dr_hypothesis

Wall for 2 BTL 18s and a Cactus 5kw

I'm looking to redo my wall for my BTL 18s. I'm currently using a Cactus 5kw, running it at .7. My electrical consists of a 200amp alt, XS d3400 under the hood and a d3100 in the trunk. I'll be adding a second d3100 during the rebuild of the wall.

How big would you guys go for the amount of power I'm using? My current wall is 14 cubes (after displacement), 35hz tune, with 192" of port. The design was bad, hence why I'm redoing it. It's only doing a 151.5 at the headrest with the passenger door wide open. The way I have the port and subs I'm having some phase issues and I think I can get much louder then I am. This is just for daily driving with some competing on the side. I do MECA right now as it's the only comp org around these parts. Here's a pic of the current wall, the port is on the passenger side (this was before it was all the way sealed up, didn't know this design would be bad):

wallof18s.jpg

wallshot.jpg

With the rebuild I'll be doing the port across the top, so that should take care of most of my issues I hope. I was thinking of staying with 14 cubes, 35 or 34hz tune and bumping the port area up to about 240". Just trying to get a super loud daily driver with some tremendous low end. It does bang now, but I know it should be louder. Any suggestions?

what class?

MX1 or 2?

That must Thump

x2

What do you mean only 151dB?

well, i'm only doin a 152.19 with 4 15s and 7kw of amps... i believe i'm lackin.

I would add though that i'm gettin less than 1300w of power out of each 3500w amp so that might make up some of the reason but i'm still not no where near done workin on it yet.

Back on topic-

Dan Rydewski does over 154dbs with 2 18s and a 5000w amp at 36hz so u got a ways...

He has his port on the driver side, port area unknown but nothing astronomical.

He has his entire enclosure rhinolined inside and out as well.

I'm in Modified 5. Could go lower, but I'm unfused in the back at the amp right now. I also do the drive-by spl. My peak frequency right now is 39hz. It's a solid 150 at 35 to 40hz.

Edited by dr_hypothesis

so i DO have hope!

Someone on here told me if i went to MECA with my wall i'd me forced to be in minimum of MX1. I wanted modified 3 or 4 and it looks like i still got a chance, :)

After i seal my wall up this week, starting next week til the end of august, if u got that long, i'll be testing with some other local teams in my area in regards to gettin this setup hella-loud so it will benefit both of us with walls.

PM me if we lose contact in the future.

I'll be redoing mine first or second week of august I think. Gotta schedule a week of vacation time right before school starts and get it done. I'm usually on Termpro the most, same name as here. Pretty sure I've seen you on there. Steve Stern was running the show we had up here May 31st, so he judged my car and it's M5. Might fuse in the future and see if I can go to lower class. I did a 124.7 in drive-by spl at the last show. That's with both windows down. I was told to have the driver's window up and passenger's side down to direct all the air at the mic. Is this usually louder?

Was just looking at your equipment list. Very nice. I have ID 6.5 Chameleons up front. Going to be adding a second set and try to do some door panels. Haven't touched fiberglass in a long time. And oddly enough I was looking at getting a Sundown 100.4 for power.

I was using a Memphis 4kw, but just got the Cactus 5kw. I haven't been metered with the Cactus yet. Waiting for the local shop to get their new Termlab in. I can test there whenever I want, depending if their not busy of course. I've been very impressed with the Cactus.