Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Thump! car audio/

so, was at the junk yard today getting some parts for the Saturn (need a new trunk latch) today, when I spotted this odd looking by-nine on the rear deck of a caprice (old 80s box chevy) right? so after I got my part and my bolts needed, I walked over to the caprice and took a peak in the trunk, found about 15 feet of 8AWG wire (perfect length for the application I need it for, no, im not using it as power wire) in the trunk, and then I looked at this yellow by-nine that I saw, the magnet was BIG, had to be atleast an 80oz magnet, mags as big as a CD in diameter, couldnt find the second one, so i grabbed it and continued to look for other parts.

later on today when I got home I hooked her up and dropped her in my spare 6x9 box, she's pretty loud for a 6x9.

anyways, anyone ever heard of "Thump!" before?

back sticker :

Thump!

T8693

240 WATTS - T!

AN Anaba^GROUP INC COMPANY

and of course the signature "Made in CHINA" sticker

Anaba is (was) the parent company of Mobile Authority, MA Audio and Clif Designs and Thump.

Did it have a black cone but like a pink, green, blue, red, or some other color surround?

anyways, pretty sure they're terrible. Otherwise they wouldn't have been left in the car.

Did it have a black cone but like a pink, green, blue, red, or some other color surround?

anyways, pretty sure they're terrible. Otherwise they wouldn't have been left in the car.

has a black surround and a yellow cone (might be tarnished white)

from what i've found out so far, mids shot, and I kinda dropped it earlier and the mag fell off the mid. so if I want to even use this now it needs a solder dab to repair the broken tencil lead D:

oh well, atleast it looks cool.

it hit lows good, and it was very stiff.

It's a paper weight.

those were the cheapest anaba speakers (the thump brand in general)... junk... :)

heres what I got there today (besides the crappy anaba speaker)

a bunch of 8GA wire (what better way to wire big subs up)

about 30 feet of 4GA wire (not sure what im gonna do with this yet, maybe use it for the amp I picked up)

a Infinity 1300a amplifier (has NO problems what so ever!, the car it was in had been rear ended, I spotted the tell tale power cable heading to the trunk so I ripped the backseat out, sure enough there was an amp there)

visittojunkyard.jpg

best part, got the amp for 8$

and I got all the wire for 3$

:D