JazzScreamer

Precision Port in AA Cabinet

Still working on my AA Arbiter and needed help with my Precision Port tubes. The enclosure plans call for a 3" diameter and 5" length port. The enclosure is a 1.0 cu.ft. I have two questions.....

1. What is the tuning freq. of the enclosure

2. Are the dimensions for the port specifically for a Precision Port or is this for your regular 3" tube at 5" length.

Reason I ask is because the Precision Port directions have different direction for tuning. I guess this is because of the flare on both sides.

I really need some help with this. AA experts I need you.

Thanks,

Bob

Still working on my AA Arbiter and needed help with my Precision Port tubes. The enclosure plans call for a 3" diameter and 5" length port. The enclosure is a 1.0 cu.ft. I have two questions.....

2. Are the dimensions for the port specifically for a Precision Port or is this for your regular 3" tube at 5" length.

Reason I ask is because the Precision Port directions have different direction for tuning. I guess this is because of the flare on both sides.

Thanks,

Bob

5" Length?

That would give you over a 50 Hz tune...

Try this website for a Flared Port Calculator.

PSP-Inc.

Thanks,

Bob

5" Length?

That would give you over a 50 Hz tune...

Try this website for a Flared Port Calculator.

PSP-Inc.

Yes 5" . This is for a MTM setup. I'm sure it's in the 50hz somewhere. If I knew the original tuning Freq of this design, then I can figure out the length of the port. I just want to know if the enclosure diagram is specifically for the PP or just a generic PVC port.

For a precision port you need to add 1" to what is calculated from a regular non-flared port

It'll be pretty close with the 1" approximation and luckily the crossover isn't affected by what you do on the bottom end. If you are within a few Hz it should be fine.

It'll be pretty close with the 1" approximation and luckily the crossover isn't affected by what you do on the bottom end. If you are within a few Hz it should be fine.

I modeled the different lengths of the port. Give or take an inch, and it only made a difference of a few hz.