mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

yeah I seen it, looks great for it just to be the jl audio 250/1. I wanna put my 2000D in also but Im a little skeptical on it, even though MemphisMzd said put it in and watch the voltage (maybe in august if batteries still havent been bough then I will just install it and be real cautious with it)

thanks

i'm still a little skeptical too.. i was going to put it in today but couldn't man up and just do it lol.. the weather sucked anyways and i got some other stuff done

Chuggin' along nicely man!!!!

Keep it up!

so um made some changes today:

sub is wired to 4ohm since the one i have in now couldn't take the 1ohm load.. and now the sub is crooked due to mounting problems... but whatever looks aren't everything

and i can already tell a difference in output from the amp after switching from 1ohm to 4.. and i don't like it! so.....

this friday i will be putting in my SAZ-2000D and running it at 4ohms so it'll be putting out about 500 watts give or take

i'm very exciting for the upgrade and i know the small jump in watts will be verrrrrrrrrrrry noticable

also i got some stuff in the mail today :)

Knu1.jpg

i'll show you guys what's in the box later.. nothing too exciting

Edited by mbarber25

so i went to a New England SPL event today and i have to say it was a good time.. the car show part was iffy but the SPL part was excellent.. i'm not really looking at being a competitor so i only went to get my car metered and to have a good time

i ended up placing third in the A1 category.. :shrug:

Trophey1.jpg

on my first run i got a 133.? and on the second, after playing with a couple things, a 136.?

lmao.. there were only three people in my class also haha i suck... but remember:

i have a trunk and am only running my amp at 4ohms which equals like 500 watts

the kid who got first had a hatchback with one 13.5 W7 with a 1000/1 amp and the guy who got second had two W6's but idk what he had for an amp.. they thought their JL stuff was the shit but they have nooooooo clue what my setup should be like

so no i'm really desperate to get a second battery so i can wire my sub to 1ohm.. then i hope to be in the 40's

i just didn't like losing to people with mainstream JL and basic setups :/ but it was my first time and a goood learning expirence

Edited by mbarber25

so i went to a New England SPL event today and i have to say it was a good time.. the car show part was iffy but the SPL part was excellent.. i'm not really looking at being a competitor so i only went to get my car metered and to have a good time

Trophey1.jpg

on my first run i got a 133.? and on the second, after playing with a couple things, a 136.?

lmao.. there were only three people in my class also haha i suck... but remember:

the kid who got first had a hatchback with one 13.5 W7 with a 1000/1 amp and the guy who got second had two W6's but idk what he had for an amp.. they thought their JL stuff was the shit but they have nooooooo clue what my setup should be like

so no i'm really desperate to get a second battery so i can wire my sub to 1ohm.. then i hope to be in the 40's

i just didn't like losing to people with mainstream JL and basic setups :/ but it was my first time and a goood learning expirence

good job, another Sundown 2000D trophy winner fing05.gif

Edited by jay-cee

Trophey1.jpg

so now i'm really desperate to get a second battery so i can wire my sub to 1ohm.. then i hope to be in the 40's

It was a pleasure meeting you today Marcus, do'nt let it get you down that you got 3rd out 3, you did well after your tweeks, plus if you look at past comp results you would have done about equally well in larger fields from the past (IN A TRUNK most of the others had hatchbacks or suv's in those). When your wired down to an ohm you'll def be in the 40's. Today was a testing day for you and as you said you learned alot, and thats what it was all about. I hope to see you at another NESPL event tearning it up in my class when your wired right. Rem., the guy that took your class today would have to change a ton of his equipment to even lick your boots after you only add a battery, plus your sub is no where even close to broken in... you will hear a big dif. in loudness after your break-in, I know I did as has basically every1 I know... i bet you dream of batteries and 1 ohm tonight!

You possess a very important skill, one that is rare: patience and I respect that, so IMO use that patience after you wire it down to an ohm and wait till that sub broken in before you go full tilt, you won't regret it. Your sub will last alot longer and be louder in the long run. You have good taste in equipment and patience so I know your gonna be one loud mofo in the NESPL if you do decide to compete, if not then in your general area for sure.

