Notorious97200

got a new sub : a 15" Xcon

Hi all,

I've just received a 15" Xcon today!

It's for a friend of mine.

We will build a big ported box, with a design we got from Fishercustoms.

This will go in a (very) small french car with about 1300 watts rms on it.

I will take some pictures to post here.:)

But, wow, what a big and Heavy driver!!!

I will be able to tell you all what I think about this beast!!

I have a 15" Icon on a saz 1000, so, I already know what is a good sounding sub!!!!!!

:)

nice............my 15" Xcons are wrecking my minivan

get some pics of this build!

i love my xcon 12's :)

:) :)

We received a box design by dylan@Fishercustoms : 3.5 ft3 net @ 32Hz.

The box is huge! But the builder seems very happy with it.

I had to translate all the inches in cm (centimétres), boring, with all the 5/6, 7/8, and so on !!!

But ok, here we go!

I will post some pics of the box build, but they will not be very clean(cellphone camera). It is impossible to wait for a good gamera.

We want to hear this sub so baaaad!:)

Everything should be ready tomorrow.

The box was finished yersterday afternoonn. The box design was really accurate.

I did not have the chance to make a listen.

But the builder is really very very happy. First listen : his kid jumped out of the car!!! And this kid was used to the kicker L7 15 in the trunk!

I will hear this tonight and give you some news.:)

Look forward to the feedback. Just give it some break in time before final review, just like the Icon. ;)

I made a listen last night.

That's insane!!!

How can you have so much bass in a small car like his?

I'll show you the pics, but I have to take them with the bluetooth from his phone, past hem to a computer...

Words of the owner (with a big smile on his face): I am now in another world, another class. . I think he must be sleeping with the same smile!!!

We listened to: 1 rap : heavy, heavy , heavy bass : I can really understand what means "groundpounding bass", one word : insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 reggae: totally rediscovering the basslines a real pleasure!!! We can hear the bass plays all the notes as it should be, and no unwanting boom.

SSA made someone very happy:)

I must do something quick.

I want an Xcon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probalby a 12" , to make it fit the trunk!

That's insane!!!

I'll show you the pics, but I have to take them with the bluetooth from his phone, past hem to a computer...

Words of the owner (with a big smile on his face): I am now in another world, another class. . I think he must be sleeping with the same smile!!!

We listened to: 1 rap : heavy, heavy , heavy bass : I can really understand what means "groundpounding bass", one word : insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 reggae: totally rediscovering the basslines a real pleasure!!! We can hear the bass plays all the notes as it should be, and no unwanting boom.

Thats great to hear!! (not that I'm surprised). Got about 2 weeks until I finally hear my Xcon 15.

That's insane!!!

That is awesome!! Glad to see we are building a following in the Caribbean! :)

The Xcon sounds so well now. His owner is very very happy with it!!!

The sub and the box are too heavy for his little car but he doesn't care!

I thought it was loud , but after some weeks, it is VERY loud!!!! We love it.

it's'the first time he listen to such a loud sub with so much acuracy. And he is a pro in live performance systems: he owns an all JBL monster sound system(one of the best in our island!!).

Finally he took off all his rear speakers, he rebuilds his doors (adding some damplifier pro I gave him), and now he really enjoy his system !!!

I have to post pics, I know!!! Nest week

Look forward to the pictures.

sounds like everyone involved is very pleased.

you own an icon and heard the xcon.

can you compare the 2 at all ?

I think it is difficult to compare the 2. The Xcon I heared was in a very well designed box, and my Icon : no, just a simple box with a pvc tube! Both were receiving 1000-1200 watts rms.

But it was like the little brother, and the big brother : both sound good, but I think the Xcon is for real bassheads (like me), it's loud, loud, LOUD!!!

The Icon is a wonderful woofer, I have never heared such a sub!! Until I heared the Xcon, I wouldn't want to change sub:).

I've just received 2 saz 1000 D to feed the Xcon : they will be strapped together at 2 ohms.

The Xcon owner took them 5 minutes ago with a big smile on his face.gift.gif

It took about a week to get them here in Martinique with UPS.fing34.gif

I am still waiting for my sax 50.4 for my Focal comps :(Doh.gif

He can work on his install now. His car has been repaired, he has all the wiring,...

BTW, there are some pictures of the box build in a topic and in my gallery.

