Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

lowest recommended power & box size question

im currently looking into buying a Fi Q 18 right?

well, i dont have any car amps currently! (Had to sell my two 600 watt kenwood amps, yea i know it isnt much power, but it was plenty for my 6000s)

So, since I def. dont have enough to buy a SAZ-1000 yet, how much would you say could get the Q moving?

like 500 rms? 800rms? 1000rms?

I dont wanna spend a whole lot, cause I want to buy a SAZ soon, but I dont want the Fi just sitting around, you know how it is when you get a new sub, you wanna hook it up as soon as the box is done!

Cant just finish the box and put it in the garage and watch it gather dust.

enough-power-for-minimum-before-I-buy-the-bigger-Sundown-amp budget

Budget : about 200 dollars

Power needed? : as much thats true for about 200 dollars (this is why im asking, theres tons of amps out there, but what is -right- for 200 buck?)

Sites provided : Sonicelectronix.com and audiosavings (avoiding crutchfield 'cause I dont have enough money to spend MSRP on crap, Crutchfield charges more for the cheap-o pioneer than it is at walmart XD)

Why am i buying a Q when I dont have cash for a big amp? - 'cause he doesnt want that much for the Q, plus i'll have the cash for it in a while. (few car problems to take care of, like new gaskets and hoses, ya know, normal wear-and-tear type things)

EDIT : totally forgot to add this

does 6 cube @ 28hz sound good? or should I go bigger? (its gonna be in my closet, so there is technically a limit, clothes, single folding door size closet)

Edited by Alex Walls

well, i dont have any car amps currently! (Had to sell my two 600 watt kenwood amps, yea i know it isnt much power, but it was plenty for my 6000s)

So, since I def. dont have enough to buy a SAZ-1000 yet, how much would you say could get the Q moving?

I dont wanna spend a whole lot, cause I want to buy a SAZ soon, but I dont want the Fi just sitting around, you know how it is when you get a new sub, you wanna hook it up as soon as the box is done!

Power needed? : as much thats true for about 200 dollars (this is why im asking, theres tons of amps out there, but what is -right- for 200 buck?)

Sites provided : Sonicelectronix.com and audiosavings (avoiding crutchfield 'cause I dont have enough money to spend MSRP on crap, Crutchfield charges more for the cheap-o pioneer than it is at walmart XD)

Why am i buying a Q when I dont have cash for a big amp? - 'cause he doesnt want that much for the Q, plus i'll have the cash for it in a while. (few car problems to take care of, like new gaskets and hoses, ya know, normal wear-and-tear type things)

does 6 cube @ 28hz sound good? or should I go bigger? (its gonna be in my closet, so there is technically a limit, clothes, single folding door size closet)

:Doh:http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_80&products_id=205

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_79&products_id=181

whats another $50?...i had my 15 on about 7-800rms(overrated hifonics 1200d) then switched to an ed nine 1(under rated 1200) and didn't notice THAT much difference. I would just hold out until you can get what you really want.

Edited by 87regal

:Doh:http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_80&products_id=205

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_79&products_id=181

whats another $50?...i had my 15 on about 7-800rms(overrated hifonics 1200d) then switched to an ed nine 1(under rated 1200) and didn't notice THAT much difference. I would just hold out until you can get what you really want.

holy crap, thats awesome as hell, i'll have to hop on that :o

still getting a SAZ-1000, thats music to my ears ;3

Buy what you want the first time, it is cheaper. Believe me.

So you don't have enough money for what you want, but your willing to spend 250$ for a temporary fix? It makes no sense, a subwoofer sitting around unused for a couple of weeks isn't going to hurt anything.

So you don't have enough money for what you want, but your willing to spend 250$ for a temporary fix? It makes no sense, a subwoofer sitting around unused for a couple of weeks isn't going to hurt anything.

x2, because at the end of the day it will be a waste of $200 to spend on an amp for now just to be replaced in the future with a more expensive amp when that money could go for what you want in the first place. I have a SAZ-2000D thats under my bed because I dont want to put it in because I dont have the right electrical but it doesnt make me want to spend some extra money to buy a cheaper amp just to hear my subs. Just hold out at least you got your subs now (1 down , 1 to go) amp later.

X3! Buy it right the first time, you will be happier in the long run! :fing34:

at my place that means i'll need a new cone when I get the new amp.

shit gets damaged here when its not used, plus im impatient, if its a refurbished sundown amp, I should have a problem as long as it was fixed right the first time.

the 1000's actually arent as much as I thought they were, so I *might* just get the right amp the first time and just have this 18 boxed up.

Kinda sucks about this next line, but im gonna need to put a grill on it to be safe. (kids, dogs, older-arsehos-of-brothers)

meaning, i get to get something made custom on the water-jet :D

wonder what design i should use :3 (bunch of small Fi symbols? dunno)

If it were a Q in my truck it would never really even see 200w, my Mach5 surely doesn't. You don't need anywhere near that power and if you think you do, you should buy a BL and not a Q

If it were a Q in my truck it would never really even see 200w, my Mach5 surely doesn't. You don't need anywhere near that power and if you think you do, you should buy a BL and not a Q

I saw the Q for sale in the FS section of this site ^^;

Hmmm, guess this 1300a infinity's getting some use (amp & wire at the junk yard for under 15$ ftw, and its like 100 feet of 4 gauge wire, plenty for power, ground, and sub ;3)

Sign in to follow this