dustin420

Legalize It

Cancer comment was wrong...other than anything you smoke will cause cancer, but that is not the only way to take thc.

Surprised at your comment as well Aaron, my guess is that the crime you speak of is for other drugs and/or socially-economic related.

Are u speaking of my reply or the post by JayC76? If its me...try again. Not a single documented case of cancer from MJ.

Everything besides air that you breathe into your lungs causes damage, when damage is caused cell's replicate to make new cells. Did you know that cancer is just mutated cells? With all of the genes that cells copy mutations happen. Smoking ANYTHING causes cancer. Inhaling dust, and pollution over long term causes cancer.

You sir have been proven wrong.

Again, show me documentation for even one case of just one person that has been diagnosed with cancer FROM MJ. We can all say what we believe but without evidence this pretty much goes nowhere.

You can't study it for one simple reason...it's illegal. No doctor in their right mind would try to do the study anyways, there is nothing to gain.

illegal for some yes but not all. Don't give me that crap about fed law cause they don't do anything to the common person with a medical script. It's major grow operations that they come down on. Nothing to gain from it? That's your opinion.

While I usually like Duran's posts, this is a topic where I think he is putting a little too much personal experience, or family/friends experience in here. Marijuana is one of the BIGGEST reasons we keep getting illegals in here. On this base alone in the past 4 months we have had over 200 busts with people in excess of 100 lbs on their backs as they came over the mountains from mexico.

I am 110% for legalization of it, and allowing the common man access to it. It is relatively harmless, does not directly cause any disease and is impossible to od on.

Other drugs I am 110% in favor of keeping illegal. The ONLY one I could possibly see is mushrooms, but that is another topic.

There is no win-win with this, you need to compromise something. Whether our national borders to mexicans who bring in marijuana or the lives of our citizens, they aren't directly at risk but it contributes to their poor health. I consider it self-mutilation, people knowingly endanger their bodies to get a high and you can't tell me that doesn't do anything positive to you, you can't get a high in a positive way, it doesn't work.

Surprised at your comment as well Aaron, my guess is that the crime you speak of is for other drugs and/or socially-economic related.

Based on policemen friends I have played soccer with for years, MJ and cocaine are the two leaders in the Baltimore/DC area. Not sure if you remember, close to 7-10 years back, the Maryland house, a rest stop on I-95 some 10 miles north of me right now, was the trade and mid-distribution point for the Miami-New York connection. Essentially, the runners would drive up I-95 from Florida and meet the money men that drove down from NY here. Philadelphia/Baltimore/DC drug lords would then buy in bulk from them here and spread out.

Based on policemen friends I have played soccer with for years, MJ and cocaine are the two leaders in the Baltimore/DC area. Not sure if you remember, close to 7-10 years back, the Maryland house, a rest stop on I-95 some 10 miles north of me right now, was the trade and mid-distribution point for the Miami-New York connection. Essentially, the runners would drive up I-95 from Florida and meet the money men that drove down from NY here. Philadelphia/Baltimore/DC drug lords would then buy in bulk from them here and spread out.

When my girlfriend's father was a big time coke dealer he used to run from miami-connecticut. Then he got caught and thrown away. As for legalization I feel that there is no need. In my opinion it opens up a whole new can of worms and then people are going to start about legalizing other drugs. It will be the start of a slippery slope. Weed is known as the gateway drug so we will have a greater chance of increasing harmful substance users that use harder drugs.

Cancer comment was wrong...other than anything you smoke will cause cancer, but that is not the only way to take thc.

Are u speaking of my reply or the post by JayC76? If its me...try again. Not a single documented case of cancer from MJ.

Everything besides air that you breathe into your lungs causes damage, when damage is caused cell's replicate to make new cells. Did you know that cancer is just mutated cells? With all of the genes that cells copy mutations happen. Smoking ANYTHING causes cancer. Inhaling dust, and pollution over long term causes cancer.

You sir have been proven wrong.

Again, show me documentation for even one case of just one person that has been diagnosed with cancer FROM MJ. We can all say what we believe but without evidence this pretty much goes nowhere.

You can't study it for one simple reason...it's illegal. No doctor in their right mind would try to do the study anyways, there is nothing to gain.

illegal for some yes but not all. Don't give me that crap about fed law cause they don't do anything to the common person with a medical script. It's major grow operations that they come down on. Nothing to gain from it? That's your opinion.

While I usually like Duran's posts, this is a topic where I think he is putting a little too much personal experience, or family/friends experience in here. Marijuana is one of the BIGGEST reasons we keep getting illegals in here. On this base alone in the past 4 months we have had over 200 busts with people in excess of 100 lbs on their backs as they came over the mountains from mexico.

I am 110% for legalization of it, and allowing the common man access to it. It is relatively harmless, does not directly cause any disease and is impossible to od on.

Other drugs I am 110% in favor of keeping illegal. The ONLY one I could possibly see is mushrooms, but that is another topic.

