bmr4life

Where are the XCON enclosure recommdentations?

I'm trying to see if I can fit a 12" XCON in my trunk. Are these small, medium, or large enclosure subs? I know the Icon's are meant for relatively small enclosures.

Power would be 1200rms if that helps any. Would like ported if it can fit. Have 2-3 cubes to work with.

Edited by S197

I'm trying to see if I can fit a 12" XCON in my trunk. Are these small, medium, or large enclosure subs? I know the Icon's are meant for relatively small enclosures.

Power would be 1200rms if that helps any. Would like ported if it can fit. Have 2-3 cubes to work with.

As sub woofers go, the Icon is pretty much average when it comes to enclsoure sizing. The Xcon will preform very well in the Icon suggested sizing. Size to size (example 12" Xcon compared to 12" Icon), the Icon will prefer slightly larger then the Xcon. So for an Xcon 12" 1.75 - 2.5 cubes tuned to 28-33hz would be a great start.

Oh wow, that's better news than I was expecting. Xcon's can use smaller boxes than Icons. My small trunk thanks you.

So what do you recommend as far as my wattage goes. Current amp is a 1200rms, but I'm looking at moving to a 1500d in by the end of the year.

Oh wow, that's better news than I was expecting. Xcon's can use smaller boxes than Icons. My small trunk thanks you.

So what do you recommend as far as my wattage goes. Current amp is a 1200rms, but I'm looking at moving to a 1500d in by the end of the year.

You wont even notice a difference between 1200w & 1500w.

True, 1200 watts is plenty of power for the Xcon. We answer countless emails from people who want to put 3000+ on the Xcon, there is no need what so ever. :)

Cool, I'm just waiting right now to see if I can pay to trade in my broken Icon for an Xcon. Just waiting to hear back from Aaron.

Cool, I'm just waiting right now to see if I can pay to trade in my broken Icon for an Xcon. Just waiting to hear back from Aaron.

I am catching up on PMs and emails as I post. But we do not take trade in's.

I have a sundown 1000? can it be enough for an Xcon 12 or 15 ?

I know it is enough for my Icon 15, but, will it be enough for an Xcon, to notice the change in the sub?

I am not sure you can understand what I wrote !

I want to change my Icon for an Xcon, but I can't buy the 1500w amp in the same time. what to do? save more money, or buy the Xcon now and eventually the amp later?!

:)

I have a sundown 1000? can it be enough for an Xcon 12 or 15 ?

I know it is enough for my Icon 15, but, will it be enough for an Xcon, to notice the change in the sub?

I am not sure you can understand what I wrote !

I want to change my Icon for an Xcon, but I can't buy the 1500w amp in the same time. what to do? save more money, or buy the Xcon now and eventually the amp later?!

:)

Sure it will. I a 1000 watt amp on each of my 15" xcons and it bumps pretty good. Loud enough to make my rear air controll fall off my headliner

Save up for a 2000 or keep your 1000 you won't notice 500 watts hardly

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

Okayyy!

I can just take an Xcon and drop it in my current box.

I'm working on that!

The 1500 amp will come later:).