sundownz

SAX-50.4 and Z15 Close-Out Sales

After some browsing around I've decided to pony up for a 50.4. From the looks of it, it is possible to bandpass two channels. For those wondering, I plan on running some PPI 355CS components off of the first two channels, highpass at around 200Hz. I'll let the passive crossover handle it between the tweeter and mid-range. On the last two channels I'm going to run 4 Mpyre Audio 6.5 Midbasses, setting the lowpass at around 200Hz with the subsonic filter setup at around 60Hz. Having this sort of control is priceless. Not too many active crossovers can do this. I was planning on buying an audio control 6XS to pull this off. Now I don't have to. The real kicker is that the 50.4 is going for what an Audio Control 6XS goes for. Go figure. Anywho, thanks Sundown for an awesome product.

Anybody know the cutout size for the Z? Been looking but cant find it.

Being that it is a twelve spoke basket I will say that it is the same as all the other woofers that use it and is 14.125".

Being that it is a twelve spoke basket I will say that it is the same as all the other woofers that use it and is 14.125".

Sweet man. Thanks for the info.

the Z15s subs are awesome i ran a pair of them in my truck for meca world finals dis past wkend i took first place with a 152.2 in s3 b4 popping a fuse i had done high 152s earlier that morning!!! So dont miss out on these great subs!!!! Thanks for ur help too Jacob

I

I will still include a 2-year warranty on these. Most customers shopping for an amp at this power level are more concerned about $ to watt and less about crossover flexibility. So we are closing out the 50.4 and will be developing a less expensive model to replace it without as much crossover flexibility to offer more watts per dollar.

When is that going to be coming out?

Whats the displacement of a Z15, cutout hole diameter, mounting depth and outer fram diameter? Thanks interested in one of these instead of Kicker CVX 15" as a temporary subwoofer.

Whats the displacement of a Z15, cutout hole diameter, mounting depth and outer fram diameter? Thanks interested in one of these instead of Kicker CVX 15" as a temporary subwoofer.

The displacement is about .125 and the cutout is 14 1/8. Mounting depth about 8 but dont know the outer frame diameter. I got one through the trade in and it will be replacing 2 15 polkmomos. Almost ready for it. clap.gif

The displacement is about .125 and the cutout is 14 1/8. Mounting depth about 8 but dont know the outer frame diameter. I got one through the trade in and it will be replacing 2 15 polkmomos. Almost ready for it. clap.gif

I definantly appreciate your help, now I know Jacob will have the outer frame diameter by the time I wake up since I know he is usually on in the morning.

Now looking at an email, it says 13 15/16 cutout.

Ya he probably will get you the other info cause he gets started early on the east coast. Hes good with the emails.

I am behind... just saw this. Do you want to OD with or without gasket ?

With the gasket since I will be making a baffle to go around the subwoofer, are the rest of the specs Big Rank listed correct? Thanks Jacob.

I know I'm way late, but do you have any Z15's left? Also someone in this thread mentioned you have Nightshades for cheap too. Any Nightshades left? If you have either left, what are the prices shipped to 28562? I tried to pm you, but I couldn't?

Edited by dannthemann

I'd rather have two dual 4's if you've got them (and if I can afford them lol). Used would be fine. I'm not sure if one would be loud enough. I'll be running whatever I get with a SAZ 1500d. Any used NIghtshades? I'm not too picky about size either. I could do 2 12's, 1 or 2 15's or 1 18. Thanks for your help.

You never posted saying you were officially out. Does that mean you still have some Zs left?

:unsure:

If so, I am probably looking to buy one D4. Thanks

Edited by JHEIII