Sign in to follow this  
MIKE W

better explaintory on box 18

ok i built a box the length is 31 inch's with is 21 inch's hight is 17 inch's now i have 1 port comming off each side of of the outer 31 inch walls they are 3by21by22 one port on each side of the outer walls of the 31 inch's iam trying to find what cubic feet i have and what is my box tuned at on hurtz ?? any help would be verry helpfull i dident no i could get so stressed on a speaker box!18 fi btl iswhat i have

Edited by GOTEM

ok i built a box the length is 31 inch's with is 21 inch's hight is 17 inch's now i have 1 port comming off each side of of the outer 31 inch walls they are 3by21by22 one port on each side of the outer walls of the 31 inch's iam trying to find what cubic feet i have and what is my box tuned at on hurtz ?? any help would be verry helpfull i dident no i could get so stressed on a speaker box!18 fi btl iswhat i have

Are those the outside dimensions of the box? I'm guessing they are. Need to know the length of the port to know the tuning.

no these are the mesurement of the inside box from wall to wall 31 inch's lengh 21 inch's hight 17 with and the port size is 3 inch's in lenght 21 inch's in with 22 inch's in hight i will have 2 ports both the same size can u let me no what the hurtz would be and the cubes on the box thanks man!!

Edited by GOTEM

the port is only 3" deep into the box?

Type a little clearer, it's hard to understand you. Use width, length, and depth to describe the port. Depth is the measurement of how long the port is into the box.

if your slot port 3 x 22 that gives you 66 sq inches of port area and that doubled is 132 sq inches of port area. The amount that takes up leaves your box with around 4.4 cubic feet. If your ports are both 21 inches long that tunes to around 51 hz if i'm using the correct calculator and that's way to high for anything except vehicle resonance. I'm only getting this on the assumption that this is a slot port with 3/4 mdf.

lol sorry bout that !! ok the with is 21 inch's the lengh is 3 inch's and the depth is 22 inch's i hope that can help sorry bout that yall

Edited by GOTEM

lol sorry bout that !! ok the with is 21 inch's the lengh is 3 inch's and the depth is 22 inch's i hope that can help sorry bout that yall

That still leaves you with 4.4 cubes with a tuning of around 50 hz.. . . with 3/4 mdf.

ok i think were all getting confused let me start over the total lenght of the box is 40 inch's from outside to outside the width is 22 from out to out the highth is 24 from out to out now i have one L shape port on each side of the box @3 inch's lenght 21 inch's width 22 inch's depth at the back of the box where the L shape turns into a 90 it comes in toward the middle 10 inch's on both sides leaving me a gap from the back of the L shape port to the back of the speaker box 4 inch's sorry guy's!!!!!! iam tryin to tell u the best way i can but if this is still making no sence how do i fund sq inch's for the ports and how do i find what they are tuned at?

Ok. Everything i said was wrong. To find sq inches for port area take the height and width of your port and multiply them together. You plug that in a slot port calculator but you need to know the volume of your box and remember that the space the ports take up decrease the volume in the box. You need to calculate for that.

ok i think were all getting confused let me start over the total lenght of the box is 40 inch's from outside to outside the width is 22 from out to out the highth is 24 from out to out now i have one L shape port on each side of the box @3 inch's lenght 21 inch's width 22 inch's depth at the back of the box where the L shape turns into a 90 it comes in toward the middle 10 inch's on both sides leaving me a gap from the back of the L shape port to the back of the speaker box 4 inch's sorry guy's!!!!!! iam tryin to tell u the best way i can but if this is still making no sence how do i fund sq inch's for the ports and how do i find what they are tuned at?

Im sorry but this still is not making any sense, their is no way your port can be as high as the outside of your box. Measure the box from front to back using the top board piece (thats your depth), now measure the box from left to righ using the top board piece (thats the width), finally measure the box from top to bottom using (thats the height).

For port: measure the inside of port from top to bottom (thats height, it should be 1.5" shorter than the outside box's height), now measure from the inside of port from right to left (thats the width, finally measure the insde from front of port to end of port including bending piece (thats the length or depth)

That way we can better calculate for you, and side note the sub your using is .26ft^3 (dont worry about that just wrote it for me or anyone else determining your box's ending cubic feet).

i have not a clue how to find volume iam not that good at math to tell u the truth is there any way u could find out round what cubic feet iam working with and the inch's of my port size's and bout somewhere give or take on the hurtz man i would dearly thank u so much whish i already do for helping me !!!??

ok just the L shape mdf board is 3/4 thick the width is roughly 21 inch's depth is 18 inch's .. now where it 90s it is 10 inch's long

measure everything i told you to measure and i will figure everything out for you, do as I stated in each step; look at my box in my avatar and use it as a picture and example for below (then take the example and reference it to your box).

The top board with one sub on it (box outside dimensions):

1.Measure going from front to back of box (thats depth of box)

2.Measure going from left to right of box (thats width of box)

The back board with two subs and port on it (box outside dimensions):

1.Measure going from top of box to bottom of box (thats height of box)

The back board with subs and port on it (port dimensions):

1.Measure how wide of a gap(side to side) you have between the two pieces of wood for your port (width of port)

2.Measure how tall the port (top to bottom) is between those two pieces of wood (height of port)

3.Measure both pieces of wood that make the L-shape from the front to the back (length or depth of port)

Edited by jay-cee

ok iam going to mussure it now give me like 5 or ten min and ill have the messurement's for u thanks man be right back!!

or get someone who knows how to measure things to do it and post their numbers since it seems like your having trouble, but its honestly not that hard.

ok man the lenght from out to out is 41 inch's, the depth of box from out to outside is 22and a 1/4 the width of the box from out to out is 22 and 3/4

now the port width is 3 inch's the highth is 21 and a 1/4 inch's and the depth is 18 where it 90s toward the back of the box it goes in toward the center at 10 inch's keep in mind i have two L shape ports both the same mesurements just one on each side of the box thanks i hope u can figure this out cuz iam lost!!

ok man the lenght from out to out is 41 inch's, the depth of box from out to outside is 22and a 1/4 the width of the box from out to out is 22 and 3/4

now the port width is 3 inch's the highth is 21 and a 1/4 inch's and the depth is 18 where it 90s toward the back of the box it goes in toward the center at 10 inch's keep in mind i have two L shape ports both the same mesurements just one on each side of the box thanks i hope u can figure this out cuz iam lost!!

If im correct:

Box= 41"W x 22.75"H x 22.25"D (outside dimensions)

Port= 6"W x 21.25"H x 46"D (both ports added together- (2) 3"W x 21.25"H x 28"D)

Port Area= 127.50 in^2 (Port Area Range= 63-84in^2)

Sub Displacement= 0.26FT^3

5.28FT^3 @ 31.41 HZ

thanks man sorry it took a min to get back to u i drew out a 3D demension on the box with the messurements top view and side view i no for sure then u would no what the cubic feet and hurtz would be but it wont let me send it here if u have a email i cqan send it to u there??