sundownz

SAX-50.4 and Z15 Close-Out Sales

Hey man I pay paled you the money and my address and everything. Just haven't gotten a reply if the money has been received and/or if its ordered. I am just checking to make sure everything is alright, no rush.

Hey man I pay paled you the money and my address and everything. Just haven't gotten a reply if the money has been received and/or if its ordered. I am just checking to make sure everything is alright, no rush.

You sent me this PM. Did you order direct through Sundown?

We do not = SSA

People get that confused alot ;)

Anyway... we have been very busy for the last few months ship time is up to 2-3 business days.

We do not = SSA

People get that confused alot ;)

Anyway... we have been very busy for the last few months ship time is up to 2-3 business days.

We didn't either.

I'm a bit of a noob with subs, I have a SAZ-1500d, I've been looking at getting a DC soundlab lvl 4 15'', just because people seem to recommend those. I came across the close-out sale for the Sundown Z15 just now and i'm wondering if the z15 will run well on 1500w rms for daily driving?

How would a z15 compare to DC subs? And don't be afraid to be blunt :)

will I be able to feel the vibrations with a z15? the only subs I've ever heard are my pair of 12'' cvr kickers in a sealed kicker made box. How would the z15 compare to those?

Edited by socialstealth

With either one of those subs you will definitely feel it. Either one is a good option. The DC will probably have the potential to get louder as it is geared more toward spl. But the Sundown will still get quite loud and is a great price right now. of course you could spend $320 and pick up one of the nightshades he has for sale. I personally would buy the nightshade. In the end it is really a matter of you making a decision. They are all great subs all will get loud.

BTW I ran two kicker cvr's in a sealed box. Any of those subs in a ported box will destroy the kickers. Just be sure you get a dual 2ohm sub so you can get the max out of your amp. Install and enclosure are always a HUGE factor in how your system will turn out so don't forget that.

Edited by dadydolas1083

With either one of those subs you will definitely feel it. Either one is a good option. The DC will probably have the potential to get louder as it is geared more toward spl. But the Sundown will still get quite loud and is a great price right now. of course you could spend $320 and pick up one of the nightshades he has for sale. I personally would buy the nightshade. In the end it is really a matter of you making a decision. They are all great subs all will get loud.

BTW I ran two kicker cvr's in a sealed box. Any of those subs in a ported box will destroy the kickers. Just be sure you get a dual 2ohm sub so you can get the max out of your amp. Install and enclosure are always a HUGE factor in how your system will turn out so don't forget that.

In my mind...although I'm a noob... I'm thinking I could get an SAX 50.4 and use it to run tweeters & a pair of dedicated mid highs, because they require less power than the midbass driver, right?

And then I'd get a SAX 125x2 for the midbass drivers.

If thats all I need to run "active". then count the passive crossovers out!

* I've used infinity reference coaxils running off of an eclipse EA4100 (75x4), 2 kicker CVR 12' subs running off of a sundown SAE 1200'

* I'd like to spend about $300 used/ebay/craigslist/classifieds for the components (more money set aside for sundown amps to run them)

* car = Mazda Protege 2002 Sedan

* Never heard any other products, I don't seem to have any good car audio shops near me...

* Musical preferences = Rock, screamo, metal, things like senses fail, a day to remember, things with a lot of fast drums/bass guitar.

* Its a daily system, I'd like to be able to FEEL the vibrations resonate in my chest, I don't care how loud the bass gets as long as I can FEEL it, after thats acomplished i'd like some amazingly loud/clean midbass and highs :)

* Originally I wanted a low budget system, which explains by kicker CVR's and infinity references. But they have left me wanting more.

Are the RE XXX components a good set? someone is selling them for 300$, any ideas on a better pair?

For an upgraded sub, I've been thinking of buying a 15'' DC lvl 4 to run off my SAZ 1500 (I already have an SAZ1500). Or a sundown Z15. though I'm open to suggestoins...

400$ budget range for the sub, though less money is great too :)

I would run the Z15 as it is more of a sq driver (that does not mean you will not get lots of bass). As far as mids go i'm not real sure. I haven't used many brands.

The Z15 would be a perfect match for your SAZ-1500D. It is(was) geared towards sound quality but it can be very impressive on SPL as well.

The Z15 would be a perfect match for your SAZ-1500D. It is(was) geared towards sound quality but it can be very impressive on SPL as well.

I'd like to be able to FEEL the vibrations resonate in my chest, I don't care how loud the bass gets as long as I can FEEL it

Does this mean I would like SQ? Or am I looking for SPL or """SQL"""?

Edited by socialstealth

I'd like to be able to FEEL the vibrations resonate in my chest, I don't care how loud the bass gets as long as I can FEEL it

Does this mean I would like SQ? Or am I looking for SPL or """"SQL""""?

Or does it mean I just like high volume at low frequencies?

so I guess I should get a DC lvl 4? hows the nightshade compare vs DC subs?

Can the SAX 50x4 be bridged for 2 channels?

what are the specs on it?

Is it sort of like the sax 125x2 when bridged?

http://www.sundownau...ed/sax-504.html

Hi,

I just read , again, the specs, and I am worrying about something :

when the 50.4 is bridged at 4 ohms, to 2 channels, can it still play in stereo? or just mono for subwoofers?

I may have made a mistake with this order if it's only mono. :(Doh.gif

I wanted it to power just a comp set in stereo.

(BTW the saz1000's have been received and installed yesterday, thanks!)fing34.gif

Each PAIR of channels is mono... bridge both sets and you still have two channels (stereo).

Thanks !

I was afraid to have made the wrong choice!

Now, I am just waiting for it. Maybe this weekDoh.gif , like a gift.gif !!!

I'm planning to go active, not sure with what components I'll be using yet, but I'm planning on a 3 way.

(would a SD e8'' be a good midbass driver?)

I'm deciding between a combination of: SAX 100.4 // SAX 125.2 // SAX 50.4 (will have to be bridged)

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to any of these models? better crossovers, better heat sinks, more efficient (very important for me...my electrical isn't the best)

Also are they able to handle 6ohm or 8 ohm loads?

<<<<<sundown for life.

SAX model efficiency is all the same. Heat-sinks are now the same.

The 100.4 has THE best crossovers.

SAX model efficiency is all the same. Heat-sinks are now the same.

The 100.4 has THE best crossovers.

whats better about them?

Just better components? or more options? what extra features?

Substantially more features -- read the specs pages for the amps it tells you what you need to know.

I'm planning to go active, not sure with what components I'll be using yet, but I'm planning on a 3 way.

I'm deciding between a combination of: SAX 100.4 // SAX 125.2 // SAX 50.4 (will have to be bridged)

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to any of these models? better crossovers, better heat sinks, more efficient (very important for me...my electrical isn't the best)

<<<<<sundown for life.

Trying to buy amps because your electrical isnt good, still does not help your electrical system out at all (you need to also worry about making simple upgrades to your electrical system like the Big 3). A bad electrical sytem will cause amplifiers to hot quicker, unstable voltage (more drops) and less power since you can keep your voltage high.

<<<<<sundown for life.

Trying to buy amps because your electrical isnt good, still does not help your electrical system out at all (you need to also worry about making simple upgrades to your electrical system like the Big 3). A bad electrical sytem will cause amplifiers to hot quicker, unstable voltage (more drops) and less power since you can keep your voltage high.

Well I bought a cheap "140 amp" alt off of ebay for my car ($200)

I've heard mazda proteges (my car) are unable to achieve more than 80 amps, due to the fact that the car's ECU regulates the voltage.

So IDK....I have done the big 3 though. I've never tested my electrical...I just assume its bad lol.