Sign in to follow this  
MIKE W

how to tune a box 32 hrz?

i should be getting a 18 btl any day now so i built a box for it i have somewhere around 6 to 7 cubic feet not including the ports iam wondering how to get the box tuned at 32 to 35 hertz is it the cubic feet for which the box is made or is it from the amp and cd deck ?? any help would be usefull thanks yall

Tuning frequency is a function of box volume, port area, and port length. So once you know what volume you want the box to be, add the port to it to get it tuned to what frequency you want (must add port and sub volume displacement to the overall size of the box). You can use the port calculator on this site to help you out, or I use winISD.

i should be getting a 18 btl any day now so i built a box for it i have somewhere around 6 to 7 cubic feet not including the ports iam wondering how to get the box tuned at 32 to 35 hertz is it the cubic feet for which the box is made or is it from the amp and cd deck ?? any help would be usefull thanks yall

just focus on making one topic for your same stories so we can better help you, im trying to answer your question in the other topic about boxes so go out and measure it correctly.

Sign in to follow this