sundownz

SAX-50.4 and Z15 Close-Out Sales

I am discontinuing the SAX-50.4 and the Sundown Z15 Woofer.

Paypal me at sundownz@sundownaudio.com to order.

The SAX-50.4 close-out is also available at any authorized dealer -- the Z15 close-out is only available from me directly.

----------

SAX-50.4 -- $200 shipped in continental 48 states

I will still include a 2-year warranty on these. Most customers shopping for an amp at this power level are more concerned about $ to watt and less about crossover flexibility. So we are closing out the 50.4 and will be developing a less expensive model to replace it without as much crossover flexibility to offer more watts per dollar.

SAX504_Casing_SML.jpg

SAX504_Internal_SML.jpg

----------

Sundown Z15 D2 or D4 -- $250 shipped in continental 48 states

SPECIFY COIL WHEN ORDERING.

NO DOA Warranty ONLY

These are VERY high quality subs... built in the USA.

I have found that most customers simply want higher power handling and SPL and less SQ from a sub at this level... so we will be developing a new driver as such to replace these. I am a bit disappointing as these are one of my favorite woofers.

SPECS :

Fo= 28.585 Hz

Sd= 83.000m M2

Krm= 6.988m Ohm

Erm= 0.927

Kxm= 133.190m H

Exm= 0.630

Vas= 105.275 L

Cms= 107.617 uM/N

Mms= 288.070 g

BL= 26.107 T·M

Qms= 5.000

Qes= 0.467

Qts= 0.427

Z15_Motor_1_SML.jpg

Z15_Spider_Leads_SML.jpg

Z15_Cone_SML.jpg

The Z15s did quite well in the recent woofer round up as well I might add :

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=12089

"Z15 wins my award for best sounding thus far. in the 3.5 at 38hz it was so clean and crisp. I know this is mostly judged by ear but anyone who heard it could agree."

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=12086

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=12085

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=12088

Just ordered the 50.4 and can't wait to see it. How many of the z drivers do u have left this morning? I might want to switch out my 2 15" Polkmomos in my Geo for a Z. Those r rated @ 1000 right?

hopefully the 100.4D never goes, thats what im waiting for. i love my 2 ch, but the crossovers are one of my main concerns, and that 100.4D is where its at

The 100.4 always has been and remains very popular -- not going anywhere any time soon.

that's a shame. The 50.4 was just what I was looking for in an amp for satellites; small footprint, with decent power, and flexible enough to set it up to do what I wanted. And it sounds great, too. Glad I got one when I did.

That is an awesome price on the 50.4. Time to go check the bank account...

Edited by Big E

What the recommended box size and tuning?

ahh... the Z's.... they probably fit my needs almost exactly... they just don't take quite the amount of power... I need them to take about 2-3k each on a burp... only 750 ea for daily...

ORLY ?

I burped them with ~3450 each here... in a 6th order band-pass we burped them with around 8k each in a local competitors vehicle (they only moved about 1/2 inch in that box).

ORLY ?

I burped them with ~3450 each here... in a 6th order band-pass we burped them with around 8k each in a local competitors vehicle (they only moved about 1/2 inch in that box).

hmmmmmmm..... I need to replace the DMX's with something that has a better low frequency responce--the dmx's sound OK for daily (in the 24hz box) but they're very peaky at 60hz--their f/s is way up there. I need a woofer that can get down in the 30hz range without any issues--the DMX's have been doing fine but they just don't seem to take the power at that low frequency--mechanical issues--could be the box--either way after 1760watts I see no gain in spl--it feels louder but isn't on the mic... could also be that the truck is just giving up...

who knows....

***the win ISD doens't like those t/s parameters btw... it says they're incorrect/inconsistant (or something like that) the woofer shows up being lik a million ohms when I input the t/s driectly.

When will I get my 50.4 to match with my saz 1000 ?fing34.gif

I ordered last week, and I am waiting for, at least, a UPS tracking number!ehh.gif

I ordered last week, and I am waiting for, at least, a UPS tracking number!ehh.gif

Dont worry man, he will get to you. I dont like to even track it. It seems like more of a surprise to me that way!

Dont worry man, he will get to you. I dont like to even track it. It seems like more of a surprise to me that way!

Oh yes! It will be like a surprise for sure! USPS and the French postal services will take their time to deliver. :(

I will tell you when I'll get it!!!

any news on what the new amp is going to be. If not i might pick up the 50.4. Has just the right amount of power to run some nice comps if you bridge the bridge the channels... it ok to bridge the front and rear channels right?

I would be all over this if there was a 12 version of the Z-15

Then it wouldn't be a Z-15 lol it would be a Z-12.