I will post better pics later.

Thanks SSA and Sundown !!!

We'll do business again soon, I hope so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2 saz amps are ok. Everything is playing in the car.

The car owner changed the speaker cable, now he uses phone cable (pure cooper) and notices real improvments in the sound quality.

The sub receives about 1700 watts of power!!!trink40.gif with the 2 amps linked.

I sat in the car for a listen : it's insane, the bass is so heavy!!! Lot of pressure!!!!

He noticed that the sound of the bass is clear, he told me he feels the low notes much much more than with his older amplifier.

One more positive note : his electrical system suffers much less, he plays at 14.1-14.4 v. On heavy bass notes, it never goes too low like with his old system.

He finally decided to get rid of his 2 caps !!! about 16 pounds less in the back !!!

Today, the weather is sunny, I think we will take some pictures to post here soon.

fing34.gifSSA subs + Sundown amps = Fantastic combos !!!!!!! fing34.gif

Great to hear!!

That setup makes me wanna have the same in my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I would like to try the 12' Xcon.

I hope to get it for Xmas.

I think it is difficult to compare the 2. The Xcon I heared was in a very well designed box, and my Icon : no, just a simple box with a pvc tube! Both were receiving 1000-1200 watts rms.

But it was like the little brother, and the big brother : both sound good, but I think the Xcon is for real bassheads (like me), it's loud, loud, LOUD!!!

The Icon is a wonderful woofer, I have never heared such a sub!! Until I heared the Xcon, I wouldn't want to change sub:).

Since you have heard both drivers in person, maybe you can tell me something I've been wondering about. Everyone raves about how the Icon has that really impressive strong bottom end. Does an Xcon display a similar effect? I have a couple of Xcons sitting around for few more weeks, and I am not planning on getting Icons, so I am wondering how the two compare in this department. Thanks.

The Icon has a strong bottm end, yes for sure. It plays quite flat on all its frequencies.

It plays so low, when you compare it to some other woofers. I mean it plays low, but always with accuracy. It is music, not bull.gifmamoru-tehe.gif !!!

The Xcon is really more powerful, and is strong on the bottom too. It's called a sq woofer, but it has strong spl capacity (not for competition, but for listening).

The main difference is in the output for these 2 subs.

The xcon has so much output, with 1200 to 1800watts, that you can't focus on the low notes only. Everything comes in your face !!!

The Icon seems to be usable for all kind of music lovers. It is very loud, don't believe it's not, at all!!!

If you're not a basshead you don't really need an xcon. Maybe others will disagree!!!

In my town, caraudio fanatics use to play or demo their system on a parking lot every friday night.

They have loud system.

But when I play, they're all amazed with the way the Icon goes low and still very clean!!!

When my friend plays with his xcon, they all ask him to get out of the car, to turn it down!!!That it's not suitable for human being!!! They have never said that for all their "spl" install with "3000" watts rms.

It's just my opinion. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope you can understand my words 1sashanka, as it not very easy to explain in my "English as foreign language" !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like more people in the FWI need SSA drivers. fing05.gif

The Icon has a strong bottm end, yes for sure. It plays quite flat on all its frequencies.

It plays so low, when you compare it to some other woofers. I mean it plays low, but always with accuracy. It is music, not bull.gifmamoru-tehe.gif !!!

The Xcon is really more powerful, and is strong on the bottom too. It's called a sq woofer, but it has strong spl capacity (not for competition, but for listening).

The main difference is in the output for these 2 subs.

The xcon has so much output, with 1200 to 1800watts, that you can't focus on the low notes only. Everything comes in your face !!!

The Icon seems to be usable for all kind of music lovers. It is very loud, don't believe it's not, at all!!!

If you're not a basshead you don't really need an xcon. Maybe others will disagree!!!

In my town, caraudio fanatics use to play or demo their system on a parking lot every friday night.

They have loud system.

But when I play, they're all amazed with the way the Icon goes low and still very clean!!!

When my friend plays with his xcon, they all ask him to get out of the car, to turn it down!!!That it's not suitable for human being!!! They have never said that for all their "spl" install with "3000" watts rms.

It's just my opinion. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope you can understand my words 1sashanka, as it not very easy to explain in my "English as foreign language" !!!!!!!!!!!

That is very informative. Thank you.