Sign in to follow this  
chinny

What do you think?

Alright, ive though it over and over and eveytime i take a bubble bath i think of this. Ive decided to save up a little more and get and wild system, something that will be ground shaking and make leaves fall off trees. Heres what i will buy.

(1) Orion 2500D (2500x1 @ 1Ohm) Buying from HCCAfan.

(2) SoundSplinter RL-p 15"

And i will port them, i dont care if i lose all of my trunk space, i love bass. Why do i need a trunk besides to put subs in there?

I was wondering if these subs will be safe with 1250wRMS for a daily drive. Im asking because its better to be safe that sorry.

Alright, ive though it over and over and eveytime i take a bubble bath i think of this. Ive decided to save up a little more and get and wild system, something that will be ground shaking and make leaves fall off trees. Heres what i will buy.

(1) Orion 2500D (2500x1 @ 1Ohm) Buying from HCCAfan.

(2) SoundSplinter RL-p 15"

And i will port them, i dont care if i lose all of my trunk space, i love bass. Why do i need a trunk besides to put subs in there?

I was wondering if these subs will be safe with 1250wRMS for a daily drive. Im asking because its better to be safe that sorry.

I think with a ported setup and that much power, I have a strong feeling those subs can't take 1250w on a daily basis ... maybe sealed, but definetly not ported. Still looking at blowing the subs even in a sealed enclosure. IMO, if you want to use that Orion amp, just bite the bullet and wait for the RL-s subs or get a different amp.

I though of that lol, maybe ill try sealed.

If your the responsible type then set it up with a VM and you'll be cool, if your irresponsible then don't bother as you'll end up pushin her too far.

Even using a DMM, I would not risk it. O-Scope and impedance rise measurements are the only way to tell that it will be ok.

Either way, I am not recommending it unless you know forsure what you are doing.

then i will have t look for another amp, maybe around 850-900 rms for each

If your the responsible type then set it up with a VM and you'll be cool, if your irresponsible then don't bother as you'll end up pushin her too far.

[NO].

Orion amps do NOT like rca voltage over 5vrms or so.

You crank that volume knob up (even with the gain at ZERO) and You will send a full 2500rms to the woofers. Trust me, I can't bring my deck past 34 (Pioneer 860mp 6.5v pre-amp). That is with the gain at ZERO, and the deck on a relatively flat EQ setting (for sub-range).

Bigger subs or smaller amps.

Imp. rise will help You some... but prolly not enough.

Yeah, i tough if that. I dont know, my budget is $500 and i want atleast 1800wrms for both of them.

um try a bandpass box.....at least u can put 2500 to it

i know folks dont like bandpass boxes but i just happen 2 be a pro at designing them and making them sound good

um try a bandpass box.....at least u can put 2500 to it

i know folks dont like bandpass boxes but i just happen 2 be a pro at designing them and making them sound good

They don't like them mainly because the market is dominated by pre-made unknown tuning frequency pieces of crap.

bandpass is gh3y, im not a fan of them. i might be goind for a memphis mcd-1500 idk or a hifonics bx2005D or a cadence z7000

BP > alot if the time is taken to do it right... very few folks do, that's all. :)

chinny - You want 900rms each? That's doable. Pick up a 2kw amp that lists a higher input voltage range. :)

Yeah, the HiFonics BX2005D does 2000x1 at 1ohm... but idk about hifonics, its like a hit or miss. Again my budget is $500

i know eric is giving his 15 around 1400-1500 with an nine.1, i wanna see what he has to say or even mike.

i know eric is giving his 15 around 1400-1500 with an nine.1, i wanna see what he has to say or even mike.

Chinny, Eric is sending his 15 rl-p only 900w @ 2ohms, not at 1ohm.

I'll tell you this: Recones are 50% of the purchase price + two-way shipping ;)

Seroiusly though, no need for 1250 on a ported RL-p. I wouldn't risk it. I mean hell, unless you're planning on doing competitions or something, you can still go deaf with a "modest" 500 watts on a ported RL-p. :ugh2:

I'd shoot for 750-800 watts per ported RL-p imho.

