I have been shopping around for new subs for a long time now, switching back and fourth from all kinds of speakers, but in this forum, EVERYONE seems to be happy with soundsplinter. i can't believe it noone has NOTHING bad to say about these subs, which say a lot about the product. i'm looking for decent sq, but really high spl, and from what i've read on the forums on both here and on sounddomain.com, these sound like the speakers that would match my wants. i still want to know a little more, though...

to me it sounds almost too good to be true. the subs were compared to re xxx's on sounddomain and a few people said that these subs are about what and what (the 15's), but the xxx's are w a y more expensive! this sub seems almost too good to be true.... is it a good daily driver? if i would get anything it'd be 2 12's in a ported box with a brutus 1500. i know it's long, but there isnt anyone here that seems snobby or won't be happy to help a newbie out!

thanks

as good as the subs sound, the best part is Mike... best costumer service EVAR!

2 12s off a BX1500D would pound btw

Welcome to the forum :)

2 Rl-p 12's would be great for daily driving.

Its a great choice all you need to do is make it ;)

as good as the subs sound, the best part is Mike... best costumer service EVAR!

2 12s off a BX1500D would pound btw

Yeah, that's something else i've heard, the customer service is really good too! that's also really important. I'm just a little scared to spend the cash on these "mystery" subs, though. All i'm going by is what other people have to say, and i don't know if it's what i'm looking for yet. I used to have two l7's in a sealed box in my xtended cab silverado and i was happy with that.. i was thinking L7 12's ported would be nice, but i've seen some ss pron that just blew me away!! those subs poke pretty far out there... these subs would be the cheaper buy from the l7's, but i'd really like to know more about the ss's performance you know

Indeed - welcome to the forums Derek!

Your thread has brought a smile to this man's face! grin2.gif

Now I'm not going to tell you that our woofers are definitively better than the XXX's or any other woofer for that matter - for in my opinion, there is no definite answer to be had. I will say however, that given the amplifier you plan to run, and your desire for great sound coupled with the ability to get loud enough to be uncomfortable wink2.gif, two ported RL-p12's should fit the bill no problem!

I'm currently on leave in Oregon (for some mother's day festivities and family visits with my sisters, nieces, and nephews heart.gif), so it may take me a bit longer than usual to get back to you - but feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions about your system or just want to shoot the shyte B)

FYI, I'll be back in town on Wednesday. Here's hopin' for a great week! :foshizzle:

lol, sweet!

yea i've been keeping up with all of the forums here and just reading up on what other people had to say on them, I noticed mike likes to keep up in the forums himself, which I think is pretty cool!

but yea, that's exactly what i'm looking for - "bass so loud it rattles my nutts!" (on the main page) :D:D and if Mike's 2 12's can make my dream come true, then i'd be happy to rep SS!! lol

I also looked up the group buy.. has that ended yet?

May 15th...contact mike before then

:faintthud: Chit... a little early for me... but that's fine

another thing i'd like to know about is the price range. it seems fairly reasonable for a good LSQ woofer, but a big chip of income from a local lifeguard haha. $7/h isn't going to get me the cash untill probably late july. i'm hoping the price won't shoot up in the summer like the local audio shops do...

i doubt it...Mike as made mention that his builder (tcsounds) has upped the cost a bit, bu ti believe he has already adjusted his pricing.

as to the performance, i can assure u the rl-p will run with just about anything twice it's price. i've personally put the rl-p head to head with a xxx, the rl-p is still in the car, the xxx was sold.

both are very clean sounding subs, both are capable of getting very loud. the rl-p got lower in the sealed box.

also, u can't beat mike. well, maybe with a stick, but not his customer service.

give him a shout, and don't worry about the subs. they'll do what they are supposed too. and then some.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the group buy is for dual 2's. that will give you a final load of .5ohm :( you'll need to get the dual 4's, for a final load of 1 ohm. and yes the RL-p's will rattle nuts!

if u just want load @ss bass to shake your nuts, then there are alot of OTHER choices out there...

but if you want something that will shake your nuts AND sound just unf#ckingbeliveable, daym accurate and smooth, then the rlp is for you! no doubt bout it....

u could always see if AA has any subs left.

all this talk of comparing it with the XXX is making me wonder

why is it compared when the power class is nearer the RE.SE range how does it compare to that

the xxx also uses bl technology (XBL) i belive so how does it come compare

i thinks its a little unfair comparing these 2

but if people say its better then sod it compare away

whats the price comparison in $ cof the re'sould sombody let me know, i know how much they are over here but hard to caompare uk and us prices

i hope to be ordering a a few in the summer around 4 or 5 so i cant wait

why is it compared when the power class is nearer the RE.SE range how does it compare to that

the  xxx also uses bl technology (XBL) i belive so how does it come compare

i thinks its a little unfair comparing these 2

but if people say its better then sod it compare away

whats the price comparison in $ cof the re'sould sombody let me know, i know how much they are over here but hard to caompare uk and us prices

i hope to be ordering a a few in the summer around 4 or 5 so i cant wait

hmmm...lol....

power rating means what? in all honesty, it's just a guide, nothing more, to the thermal handling of the VC. does one with a higher rating necessarly mean a better sub? if so, then visionik, pyrimid and legacy have some of the best subs on the market.

teh xbl^2 vs the underhung is where it's at. and how the subs perform. they are indeed quite close. like i've said before, the rl-p was just as clean,just as responsive, kept up in the spl department and in teh sealed box, was able to get quite a bit lower.

what is the determining factor is this, ur application. more then 1200wrms and all the roomin the world, money not a problem get the xxx.

up to 1200wrms and very little room. and u've got a realistic budget..get the rl-p, u won't be sacrificing anything (maybe a db or so)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hmmm...lol....

power rating means what? in all honesty, it's just a guide, nothing more, to the thermal handling of the VC. does one with a higher rating necessarly mean a better sub? if so, then visionik, pyrimid and legacy have some of the best subs on the market.

teh xbl^2 vs the underhung is where it's at. and how the subs perform. they are indeed quite close. like i've said before, the rl-p was just as clean,just as responsive, kept up in the spl department and in teh sealed box, was able to get quite a bit lower.

what is the determining factor is this, ur application. more then 1200wrms and all the roomin the world, money not a problem get the xxx.

up to 1200wrms and very little room. and u've got a realistic budget..get the rl-p, u won't be sacrificing anything (maybe a db or so)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

cheers just trying to clear up the diffrences

i just though in a like for like world the se would have been a better comparison, even though output is compared with a xxx

98% of subs on the uk market come from the US (we wont include the el cheapo subs on ebay that come from china) so just trying to get a clear comparision

out of interest how much do you guys pay for a xxx over there

Not shure about a XXX but older brahmas were 350 for a 12 and 439 for a 15.

RE's are a bit mroe

You can get 2 RL-p 15's with that and be louder and better SQ.

I think mrray compared the RL-p to a XXX simply because that is what he had available . Yes a SX would be a better match-up, especially when considering how much more power a XXX can take but you gotta remember mrray did not get paid nor did anyone up the equipment for his comparisson.

I think the rl-p will have better sq than the sx, and as for power, they would be equal.

I think the rl-p will have better sq than the sx, and as for power, they would be equal.

How do you know? You have never even touched either of them.

www.realofexcrusion.com for now kthx

www.realofexcrusion.com for now kthx

i tink its a little just a little different comparing subs spl/sq on movies than in real life...