There is no win-win with this, you need to compromise something. Whether our national borders to mexicans who bring in marijuana or the lives of our citizens, they aren't directly at risk but it contributes to their poor health. I consider it self-mutilation, people knowingly endanger their bodies to get a high and you can't tell me that doesn't do anything positive to you, you can't get a high in a positive way, it doesn't work.

What I am saying is take away the drug 90% of them are running over the borders, and you can help put a damper on illegal immegration.

As for this being a 'gateway drug' that is such a crock of shit it's not even funny. It's honestly the same as saying 'beacuse men who beat their wives are usually drinking when they do it, if you drink your wife is gonna have a black eye to explain.'

What I mean there is you are taking a certain amount of people and saying that marijuana started it all for them. A GOOD amount of people I know started with cocaine, or X and never moved on. Samething with marijuana. On the other hand some did progress. Is it beacuse of that one joint? NO!! Its beacuse the CHOOSE to.

In addition you take away the 'illegal' label on it, an its no longer as desirable. Its just like underaged drinking. Its only fun beacuse mom and dad might get mad. Show me 40 kids uner 17 who drink beacuse they love the taste and i will show you 40 people who are full of shit.

J

Gotta love vaporizers.

Besides that I have nothing to add.

I do...gives you exactly what you want and very little of what you dont. :P

Well im back smoking i had not smoked in 7 months, i can say what i dont like is that if every one is smoking how would car insurance be effected? I know when im smoking i make sure i have the stuff i need befor hand. I know its way safer to smoke weed then drive then to drink a few beers. I could see the gov say this is what u can sell and this  is the grade and put so many limits. then  you will have a guy/woman that will sell more or sell a higher grade and cuz some issues between the shops that are selling weed.

Drinking while intoxicated is drinking while intoxicated.  It doesn't matter how you got intoxicated (alcohol, marijuana, sniffing glue, taking prescription drugs, etc.) ...  If you're caught, you should face the same charges as a drunk driver.

I'm all for legalization of everything.  I personally don't do any drugs, so I have nothing to gain as far as getting high goes, but the taxes generated from the legal sale and distribution of the desired drugs would help fund health care, education, etc.  It could potentially relieve personal taxes as well.  It's not so big of a problem in Canada as marijuana is already decriminalized (not to be mistaken with legalized) and our police generally either overlook or confiscate small amounts of other drugs, but in the US, this could:

- save billions of dollars in enforcement, prosecution, and conviction of casual drug users

- generate billions in tax revenues which can be reinvested into regulatory committees, rehabilitation programs, drug education programs, health care, education, etc.

- provide users with a safer means of purchasing and using their desired drugs (don't have to purchase from potentially dangerous dealers, regulated drugs means that no unknown chemicals are mixed in and the chemicals that cause the high can be limited so as to make overdosing more difficult) as well as provide them with legal recourse for mistakes made by the drug company

- eliminate/minimize the income of drug cartels and drug dealers, either forcing them to become legitimate business owners, into poverty, or into prison for other illegal activities

- minimize the number of illegal immigrants entering the country who are currently used to smuggle currently-illegal drugs over the border

If it's done properly, there really shouldn't be a downside.

Gotta love vaporizers.

Besides that I have nothing to add.

x2

and dispensaries

nuff said

:D

I would guess that it is because the same people deal in both trades, not because of MJ specifically.

In my opinion it opens up a whole new can of worms and then people are going to start about legalizing other drugs. It will be the start of a slippery slope. Weed is known as the gateway drug so we will have a greater chance of increasing harmful substance users that use harder drugs.

The only "gateway" drug on this planet is alcohol. MJ is the opposite.

The only issue with legalization is that it is hard to police. Determining if you are to get a DUI is pretty darn hard. Other than that the benefits outweigh the negatives. Case and point, I went to a college that allowed keg parties in the dorms, pot smoking in public, nudity, and pretty much any other college try thing you can think of. The philosophy was that if it happens in the open it is easy to catch a problem. IMO that philosophy works really well.

Holy thread resurrect Batman! I know I was one of the first that said it wouldn't happen. I even quoted the administration saying they would do it. Now we have this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_medical_marijuana By guess who? The administration. One step closer. Go figure.

Just wanted to breathe some dubbage back into this thread to revive it.

What do you all think about it coming on the November ballot?

Everyone over the age of 21, can legally buy marijuana and grow it. Stipulations on the growing aspects, of course. From what I hear, it will be harder to grow for yourself if it passes. Much worse than it is now. They really want to put a monopoly on that as well.

Thats the good ole govt for ya. You think youre getting what you want and then...as Chris Berman would say...Whooop!

