradually get better so i'm going to check it out everytime. I'm going to check out the difference that is made once i complete the big 3 upgrade this Friday... but more pics very soon.

What do you guys think of the numbers so far?

Edited by mbarber25

thats a good car off voltage but that starting voltage should be better.

All with stock alt, batter but Big 3 Done:

Im 13.1 with car offf

Im 14.7 when car first cranked

Im14.1-14.3 with lights and ac full blust with two high amps on, 93 degree texas night

thats a good car off voltage but that starting voltage should be better.

All with stock alt, batter but Big 3 Done:

Im 13.1 with car offf

Im 14.7 when car first cranked

Im14.1-14.3 with lights and ac full blust with two high amps on, 93 degree texas night

i didn't get to see its peak when i first started it.. that's after it was on for a couple seconds

but good luck to us once our saz-2000d's come! lol

Good shit! I will be tuned in!

I'm ordering my knu 1/0 wire tomorrow.

You think I should get about 22 ft of power wire and maybe 13 ft of ground?

Good shit! I will be tuned in!

I'm ordering my knu 1/0 wire tomorrow.

You think I should get about 22 ft of power wire and maybe 13 ft of ground?

that's enough for my application i know that.. you still have to do the big 3 and 1 run from front battery to amp in the back right? what's different from mine?

Yeah that's why I plan on getting that much power wire.. Damn I can't wait for sub to show up on my doorstep :)

yea then you should be straight... haha but me too.. tomorrow is going to be the longest day of work ever.. not knowing if it came or not is gunna suck lol.. i'll have to wait until my break to see if they delivered it or not.. if it doesn't come this week i'll be sad.

Haha yea yours shouldve shipped today just check your tracking number. Give it a few days if it's now there by Friday or Saturday then expect it Monday.

I'm going to try and build my box tomorrow. I'll send you some pics!

Haha yea yours shouldve shipped today just check your tracking number. Give it a few days if it's now there by Friday or Saturday then expect it Monday.

I'm going to try and build my box tomorrow. I'll send you some pics!

yea idk we'll see.. I check that number everytime I get a chance lol.. good luck with it and definately make a build log!