750-1000 if you're doing sealed.

Make sure you contact me before you start building your enclosure.

With the amount of power it sounds like you'll be using, you'll want to make sure your enclosure is spot on.

Yeah, i spoke to eric and he said i should be fine as long as my gains are set correct on t he spot, also, i though of goind sealed, but i might not even get that amp anymore since i dont want to risk it.

Im going to look into a HiFonics Generation XX Hercules that will do 2000x1 @ 1ohm rated at 13.8V, i can get it in the low $500 maybe cheaper. Then seal the 2 15's

chinny, brotha! do u really want to spend $600 on a amp?

i really don't know how much u ACTUALLY got saved up or can save up or how much u have right now or nor do i want to insult your intellegence but you really don't need to spend $600 on a amp if you still got "save" up your pennies...

get either a opti1400d for ported or 2000d for sealed...

they are like $350 and have a 3 year warrantee too...

i guess u can get the nine.1 also for 2 of them...

but honestly bro, if you don't have $600 for the amp + $550 for the subs, don't do dream about something you really can't afford...

not trying to diss you in any way, i'm just saying know your budget...spend accordingly...if you are going to eat ramen for the next year to do it, more power to ya...

if you really do have all this money...greattt go for it...

ok hold the phone,

chinny, I know your getting a lot of different responces and ideas, listen to Mike, you don't need that much power on them and to be honest your really not going to hear that much of a difference under normal daily listening levels, unless you enjoy driving around with your roof rippiling,

if you want to stay Orion, and woudl prefer to go through HCCAfan, great seller, I have picked up a lot of equipment through him, then look at the Orion 1200D,

the 1200D will do close to 1400 watts as long as your feeding it clean power, fairly efficent amp that has great potential ;)

if nto look at the KX 1200.1 from kicker, another excellent choice for your possible set up, either way they are going to both provide more than enough power for your needs, when you get up much farther than that (power wise) you really are only going to notice a difference on the meter,

Cadence A7HC is also a very capable amp for your application, small footprint too,

but anyway I would choose the Orion first, through HCCAfan it is hard to beat for quality power and features, oh yeah a warrenty too

werd, hccafan / shane is the man. :)

1200D prices are up though... $350 iirc. But BNIB from the factory w/1year authorized warranty.

thats is alot of power for daily driving

if going ported though make sure you tune low, arount 28 id say, you wouldnt want it coming off loading with all that power, the box is going to be the key if wanting to use that much power, but longterm not sure how much abuse the coils would stand up to

make sure you get it scoped to

id still stick to around 750wrms as recomended

chinny, brotha! do u really want to spend $600 on a amp?

i really don't know how much u ACTUALLY got saved up or can save up or how much u have right now or nor do i want to insult your intellegence but you really don't need to spend $600 on a amp if you still got "save" up your pennies...

get either a opti1400d for ported or 2000d for sealed...

they are like $350 and have a 3 year warrantee too...

i guess u can get the nine.1 also for 2 of them...

but honestly bro, if you don't have $600 for the amp + $550 for the subs, don't do dream about something you really can't afford...

not trying to diss you in any way, i'm just saying know your budget...spend accordingly...if you are going to eat ramen for the next year to do it, more power to ya...

if you really do have all this money...greattt go for it...

Sorry but lanzar is in my bad list, no way im going with that, plus, im not going to be spending all that money, my girlffriend is buying me the new amp since its our anniversary. btw, the amp is not $600, trust me i wouldnt do it, but for $500 yes, and thats what it costs.

Denim, i know what your saying, but in order to get the 1200D to bring out atleast 1400wRMS i will need a new alternator, my pos 80a alt wont even give it 12volts steady, i know it for a fact, plus she things the hifonics is cute, and since shes a disney lover, she says shes getting me the hercules.

Barnie, i will use a dmm to set the gain properly and it will be sealed, i think 2 15's will take 1kwrms.

Plus, wont impendance rise help me a bit :P

Do you even know what impedance rise is?

Really, you're not experienced enough to be playing the limits like that, and a DMM isn't going to help you overcome this.