Id rather keep it the way it is now, really. NEVER thought Id EVER say that! :puzzled:

i think it would be good! and if i could vote i would vote yes! LEGALIZE IT! Have you noticed that the feds are complaining about the jails/prisons becoming cramped? well if we legalized it they would open back up, i dont know the exact statistics but most arrests are for weed, selling or smoking. its retarded, weed is also on the same Schedule as Coke, Heroin, Meth and any other Hard ass drugs. my cousin smokes Medical and without it he would have the worst migraines, same with my neighbor. also like many have said it will allow us to get out of debt, especially Cali! i want my state to be debt free, so my school can get some F*cking money. if they dont legalize it they should at least lower it from Schedule 1 to Schedule 4 or 5.

Question

If they legalize it, can jobs still test for it?

I've missed out on 3 6 figure jobs in the IT industry due to failed drug tests -_-

Question

I've missed out on 3 6 figure jobs in the IT industry due to failed drug tests -_-

damn bro, i would def hold off on the pot for a couple months to land a 6 figure job lol.

and to answer your question, yea they will still test for it, just like if u come in drunk they normally catch on and send you home or fire you.

Edited by Brandon Daily

if they dont legalize it they should at least lower it from Schedule 1 to Schedule 4 or 5.

At the very least! Schedule one is bullshit and EVERYONE knows it.

Question

damn bro, i would def hold off on the pot for a couple months to land a 6 figure job lol.

and to answer your question, yea they will still test for it, just like if u come in drunk they normally catch on and send you home or fire you.

Ya, Id lay off the tree for just a little bit to land a six figure income...legally. :lol:

I imagine the testing will have its stipulations though. Alcohol has a very short half life, whereas pot, absolutely doesnt. You can piss dirty for weed even though you have used it for 2-3 weeks and longer! Ive tested positive all the way up to 72 days before! Ya, you read that right. And yes, its very disappointing when you think youre doing so well. :(

I completly agree with the legalization of marijuana. Its like anything, its fine in moderation. I know from experience. I also know that it can really fuck your life up because of the legality of it. Im having to hire a lawyer because the state wants to suspend my drivers license for 6 months because of a paraphanelia charge and have courtdates just because of some shake in my backseat. Its ridiculous how some police officers treat it as if its terrorism or something i know from personal experience that it can and will be blown way out of proportion 9 times out of 10. Last time i got arrested my arresting officer was pretty cool we had a conversation about the legality of it on the way to county. I told him that even though i disagree with the laws i also respect that he is doing his job and its still illegal. 2 weeks later when the I was under surveillance from the DEA for interstate drug trafficking it was a completely different story. Especially when i was having my car dissassebled because i was seen "making a drug deal" I was really just getting a friend to buy me some beer. End of ramble.

Point being legalize that shit

I wonder what they do with all the bud they catch from druglords? :peepwall:

Probably holding it until legalization time is right :drink40:

where I live one out ov every 8 houses has some sort of a grow going

and the police will not even bother if you have less than an ounce or less

than 20 plants,,,,,,it's just not worth the paperwork and hastle I guess........LOL

less than an ounce or less than 20 plants

Obviously those two comments are not related.

lol... would hope you would get more than an oz from 20 plants lol.. great thread here.. legalize it.. get us out of debt.

My dad worked for several cities as a health inspector for over 20 years, and he told me that the reason the cops are uneasy about legalizing it is because there is no way to definitively test for it in the field. Like with alcohol, you have a breathalyzer that can be used anywhere, it takes about a minute to get results, and the results are fairly accurate. For weed, there is no way to field test for it immediately other than symptoms, but as most of us know, different people react differently to it. My dad said that most of the cops where he worked were at least okay with pot, they just didn't want to deal with trying to pin down DUI's.

My dad worked for several cities as a health inspector for over 20 years, and he told me that the reason the cops are uneasy about legalizing it is because there is no way to definitively test for it in the field. Like with alcohol, you have a breathalyzer that can be used anywhere, it takes about a minute to get results, and the results are fairly accurate. For weed, there is no way to field test for it immediately other than symptoms, but as most of us know, different people react differently to it. My dad said that most of the cops where he worked were at least okay with pot, they just didn't want to deal with trying to pin down DUI's.

If someone is suspected of DUI, they get a field sobriety test. If they pass it, then they should be sent on their way. If they fail it, they should be brought in and given a blood/urine test. In TN if you don't consent to a blood/urine test you can have your license suspended automatically. Easy solution.

Gotta love vaporizers.Besides that I have nothing to add.

;)

love the sheit but..

possession with intent to sell is not good

decriminalization is the most we can hope for. too stoned to explain why. plenty of documentaries online about it. the union: the business of getting high. fuck even pbs has a great movie on pot. called the forbidden fruit

Gotta love vaporizers.Besides that I have nothing to add.

;)

love the sheit but..

possession with intent to sell is not good

decriminalization is the most we can hope for. too stoned to explain why. plenty of documentaries online about it. the union: the business of getting high. fuck even pbs has a great movie on pot. called the forbidden fruit

I've got a vaporizer but its only been used a couple of times in a number of years. Its mainly just a novelty for me. What I've got against it is it completely changes the taste, and not in a good way, and I don't get near as much out of it.