just got my amp. in the box it came with a paper that says "Total Maximum Power Output: 930 watts." can anyone explain what exactly this means? like is it at 2 ohms at a certain voltage or is it the 2 ohm and 4 ohm ratings total added? or what? thanks!

alright. so in my equation to find the gains voltage on a DMM i can use 930?

if i used 750 and it did 930 then id be clipping it by almost 200 watts... or am i wrong?

Edited by casedawg350

anyone?

Post a pic of the paper so i can help you out.

As for setting the gains with a dmm use the 750 is fine u will not be clipping the amp at all, especially if it can produce 930 watts rms.

with a dmm there is room for error ... try to get your hands on an oscope so you can be completely sure ... u can get away with 825 if u want to use a dmm ... u r still a 100 watts under max

im confused by all this. can you explain it to me?

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

What you have there is a birth sheet. A birth sheet shows what an amplifier can truly put out at the lowest impedance. So instead of being 750watts it is truly 930watts. I would use 900watts to set up the amp with a dmm.

NO. Use 750. Kicker tests one amp out of every few hundred and then puts it's power ratings on all the birthsheets of that run. Use the rated power to set the gains.

awesome. thanks guys! no one around here has a oscope, and i have a DMM. with my last amp i used it, and didnt have any problems.

NO. Use 750. Kicker tests one amp out of every few hundred and then puts it's power ratings on all the birthsheets of that run. Use the rated power to set the gains.

wow i did not know that.

so basically whatever this amp does at 2 ohms, (which is what impedance ill be wiring it at), it will be doing that? wether its 750 or a little more. sorry about all the questions guys, just tryin to fully understand it. thanks.

so basically whatever this amp does at 2 ohms, (which is what impedance ill be wiring it at), it will be doing that? wether its 750 or a little more. sorry about all the questions guys, just tryin to fully understand it. thanks.

Basically forget the number on the paper and use 750 as the number you use for the dmm setup. If u had an oscope you could truely set your gains to their full potential.