ealvar

RL-i 10" S4 - 1ft^3 @ 36Hz?

My RL-p 12" died so I'm looking for a replacement.

My ride is tiny, Scion xA, so real estate is limited. That being said, I'm leaning towards a 10" rather than another 12".

I already have a nice ported 10" enclosure that fits well and was wondering how the RL-i 10" would perform in 1ft^3 net tuned @ 36Hz.

Thanks in advance!

E

Edited by ealvar

That box would be just fine for the 10". What amp are you running with it?

That box would be just fine for the 10". What amp are you running with it?

For the near future I'll be running a Boston Acoustics GT-22 bridged @ 325-350w.

I was originally pushing the RL-p 12" D4 with a Directed 1200t @ 1000w RMS 2ohm bridged in a 1.25ft^3 net sealed enclosure, with the gains turned down a bit. The 1200t has moved to my closet for a while due to its size... just too big for my little car.

For the last month I've been running an eD SQ10 in a nice stealth hatch enclosure. It's a pleasant sounding sub but I'm craving more output and lower octaves.

sq10_3s.jpg

I'm hoping the RL-i 10" will be a nice compromise.

E

The box you have planned looks good (personally I would tune no higher then 33hz, but that is my preference), and the SoundSplinter will be a nice upgrade while still keeping space used down. :)

(personally I would tune no higher then 33hz, but that is my preference),:)

I agree completely, but since he already has the box, it should work OK. I would shoot more for 32Hz. :drink40: