mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

Damn sorry for you bro.

At least a recone wont set you back too much.

Have you reconed a sub before?

haha, thanks guys.

Damn sorry for you bro.

At least a recone wont set you back too much.

Have you reconed a sub before?

no but i've been studying up a lot on it.. i think i'll get it done.

I've never done it but I know a few who have and they say it's not really hard to do, you just have to be careful and watch what you're doing.

Good luck on it man and take pics if you can!

RIP

Fi sub...

It's not going to be R.I.P it's going to be reborn again...... :drink40:

I've never done it but I know a few who have and they say it's not really hard to do, you just have to be careful and watch what you're doing.

Good luck on it man and take pics if you can!

i'll definately take my time.. and i'll be taking pics each step. and thanks man. :drink40:

RIP

Fi sub...

It's not going to be R.I.P it's going to be reborn again...... :drink40:

lol, The Resurrection.

Sorry about all the bad news, good luck with the recone and cant wait till your bumping again :drink40:

Sorry about all the bad news, good luck with the recone and cant wait till your bumping again :drink40:

thanks, might be bumpin' tonight off two old school rockford 10s :P

so the tens i got were weak, but i took pictures of it all.. i'm already upgraded to one rockford 12" P2 in this same box. i just made a new face plate like you see for the tens... it actually sounds good and hits. i'll have pics of that tomorrow.

this is an old an box a single kicker 10" L5

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

went and bought this

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

this is the 12" that's in that box. actual pics tmm.

P212Dx_3_s.jpg

:P did this earlier

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

wasn't able to get alll the old epoxy out in the crease but it's definately good enough (i only had a square sander :shrug:)

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

recone kit will be here today as long as UPS doesn't fuck up :)

Nice and clean :D

as much as i love it... car audio and what comes with it is pushing me to the verge of insanity. and i really just want to be done with it all.

the fuckin BTL isn't working right... and my trunk thats been broken for a while is now really fucked up... it will NOT open and my box and amp are stuck inside so while i'm trying to solve that problem i can't even see whats wrong with the sub...

last night i was out breaking it in and i was pushing it pretty hard for like 15 seconds and it cut out... so i checked everything and it was fine and after turning off the deck and putting it back on the bass was back.. but once i turn the volume up to a certain level again it just cuts out. i did hear some abnormal sounds from the woofer which sounded like coil rub but idk........ i'm really just lost in a big pile of BULLSHIT

so i just pushed up on the cone and the spider detached... so the epoxy must not have cured all the way.. go fuckin figure. and that must be the reasoning behind the coil rub... i also just got rid of the dust cap as well... so idk whether to put some shims in and just throw some more epoxy in there or if the whole shit is fucked up.. any help would be great..

Yup, shim it and sand the spider landing and where the spider connects to it, then reglue, put pressure on it, and wait 24 hours.

Damn dude you've been gettin the short end of the car audio stick. Sorry to hear about all this [bull]shit but it's all in the game!! Shit happens then you say fuck it and keep goin!

Damn dude you've been gettin the short end of the car audio stick. Sorry to hear about all this [bull]shit but it's all in the game!! Shit happens then you say fuck it and keep goin!

haha really, thanks man.

i finally got around to re-gluing the spider.. i haven't even bothered doing it since my trunk has been stuck shut since the day the woofer broke again... haha that was a very aggrivating day....

but the trunk is still stuck shut with my box, amp, and battery stuck inside.....but i am going to get it checked out today so it can finally be fixed.. hopefully today or by mid next week. oh and i just ordered the new dustcap from fixmyspeaker :)

bass again soon :woot:

box project is on hold for a good time.

my BTL fuckin blew today....

yeah i was thinking how does this guys sub hit so hard with just one battery and car off.. well you are probably noob and you turned your bass knob all the way up.. didnt ya NOOB?

yeah i was thinking how does this guys sub hit so hard with just one battery and car off.. well you are probably noob and you turned your bass knob all the way up.. didnt ya NOOB?

actually all bass was at 0 JACKASS.

and just by reading what you said its pretty obvious that you're the NOOB.

Lol I don't think he would use bass boost he isn't dumb plus when he sinks that much money I an sure he looked into how to do everything and set it all up good

Lol I don't think he would use bass boost he isn't dumb plus when he sinks that much money I an sure he looked into how to do everything and set it all up good

thhhhhhank you

....somebody with some COMMON SENSE

if you are coming onto someone elses thread and saying this type of shit. PLEASE leave :tool:

if you are coming onto someone elses thread and saying this type of shit. PLEASE leave :tool:

go to his profile and look at his posts... they're all him talkin' shit... class A forum hater.

i bet it won't be long until he takes a vacation