mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

box project is on hold for a good time.

my BTL fuckin blew today....

yeah i was thinking how does this guys sub hit so hard with just one battery and car off.. well you are probably noob and you turned your bass knob all the way up.. didnt ya NOOB?

if you are coming onto someone elses thread and saying this type of shit. PLEASE leave :tool:

go to his profile and look at his posts... they're all him talkin' shit... class A forum hater.

i bet it won't be long until he takes a vacation

A permenent one. This guy trys to shit on everyone, like his system is the biggest and baddest here. Lol.

Let's get back on topic gentlemen.

OP: How did the re-glue go?

Let's get back on topic gentlemen.

OP: How did the re-glue go?

went well.. I have more weight on than last time and this time it'll actually have more than plenty of time to cure since the trunk probably won't be fixed until next week.

bringing back the old hobbies.. ha this one looked a lot better in person. :shrug:

IMG_1099.jpg

weight

IMG_1114.jpg

plus some more.... that crate has some good weight to it.

IMG_1113.jpg

I havent been fishing in so long, cant wait till I get a chance to go again. Its about time to be some new gear as well. Good luck with this round of the recone and happy bumping in the future. :drink40:

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK

finally got the trunk opened... then i hooked everything bak up... and the amp keeps going into protection!! it turns off as soon as it hits volume 15.. i've already done some trouble shooting and so far everything i could think of checked out... any ideas people?

What is the resistance what is the input voltage how are the sub tinsel leads any shorts also at volume 15 what is the resistance of the sub

What is the resistance what is the input voltage how are the sub tinsel leads any shorts also at volume 15 what is the resistance of the sub

ill have to check tomorrow

Bro, I know it's been a while and I kinda dropped off the face of the planet for a few months but you need to call me! You still got my number? I have solutions to all of your problems in the last few pages. I'll pm you my digits right now just in case you lost it (I lost yours and almost everyone elses when I lost my phone a little bit ago).

-Bill

i thought it could be an issue with your tinsel leads... like when the sub hits the tinsel leads short out on each other?

lol i don't know i just tossing an idea at you. but let us know when you find out!

okay so i just played with it and everything thing is fine.. the amp works again.

BUT

more subwoofer problems; the bottom of the cone is slapping the spider BAD because it is sunk down a little. (the sag to the cone starts at the point where the rim of the dustcap is/would be) areas of the cone where the dustcap was glued to before came off a little so it was noticeably weaker.

the noise from it starts at about half volume and is RIDICULOUS when at full blast.... so i find myself once again needing to recone my BTL.........

i'm contimplating going with one 15" XCON... i really wish i could get my hands on the new icons for a dual 12" setup

any suggestions and/or ideas on what i should go with?

i'm just going to go with another recone since it'll be cheaper and i actually know how to do it right.

these came today.. ten 1/0 terminals from darvex

IMG_1121.jpg

oh and that's my new baby :) 17" pro

IMG_1123.jpg

I see two computers :P

Nevermind, nice ninja edit :)

Nice laptop as for the sub just sell the motor to me and then get the xcon sub!!!

Nice laptop as for the sub just sell the motor to me and then get the xcon sub!!!

gunna have to pass

10 ft. of each

IMG_1131.jpg

thick

IMG_1133.jpg

the dustcap i don't need and the knife i bought today

IMG_1132.jpg

What you got planned over there with the wire and what not? Sweet knife :drink40:

What you got planned over there with the wire and what not? Sweet knife :drink40:

thanks... but i wish i could say i was adding more power or something but i'm not :shrug:

just rewiring everything in the trunk, adding grounds, making it look prettier, blah blah nothing special

recone kit will be here monday. then waiting atleast 48 hours to bump.. wish me luck. :drink40:

should i use spring clamps on both the spider and surround, or just the spider? and if it is just the spider should just use can of paint or something as the weight for the surround?