CrazyKenKid

SAZ 2000 installed

Well i have finally gotten around to installing my saz2000d to power my 15inch NS at 1ohm! and let me tell you! it is loud!!

Something i did notice though was with the sae1200 i would have a voltage drop of like 14.4-12.8 on the money and that was with the amp set with a dmm at 60hz at 1000rms. But with this 2000 in my trunk i get voltage drops of 14.4-12.8volts and that is set around 2000rms at 1ohm! also i was monitoring my voltage drop with a stinger voltmeter and the car was at idle which is about 750rmp.

so i don't know i s12.8 good? should i upgrade my stock alt?

right now i have 2 batcap 2000s in the rear and the big 3 done and that is it for upgraded electrical.

I will get some pics of it tomorrow when i get my car back! right now my dad is working on my brakes, exhaust, and front ball joints! and i have to go to work for night shift!

Kenneth

12.8 is rest battery voltage -- meaning you have exceeded the alternator capacity but have not yet started to really dig into the battery reserve deeply.

i put mine in yesterday also. but mine is wired to 4ohms.. so i'm only seeing around 500 from it.. 15 minutes ago i set the gain using a 50hz tone and dmm etc etc.. since last night i did it a different way

but is your voltmeter wired to the terminal at the amp or the terminal on the battery under the hood?

your voltage might be lower than what you really see because the voltage at the amp isn't as mush as the battery under the hood..

i c. so any further voltage drops means, like 12 volts and less, would mean i need to upgrade my alt? also if i had to upgrade my alt what would you recommened a 150amp alt? or more? thanks for your time

i have the volt meter wired in parellel at the rear battery. but i will for sure hook a dmm up to the amp terminals and compare the 2 results.

the meter is hooked up on the same battery which is hooked up to the amp! heere take a look at my ghetto drawing lol!!

Untitled-5.jpg

so anyways i am off to work now and i will be back home at 5am so i might pop on here when i get home! thanks everyone for your time and leave some suggestions! thanks!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

also anyone know why my Reputation: -1 ? how is that calculated? and i notice everone else is 0 and jacob is +2 but some how i am -1? who did i piss off? anyone know? or can direct me to someone who does?

haha i see.. just use a dmm real quick and see what the voltage is at the amp at full tilt

the voltage at my amp drops into the high 11's for a split second at the end of a big note.. this is probably the most abusive song i have

but this is at idle (and my car was idling for a good 15 minutes)

when driving around my voltage drops to around 12.5 like you.. (not sure how many rpm but i was cruising at like 10-15)

the only electrical upgrade i have right now is big is 1/0.. but i'm going to pick up a deep cycle/starting battery tomorrow (yellowtop)

since jacob is in here.. will i damage my amp is it drops below 12 for a quick second? or should i take it easy on the volume knob until i get that battery tomorrow?

(we have a similar problem so i figured i'd ask.. just let me know if i'm jacking.. sry!)

no worries man you aren't jacking my thread! the only thing getting jacked in my life is my voltage lol!! other then that it is all good!!

as for damaging your alt i don't think it will damage your alt if you go below 12volts all that will do is help to drain your battery i believe!

i have the volt meter wired in parellel at the rear battery. but i will for sure hook a dmm up to the amp terminals and compare the 2 results.

the meter is hooked up on the same battery which is hooked up to the amp! heere take a look at my ghetto drawing lol!!

Untitled-5.jpg

so anyways i am off to work now and i will be back home at 5am so i might pop on here when i get home! thanks everyone for your time and leave some suggestions! thanks!

are the battery's grounded together or do you have each one grounded to the car? from the pic it looks like there grounded together, i am no pro but i would assume having each battery grounded seperatly would be better. also make sure ur ground wire is either the same size or bigger then ur power wire,that might help a little. I also read somewhere else on this fourm someone was asking on how many battery's he should use with his 2000D and alot of responces were saying only use 1 battery with the 2000D, 2000 watts isent that much power, so maybe the second battery you have is causeing more of a drop then just having one. hopefully someone else can chime in on what I said.

o i forgot to add my grounding wires lol! my bad! i do have both batteries grounded to the chassis and i have 0/1 for all my wiring in my car expect my 100.4 that gets 4 gauge!

as for having to batteries hooked up creating a bigger voltage drop i don't know! but if that is my issue then one of those puppies is coming out lol!

actually maybe i jsut need to charge the batteries fully.... can anyone help me with this? these are lead acid batteries so i think i have to unhook them from the front battery so i can fully charge them? does anyone know or can i just charge all 3 batteries? (2 in the back and one in the front) or shold i charge just the 2 batcap's at once? or separate?

thanks in advance!

actually maybe i jsut need to charge the batteries fully.... can anyone help me with this? these are lead acid batteries so i think i have to unhook them from the front battery so i can fully charge them? does anyone know or can i just charge all 3 batteries? (2 in the back and one in the front) or shold i charge just the 2 batcap's at once? or separate?

thanks in advance!

you can charge the 2 batcaps at the same time but i dont think you will get a full charge on them if you do all 3 im not 100% though. i dont know if you know this but batcaps as great of a batt as it is they arent great for alt charging or much music they are know as a fast discharge slow recharge the best for burps though

i hope i helped if not o well i tried lol

thanks in advance!

you can charge the 2 batcaps at the same time but i dont think you will get a full charge on them if you do all 3 im not 100% though. i dont know if you know this but batcaps as great of a batt as it is they arent great for alt charging or much music they are know as a fast discharge slow recharge the best for burps though

i hope i helped if not o well i tried lol

if your bored and you have nothing to do just try takeing one of thoes out and seeing what happens. it wont hurt anything

umm but i can't just use any battery charger right? it has to be able to charge a lead acid battery? or should i be looking for a lead acid battery charger?

Hey guys as stated some pics!! enjoy

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

as you can see i moved the relay some, so it is out of sight, plus i even TRIED to clean up some of the wiring from the fans!

OKAY now i need some help!!!! see my batteries? well do you see that crap load of wires on top of it? well i want to clean all that up so i need some BUSS bars! so now i need to ask alumium or brass(copper)? also should i use STAIGHT pieces (whihc will make my bars on a slight angle b/c the batteries are perfectly inline) or pieces which have a " __|--- " (zig zag) shape in it? (so a custom busbar rather then a straight one?)

let me know what you guys think and thanks a lot!!!

Kenneth

Edited by CrazyKenKid

You could simply just make a cover for the battery, a box covered in carper or what have you

You could simply just make a cover for the battery, a box covered in carper or what have you

there is a good idea! i like it! maybe i will make a L shaped bracket out of mdf and carpet it and attach it to my other piece of mdf over the top of the amp....i will have to play with this idea now! thanks!