Sign in to follow this  
Lucky 76

?s regarding 12" nightshade

what is the mounting depth for them and what is the sensitivity on them? ... how would they do in a sealed box? ... what size sealed box do they typically need?

While you probably could seal the Nightshade.. that's not what they were built for.

What are you looking for out of your new system?

While you probably could seal the Nightshade.. that's not what they were built for.

What are you looking for out of your new system?

i decided on 4 18" subs idk which yet tho ... do u know the 18" nightshades sensitivity? ... i want it loud and to sound good ... i like punchy bass as well

Edited by Lucky 76

Sensitivity is NOT really important for SUB bass application.

really? i thought that played a large role. like i thought if it was 90db sensitive and u had 2 it would be 93 and then you double the wattage each time and that increases the db by 3 ... then if u have a hatch it adds around 16db

really? i thought that played a large role. like i thought if it was 90db sensitive and u had 2 it would be 93 and then you double the wattage each time and that increases the db by 3 ... then if u have a hatch it adds around 16db

Now I dont know about that one especially gaining 16db's by what car your using (I do know that hatches put up great numbers). If Im wrong and they do then tomorrow I will be buying one and Im pretty sure everyone else would have one too(at least for a competition car).

Not at all on subwoofers -- lower sensitivity drivers tend to have MORE low-end output.

Sign in to follow this