STEPHENM

Zed Audio new production

The good news is that our new amplifiers are due foir release mid August, 2009.

For those of you who require more information, please email us at zedaudio@aol.com and we will send this to you

Stephen Mantz

Zed Audio

you guys better keep making amps when im out of college and have some cash flow!!!

Where can we find out about the leviathan. Is there going to be another run, or do we have to purchase in bulk. I know i just missed the group buy but didn't have the money. do we have to do a group buy.

Where can we find out about the leviathan. Is there going to be another run, or do we have to purchase in bulk. I know i just missed the group buy but didn't have the money. do we have to do a group buy.

The Leviathan is still in production, as is the Kronos. We (SSA) will do another Group Buy in the future.

Now that they are in full production, the new ZED models are up on the >> SSA store. :drink40:

Check out the product review section on the new ZED reviews:

Any recent updates on the other amplifiers your working on?

I think there are other models in the works, but the focus is the current models for the time being.

Does he only make amps geared toward speakers or does he have any amps geared toward powering subwoofers?

Does he only make amps geared toward speakers or does he have any amps geared toward powering subwoofers?

I believe there was mention of a mono block because people are having a hard time realizing that the Kronos can do the job of a mono block. :Doh:

A quote from the manual of what they are working on next.

Upcoming products from Zed Audio

We have some new products which will be introduced in late early 2010. We urge our

customers to send us their requests for products which they would like to see in the line

up.

The first is a 4 channel amplifier, rated at 150w per channel at 4 ohms. It has some unique

features never seen on a multi channel amplifier.

A mono block will also be added to the line up with some unusual features. Power output

into 4 ohms will be 1000 watts

A hybrid amplifier incorporating my favourite amplifying devices namely TUBES. Since I

was brought up on tubes, no I did not eat them as a child, but I “cut my teeth” in

electronics on these wonderful glowing glass bottles. This amplifier will feature a complete

100% tube front end and the power amplifier will incorporate tubes right up to the output

stage. The output devices will be high speed Sanken or Toshiba devices which in my

opinion are the best bi-polar devices around. Cost will be an object as part of my

philosophy is to bring reasonably prices gear to the market. Power will approximately

125w per channel and the name of this amplifier is... Well we have not come up with a

suitable name yet. All suggestions are welcome. This amplifier is not intended for sub

woofer duty and so will incorporate crossovers with a 12dB/octave slope. The consumer

who will use this type of amplifier will typically not be a “bass head” and so steep slope

crossovers are not required.

The last product is a stand alone TUBE crossover. This will be a four (4) channel unit with

low, band and high pass functions. Again all at 12dB/octave. The name of this crossover

is “TubeX”

sounds good man wonder what the output is on that monoblock at 2 ohms

read up on their page and you will see that his amps are geared for essque. The Kronos is a very capable amp, but it is not designed to be used below 4 ohms mono. If you are looking for 1.21 gigiwatts at 1 ohm then perhaps Zed is not for you.

I think a Leviathan will be finding it's way into my car. :)

read up on their page and you will see that his amps are geared for essque. The Kronos is a very capable amp, but it is not designed to be used below 4 ohms mono. If you are looking for 1.21 gigiwatts at 1 ohm then perhaps Zed is not for you.

original_image.png

trink40.giftrink40.giffing34.gif

Interested to hear your opinions on the amp.

trink40.giftrink40.giffing34.gif

Interested to hear your opinions on the amp.

I will order with the GB I guess. We actually just ordered one (along with a pair of BOSS REV-665's) to give to a certain owner of a certain build house. ;)

GB on Leviathan?:puzzled:

Yes (both amps), just need to sit down and put it together. There are a number of people interested on DIYma too.

I was one of the guys that posted over on DIYMA that was interested in a GB. I'm waiting... :)

I was one of the guys that posted over on DIYMA that was interested in a GB. I'm waiting... :)

I wanted to get it up last night, but just flat out run out of time. Maybe today on my lunch break. ;)