bmr4life

Icon 10 ported off 1000D in optimal box. SPL?

Trunk is small. Box can't be any taller than 12" so I'm limited to the 10" icon. I love deep bass, but SPL is going to be my number one concern. Ride is a 2005 mustang and I'm going for a DD setup, so I don't want a one note wonder. I'd plan on doing the recommended 1.35 cubes tuned on the lower range of 27-33hz.

I'm hoping this would be a loud setup. Hopefully louder than a ED 13av.2 sealed in 1 cube (my previous setup).

Height and width of box are 12x33 leaving depth to be whatever it needs to be for the optimal box.

Edited by S197

If SPL is your number one concern, tuning on the lower end of that range makes no sense. Tune it to 32 and you'll probably be happier.

With out knowing too much on your goals, the best idea is to go with KU40's suggestion and tune towards the higher end of the suggested range. If you could answer phi's question it would help.

With out knowing too much on your goals, the best idea is to go with KU40's suggestion and tune towards the higher end of the suggested range. If you could answer phi's question it would help.

Ha, sad that I can't have both. I love lows, I just want to make sure that its loud enough to match my speakers upfront.

I may be swapping gears though since I learned about the Icon 15 option. I'm thinking it would allow me to have both, low bass and SPL. Sadly it would have to be sealed to do space limitations, probably no more than 2 cubes.

Edited by S197

Ha, sad that I can't have both. I love lows, I just want to make sure that its loud enough to match my speakers upfront.

I may be swapping gears though since I learned about the Icon 15 option. I'm thinking it would allow me to have both, low bass and SPL. Sadly it would have to be sealed to do space limitations, probably no more than 2 cubes.

You can have both, but in reality one is going to be favored over the other depending on which direction you go. The idea of tuning in the 28-32hz range is to provide a great mix of the two. If you want to go with the Sealed 15, that is a great option also.