I look forward to seeing you in the SPL lanes again in the near future. I know you said you didn't want to travel too far for some of the events but maybe after you get your battery you may change your mind ;-) even if not he is having another comp in MA sept. 27th, its not on his schedule yet (will be soon) but I heard it is confirmed, so maybe I'll @ least see you there.

dont mean to get off topic but...

btw he was being very nice about the car show part! it was a joke! The organizers advertised as much as me and way less then SPLblazer, which is sad cuz they posted on a site that "this show is their life". They were very unorganized, VERY, they showed up late and had nothing set up! it was a cluster f***, they made us move twice the last time after the meter was practically set up.NESPL on the other hand ran a tip top comp as usual. Being a saturday it was small as he predicted but we had almost as many spl cars as they had show cars lmfao. The show guys didn't have the dunk tank as they advertised or a few other things and at the last min. tried to put SPLblazer on the spot to kick in $. He didn't say anything about it to us or complain I just overheard it, honestly it pissed me off. But as usual he stuck up for his competetors and we didn't have to pay extra cash (a few did not knowing but the rest of us didn't) It was days like today that I was glad the SPL comp and car show were/are seperate entities. I obv can not and will not speak for NESPL but i would be VERY suprised if the nespl returns to that show! all that said I had a blast today, met some very cool people, saw lots of cool people that I already knew from the league and am as addicted as ever to this league!

congrats again on the trophy Marcus, see you soon. btw you did a good job on your install, very clean.

-Bill

Trophey1.jpg

so now i'm really desperate to get a second battery so i can wire my sub to 1ohm.. then i hope to be in the 40's

It was a pleasure meeting you today Marcus, do'nt let it get you down that you got 3rd out 3, you did well after your tweeks, plus if you look at past comp results you would have done about equally well in larger fields from the past (IN A TRUNK most of the others had hatchbacks or suv's in those). When your wired down to an ohm you'll def be in the 40's. Today was a testing day for you and as you said you learned alot, and thats what it was all about. I hope to see you at another NESPL event tearning it up in my class when your wired right. Rem., the guy that took your class today would have to change a ton of his equipment to even lick your boots after you only add a battery, plus your sub is no where even close to broken in... you will hear a big dif. in loudness after your break-in, I know I did as has basically every1 I know... i bet you dream of batteries and 1 ohm tonight!

You possess a very important skill, one that is rare: patience and I respect that, so IMO use that patience after you wire it down to an ohm and wait till that sub broken in before you go full tilt, you won't regret it. Your sub will last alot longer and be louder in the long run. You have good taste in equipment and patience so I know your gonna be one loud mofo in the NESPL if you do decide to compete, if not then in your general area for sure.

I look forward to seeing you in the SPL lanes again in the near future. I know you said you didn't want to travel too far for some of the events but maybe after you get your battery you may change your mind ;-) even if not he is having another comp in MA sept. 27th, its not on his schedule yet (will be soon) but I heard it is confirmed, so maybe I'll @ least see you there.

dont mean to get off topic but...

btw he was being very nice about the car show part! it was a joke! The organizers advertised as much as me and way less then SPLblazer, which is sad cuz they posted on a site that "this show is their life". They were very unorganized, VERY, they showed up late and had nothing set up! it was a cluster f***, they made us move twice the last time after the meter was practically set up.NESPL on the other hand ran a tip top comp as usual. Being a saturday it was small as he predicted but we had almost as many spl cars as they had show cars lmfao. The show guys didn't have the dunk tank as they advertised or a few other things and at the last min. tried to put SPLblazer on the spot to kick in $. He didn't say anything about it to us or complain I just overheard it, honestly it pissed me off. But as usual he stuck up for his competetors and we didn't have to pay extra cash (a few did not knowing but the rest of us didn't) It was days like today that I was glad the SPL comp and car show were/are seperate entities. I obv can not and will not speak for NESPL but i would be VERY suprised if the nespl returns to that show! all that said I had a blast today, met some very cool people, saw lots of cool people that I already knew from the league and am as addicted as ever to this league!

congrats again on the trophy Marcus, see you soon. btw you did a good job on your install, very clean.

