Sign in to follow this  
shadowslayer666

187!!!!

Looking good, keep the pictures coming. :)

finally had time to continue to work on my box. Just a note i still have to cut the port, i just put it in the pic to get an idea of how it looked

SSPX0326.jpg

SSPX0327.jpg

SSPX0328.jpg

SSPX0329.jpg

Your port opening is too close to the front wall. You need it to be the at least the width of your port away from the wall.

haha not a problem. I actually got the port cut down and put a curved piece in the corner of the port to help the air move better. Hopefully ill get this box done this weekend and have some pics of it in my car for you guys!! Prob no videos though all i got is the crappy one in my phone that sucks.

finally got my everything done... it just took a while here are the final pics of it all installed... just gotta hide some of the wire still, its kinda messy

SSPX0344.jpg

SSPX0345.jpg

SSPX0346.jpg

SSPX0347.jpg

SSPX0348.jpg

Edited by shadowslayer666

Review, NAO!

Looks nice man, I can't wait to get my second one in. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon though, trying to move.....

Kef

ok review. They are great subs. I couldn't be happier with them. They hit really hard especially in the 30 to 60 hz range, but they seem to be lacking a bit in the 70 to 80.

It could just be because i was used to my old subs which were in a sealed box way to small so they were more like midbass drivers.

They seem very sturdy and well built, especially for them being 300 watts.

They sound really tight even in a ported box and im very happy with that. ( my friend has some infinity kappas in a ported box and it sounds like shit. its all muddy)

And as a last note i cant even turn them up all the way in my car because it physically hurts my ears, and it feels like my hair is vibrating, so they are pretty damn loud...and thats not a bad thing ;)

Oh and one bad thing about them...they really know how to bring the rattles out in a car lol.

ok review. They are great subs. I couldn't be happier with them. They hit really hard especially in the 30 to 60 hz range, but they seem to be lacking a bit in the 70 to 80.

It could just be because i was used to my old subs which were in a sealed box way to small so they were more like midbass drivers.

They seem very sturdy and well built, especially for them being 300 watts.

They sound really tight even in a ported box and im very happy with that. ( my friend has some infinity kappas in a ported box and it sounds like shit. its all muddy)

And as a last note i cant even turn them up all the way in my car because it physically hurts my ears, and it feels like my hair is vibrating, so they are pretty damn loud...and thats not a bad thing ;)

Oh and one bad thing about them...they really know how to bring the rattles out in a car lol.

I know the rattles thing all too well. My rear deck and rearview mirror hate me.

I'd say that your upper end is the result of the box, because sealed, I have no problems from subsonic up to the crossover point @ 100hz.

I love my IA :)

Kef

finally got my everything done... it just took a while here are the final pics of it all installed... just gotta hide some of the wire still, its kinda messy

SSPX0344.jpg

SSPX0345.jpg

SSPX0346.jpg

SSPX0347.jpg

SSPX0348.jpg

nice nice

i saw a JL W7 video on youtube and the guy cut a hole behind the fold down arm rest in the rear seats and put his port there. it seems to work.

the only video camera i have is the one on my phone...which im assuming is shit, but i can try to get one for you guys. Just dont be expecting to much

watching, waiting on ours, guessing first of the week. looking good.

yeh i got 2 12s 187 siting here . might put them in my work truck how do they sound

They sound really good. They get nice and low and play some of the higher bass as well. It tappers off in the 70 to 80 hz range a bit. A lot of output from these subs. I cant even turn them up all the way because they hurt my hears. Im going to say 125 + db. My hair feels like it starts to vibrate. The only bad thing is they make my car rattle so much (my rear deck really hates me now)

All in all i couldnt be happier with my new subs. They are even more than i expected. Really good product from IA