Sign in to follow this  
mikee72

5.25 inch components

hi all i have a buddy just getting into car audio and hes looking to upgrade his juguar xj8s sound system the monly problem is he wants some bass but his gas tank completely seals off his trunk from his cab so nothing gets through. so i am looking for a 5.25 inch set of comps that have some strong mid bass to hold him over the only thing is he doesnt want to spend over 175

Has he thought about taking the rear speakers out to give some holes into the trunk? He could also extend the ports from a ported or bandpass box up into those holes so that they have a direct firing line into the cab. Some people also cut extra holes in the back deck when faced with this problem, but I don't know anybody who would want to cut into a Jag.

hi all i have a buddy just getting into car audio and hes looking to upgrade his juguar xj8s sound system the monly problem is he wants some bass but his gas tank completely seals off his trunk from his cab so nothing gets through. so i am looking for a 5.25 inch set of comps that have some strong mid bass to hold him over the only thing is he doesnt want to spend over 175

well I was wondering how that could be true until I did my research and found out the xj8 can hold a whopping 22.5 gallons of gas, thats incredible :coolugh:

actually had planed on doing a fourth order until i saw the car in person but the gas tank runs all the way up to but a half an inch from the top. amd its weird the rear deck from the inside is perfectly sealed off no holes for 6x9s or anything but if you look through the trunkyou can see that the steel is stamped for a 6x9 on the drivers side. and i think the tank on his is actually 24 gallons