-Bill

thanks man! means a lot. it was good meeting you also. congrats on another first

but all i wanted to do when i got home was work on my car but it was basically dark lol. i just want to make it better! but anyways i think i'm going to drive up to tewksbury in septemeber.. i know i'll be all setup by then.. and i will go to the other one you were talking about also.. i said i don't want to become a competitor but i actually really want to.. i'll just compete with a daily setup.. or get a box that's in the middle!

but i'll definately see you

Edited by mbarber25

thanks man! means a lot. it was good meeting you also. congrats on another first

but all i wanted to do when i got home was work on my car but it was basically dark lol. i just want to make it better! but anyways i think i'm going to drive up to tewksbury in septemeber.. i know i'll be all setup by then.. and i will go to the other one you were talking about also.. i said i don't want to become a competitor but i actually really want to.. i'll just compete with a daily setup.. or get a box that's in the middle!

but i'll definately see you

right on looking forward to it & thanks for the congrats I really wanted the win today. btw IMO you have what it takes to be a real threat in the most improved catagory in this league (he's giving a 4 foot trophy to winner of that for amature class and for stock class. The only thing holding you back on that is the number of comps needed to attend to qualify (7). For this season you'd have to attend basically all of the remaining comps he has, so that may be tough for you but next season you should DEF look into that cuz he has enough comps spread all around that you could go to the ones close to you and not have be under the gun this season. plus since your planning to attend only 3 this season he'll prob let you stay in the amature class for next season

there are some straight up Mr. Wizards on this site so I am sure they will chime in if what I am about to say is wrong. I'd round off the port you have, inside of it and out, I sanded my str8 round ports just a little and only on outside of them and I picked up no less then 3 tenths but you'd probly pick more then that on your set up. Do you have a router? if not even just sanding it (1st with rough papaer and then progressively smaller grit) you will see gains. I can't rem if I saw a brace on the inside of your box, but if I rem. rifght you dont, I'd use an allthread on that long baffle then seal it up real good, or better yet use a thin coat of fiberglass on the inside of your box after adding the brace to seal it up and improve bass response. Its a pretty easy job and SOOOO worth it.

Also as far as daily box / middle tuned box your better off using a daily then a middle box. If you want SPL keep your daily tuned box for just that and build yourself an SPL box tuned pretty high. Idealy you'd want to find out yyour cars resonant freq. then tuned it like 2-3 herts lower. Thats a rough number but a good place to start and really testing should be done to decide the exact freq. you want. It wouldn't cost you much esp. if you for go carpeting the comp box which is un needed (it'd be for getting loud not looks right? (-; ) I say this because, again in my humble opinion, you need to decide your goal and stick to it. When you start trying to do 2 things at once you end up doing neither well ie a middle of the road box won't sound that great daily and won't hit that hard on the meter for SPL. now, there's nothing really wrong with using a daily tuned box for this league esp in the amature classes, I have been doing it with GREAT success all season (out of 6 shows 5 1st <4 in a row currently> and one 2nd) but to be really loud on a meter a high spl tuned box is def what you want. Now I don't have any experience with FI other then hearing and knowing they are freakin loud so its possible I am wrong on this but this is a general rule for all the subs I have worked with and don't see why it would'nt pertain to FI subs as well. SSA wizards feel free to tell me I am wrong, is only way I'll learn any better ;-)

Oh ya, you seem to be a fan of cool stickers, did you see the oval NESPL stickers on my car? He sells them for $2, if you like I could pick you up 1 or 2 at this Saturdays event and send it to ya so you don't have to wait till sept to get 'em, let me know if you do you can pm ur addy or email me at willnchips@yahoo.com

Edited by SPLScion

Very nice set up!

I like that Alpine 9886, I've played with one at a local audio shop.

I was thinking about buying that deck.

Are you close to Boston? I'm up there most summer's, it's my home away from home. We might have to meet up next time I'm there.

Can't wait to see what that Sundown 2000D does with that 15" BTL.

:fing34:

So it's been a while... got in the Deka 9A31 and everything. and it's all in and i have a good amount of pics.. just don;t feel like uploading today.

but between work. working on my setup. and football. its hard to find time to take pictures and post an do all that good stuff haha.

anyways everything is about wrapped up FOR NOW :). i dont know how much more i really want to put into this car.. seeing it's only my first.. and i want an SUV by next spring. BAD. trunks sucks mannnn. SPL isn't as good. suvs are much easier to work on and in.

but the BTL is tearing up my car pretty nicely ;) more pics soon! and vids!

wait............ where's my effin rear view mirror?

Mirror1.jpg

oh there it is... on my passenger seat?

Mirror2.jpg

it decided to snap off while i was driving haha.. i have to say it startled me a little....sanpped the plastic in half and it can;t be fixed.. so to the junk yard for me.. maybe i can find a crashed up maxima with a mint rearview :shrug:

Did you finally wire you sub to a 1 ohm load and if so how is the voltage?

