sundownz

X8 Prototype Teaser Pics

Pictures from the factory :

010.jpg

016.jpg

I will be going with a rubber gasket for production.

Hoping to have this prototype soon... it's been delayed a few times.

by the end of the year, will be available?

or think that now we want 2010?

seem really well made

Looks good jake wouldn't mind trying one of those little things out.

by the end of the year, will be available?

or think that now we want 2010?

seem really well made

I am not sure about this year -- probably 2010 or the end of 2009 at the earliest

Looks like a nice beefy 8". Looking forward to the testing results!

Lookin Good. Makes me wish I had a need for an 8 :)

It's cute. :lol:

im still waiting for an 8 that can handle 600 watts - 750 watts with a nice amount of xmax.

this looks interesting and could quite honestly be close to what im looking for.

t-minus 7 months till the new car and new system

Looks like it is a big coil 2 inch or so? Also see a bumped backplate for excursion. Same cone/surround as e8? Looks like same mag diameter as e8 as well. Yummy overall, I hope it excels in a sealed environment

wow thats nice, id like a 6.5'' aswell to use for my front stage

T/S parameters Jake? Enclosure sizes?

Let's see here Jacob, you have an E8" to go with the SAE amplifier series, now an X8" to go with the SAX amplifier series, will there be a badass Z8" to go with the SAZ series amps?

Looks like it is a big coil 2 inch or so? Also see a bumped backplate for excursion. Same cone/surround as e8? Looks like same mag diameter as e8 as well. Yummy overall, I hope it excels in a sealed environment

2.5" coil and motor is bigger in OD -- cone and surround are a bit different as well.

Let's see here Jacob, you have an E8" to go with the SAE amplifier series, now an X8" to go with the SAX amplifier series, will there be a badass Z8" to go with the SAZ series amps?

We quit making the E8 -- this will be our smallest 8" for a while. But I am going to start on a bigger one AFTER these are full production and available to customers.

T/S aren't released yet.

We quit making the E8 -- this will be our smallest 8" for a while. But I am going to start on a bigger one AFTER these are full production and available to customers.

T/S aren't released yet.

8's are awesome in a good box, can be very loud and they fit anywhere. I thought this one looked like a bigger diameter motor than the last. I really liked my E8 while it lasted. I always figured I would "burn" it up, putting 2-3 times rated power into it, but NOPE, never burned, but blew the surround out of it all the way around, I guess it was stretching so much that it finally tore. I hope this one uses a tougher surround to tear up, I am sure the rest of it wil lbe indestructable, minus burning the tinsel leads in half anyway...

Apparently my sample went for a trip in Europe, silly shipping companies... but it should be on it's way to me now.

Any guesstimate on power handling

Also, coil options?