nstaln

Alpine PDX1.1000 strong enough for RL-S15?

Like the title asks; Is an Alpine PDX1.1000 powerfull enough to run an RL-S15. Anyone ever try this combo?

i seen the pdx2.150 tied to a mtx 8500 12 inch sub did not impress me but it was for sq and it was not to impress for loud but for sounding good. it just was not loud enough for me do not get this wrong the pdx1.1000 is more then likely way different it's a whole other bread. if the pdx does not work out for you there is always this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-GT-2300-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-CAR-AMP_W0QQitemZ290333325528QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item439936f8d8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

There's no such thing as underpowering. So it will do just fine. Especially if you build the box a little larger.

i seen the pdx2.150 tied to a mtx 8500 12 inch sub did not impress me but it was for sq and it was not to impress for loud but for sounding good. it just was not loud enough for me do not get this wrong the pdx1.1000 is more then likely way different it's a whole other bread. if the pdx does not work out for you there is always this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-GT-2300-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-CAR-AMP_W0QQitemZ290333325528QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item439936f8d8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That puts out the same power as the PDX. Hell, even at 2 ohms, you'll never hear a difference between 1K and 1.4K, so it's not even worth it. Nice amp though.

There is this perception that the RL-s needs 2k to even function. Kent and a few others, showed in their testing that is far from the truth. Just put that beauty in a large sealed enclosure and enjoy life. :)