Did you finally wire you sub to a 1 ohm load and if so how is the voltage?

yea its finally at 1ohm. the voltage is pretty good.. if i stop and keep it at full blast it dropes to the 12's.. but if i kepp moving i only see drops into the middle 13's. but thats at the front battery. i havent checked the back one yet. which i should and am going to do tomorrow. then i'll give you a better answer haha.

but i have a funny feeling i'm not seeing 2,000 watts.. but i could be. gotta figure it all out soon. have a feeling it's the box.

Edited by mbarber25

made a quick video today since i found the motivation to. so i was really prepared or anything or had any songs picked out but oh well

here it is.. idk how to make the video show in here so here's the link.. if anyone knows how please let me know

Nice keep the vids coming. Your pretty crazy for making vids while your driving tho lol. You should try to play the song you played at the audio werks show, with your door closed, cuz your roof flex was out of control that day.

Nice keep the vids coming. Your pretty crazy for making vids while your driving tho lol. You should try to play the song you played at the audio werks show, with your door closed, cuz your roof flex was out of control that day.

haha thanks

and that's a good idea. thanks

I wanna see the roof flex :popcorn: .

you can see some of it in that video when i play white girl

the windshield was flexing a bit too but the camera sucks so bad that you can't see. my windshield wiper moves a bit too.

damn camera :shrug:

you can see some of it in that video when i play white girl

the windshield was flexing a bit too but the camera sucks so bad that you can't see. my windshield wiper moves a bit too.

damn camera :shrug:

Yeah I seen the wipers jumping up and down on the windshield.

Whats That First Song In THe Last Video You Posted?

Whats That First Song In THe Last Video You Posted?

if i remember correctly since i have no speakers on this school computer..

it was Savage-Ridin' High

i'll correct myself if i was wrong

nice setup! and very clean! and i love the video's!! congrats!! also congrats on 3rd! and nice number 136 (i think you siad up there)

but i got a question for you! have you considered firing the sub into your cab and then sealing it off? I know it is a lot of work! but from my personal experience i spun my box around and fired it into the cab and i was like OMG it is so much louder now lol!

Currently my setup is 1-15inch NS with a SAZ2000 and 2- batcap 2000's (big 3, and stinger voltmeter) check it out!

the only thing i haven't done yet is seal it off lol! and plus i still have my trunk which is the part i love about it!!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

nice setup! and very clean! and i love the video's!! congrats!! also congrats on 3rd! and nice number 136 (i think you siad up there)

but i got a question for you! have you considered firing the sub into your cab and then sealing it off? I know it is a lot of work! but from my personal experience i spun my box around and fired it into the cab and i was like OMG it is so much louder now lol!

Currently my setup is 1-15inch NS with a SAZ2000 and 2- batcap 2000's (big 3, and stinger voltmeter) check it out!

the only thing i haven't done yet is seal it off lol! and plus i still have my trunk which is the part i love about it!!

thanks man! I appreciate it!

but also btw I competed again once I wired down to 1ohm and metered a 142.6 and finished second in a higher class.

and yes I've definately wondered if it'd be louder if I turned it around but it'd be such a pain in the ass to do. so I've never bothered. but I've always heard sub back and port back is louder. but it's probably different for each situation. if you look at some ofthe pictures where I wanted to put the amp at first you can see what the hole to the trunk looks like. it's at an angle so the box would have to be as well to seal it off. and plus. I think the box is wider than the hole.

but now you have me thinking. maybe I could cut the hole and make it bigger and make a type of mdf tunnel... hmmmm

idk I'd have to study up a bit before I'd decide to go through with it. and I'm trying to get a damn suv anyways lol so idk

and o checked out your log. very clean as well! nice work

ya good point where your rear seats fold down there isn't much room for anything lol.

but ya the way i look at it is when you have your setup firing towards the trunk there is a little loading area and the sound has to travel from ALL the way from the back to the front and with in that traveling distance you will loose some db, but firing it forward you have less to travel plus if you SEAL it off you will get no bass cancellation (due to it being deal) as for a quick way to seal it without having to make a angled box jsut simple use that foam stuff in the holes then toss some carpet on it to hide it all!

check out what my buddy did!

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421848

notice the last pic on the first page you can see the foam a bit!

and with his single 15(mag v3 last setup on the first page) sealed and firing forward that was his loudest setup todate and that was only getting 1200rms! and i swear he does 146DB like comon 1200rms lool!!

Edited by CrazyKenKid