Sign in to follow this  
Mike.

Box Size/Design for Icon 10

Alright so I just got everything I need for my install, for the most part.

Equipment as follows...

Alpine 7897 FantomFace HU

SSA Icon 10 d2

Sundown SAE-1200D

Soundstream 5.25 Edge Comps

Alpine MRP-F250

1/0 + all other wires

It is going in a Buick LeSabre, so box size is not a problem and I am aware that the optimal box size is 1.35 ft^3 tuned at 27-33 hz.

This is just a daily driver and I just wanted a good sounding system with the potential to get loud so I think what i have is pretty well suited for my expectations.

I listen to mostly rap/hip hop, and occasionally classic rock and alternative type music, but rap for the majority.

Should I stick to 1.35 cu ft or does anyone have any better suggestions? This will be my first install or system even, and I was thinking about 32 hz would be good to tune at.

Also is it sufficient to just use a box calculator online, or would anyone be willing to design me a box? Available dimensions will be supplied.

Edited by Mike.

1.35 cubes and tuned to 32hz is perfect for the icon, i have one and it loves that box. if you need help with a box design i could whip one up for you.

Edited by lil98cabrio

Tried to PM you but it said you can't get any.

I would appreciate that if you don't mind.

I was unfamiliar in terms of hearing subs in enclosures of differing tuning frequencies but I heard 31-32 is what the Icon likes.

give us your max dimensions (depth x width x height) and go for tuning at 31HZ? I could help you make a box as soon as you give me those measurements

Yeah I would say 31 is good.

And max height is 14. Width (from Left to Right of trunk) is 35 max. And depth (from back seat to back bumper) is 40.

so 14x35x40 inches.

And I am not too experienced but I think sub back port back is the best option in my car unless I later decide to modify my rear deck to port through.

If you want, you can go a little larger to 1.45, but no major advantage.

And max height is 14. Width (from Left to Right of trunk) is 35 max. And depth (from back seat to back bumper) is 40.

so 14x35x40 inches.

And I am not too experienced but I think sub back port back is the best option in my car unless I later decide to modify my rear deck to port through.

well if jay-cee doesnt get this dont for you, ill get a design drawn up tomorrow at work

since you have so much room in your trunk, would you like a transmission line enclosure?

This will probably take up about the whole trunk or pretty close to it.

A transmission line enclosure is a box that is specifically built for the sub's potential, not your personal preference like ported boxes are.

A T-line box is a ported box but about 80% of the box is a very long port which is designed to be very smooth and accurate for any type of music.

Many people do not do these due to the size of these enclosures if you are wondering. Due to formulas used to calculate these types of boxes, the smaller the sub, the smaller the box and you have a very large space with a smaller sub so it would be a great experience.

so 14x35x40 inches.

well if jay-cee doesnt get this dont for you, ill get a design drawn up tomorrow at work

Yeah I started on a design for him but then remembered that he wanted port and sub back, I was doing port back and sub up. I like that T-Line box idea also Shizzzon :fing34:

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually have thought about a T-Line before but don't know a whole lot. I figured it would cost a lot to get a design for one.

I would definitely be down to build one, I have heard great things about T-lines, anyone willing to help me out with a design or point me in the right direction, possibly shizzzon?

If jay-cee or lilcabrio are doing a design that is much appreciated still as I will most likely build more than one to try it out, so if so, I appreciate the work!

I'm currently out of town for the week and will be back on Friday, so no rush on my part.

And thanks for the reply denim, I figured if I got all this space, might as well put it to use, so this T-line is sounding really good, I never use my trunk for anything.

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually have thought about a T-Line before but don't know a whole lot. I figured it would cost a lot to get a design for one.

I would definitely be down to build one, I have heard great things about T-lines, anyone willing to help me out with a design or point me in the right direction, possibly shizzzon?

If jay-cee or lilcabrio are doing a design that is much appreciated still as I will most likely build more than one to try it out, so if so, I appreciate the work!

I'm currently out of town for the week and will be back on Friday, so no rush on my part.

And thanks for the reply denim, I figured if I got all this space, might as well put it to use, so this T-line is sounding really good, I never use my trunk for anything.

i could probably design a t-line jsut got done with one for a pair of p2 8's and it sounds great, so if you want i can get one done tomorrow for ya.

Thanks cabrio, I would appreciate that.

I just got back in town, sorry for the delayed reply.