i need to wire my sub at 2 ohms. the blue line on the right that goes from 1 of the positive's, to 1 of the negative's, is that 1 piece of speaker wire or is it both that i twist together and put in the terminal? like speaker wire has a positive and negative, do i separate it and only use one side, or do i twist together and just use both? hopefully my questions makes sense. thanks guys.

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Edited by casedawg350

i need to wire my sub at 2 ohms. the blue line on the right that goes from 1 of the positive's, to 1 of the negative's, is that 1 piece of speaker wire or is it both that i twist together and put in the terminal? like speaker wire has a positive and negative, do i separate it and only use one side, or do i twist together and just use both? hopefully my questions makes sense. thanks guys.

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

A single piece would be fine cause it is a shot distance so a small wire can handle alot more power. i have a single piece of 12 Awg on my and it is fine.

How much power are u giving the sub and what AWG do u plan on using??

alright thanks for the quick reply! i have a kicker 750.1 and 4awg Knu wire.

i wouldn't use anything smaller than 16AWG speaker wire. 2 feet of 16 Awg can handle about 1300 watts

Edited by sqjeep

i wouldn't use anything smaller than 16AWG speaker wire. 2 feet of 16 Awg can handle about 1300 watts

i have 12awg Stinger speaker cable. ;)

well then your good to go

sweet. thanks! 1 more question, i DO NOT want the speaker wire sticking out the other side of the push terminal right? or does it matter?

naw it really doesnt matter but make sure its not to short that it can easily slip out, so maybe just coming out the other end a little bit to be on the safe side

Edited by jay-cee

alright. its just barely out the other side, not in the way of touching the basket or the other wire. thanks guys!