sundownz

SAE-1200D V.2 Teaser Pics !

i might still be interested ... what is the projected release date?

Mid to late November.

please pm me if we can work out a package deal if i were to preorder 8 of these ... thanks!

please pm me if we can work out a package deal if i were to preorder 8 of these ... thanks!

I don't use PMs here -- email me sundownz@sundownaudio.com

Hi,

Why is it cheaper than the saz1000?

cheaper And more powerful! (should be good enough to power an Xcon!)

I should have wait before buying my saz1000, but I'm still happy with it.:)

It is our "lower" series made in China instead of Korea AND it is a pre-sale -- pre sale prices are much lower than regular prices!

"overall higher quality throughout based on what we learned from the v.1 model"

what did you learn from the previous one? what were its faults, I'm interested now.....damn wished I'd waited another 6 months to get the newer one...daammn!

Most important fault... needed more vibration resistance. This was accomplished through more screws in the board and a double sided board with higher quality soldering. Almost all of the failures were vibration / shock related (some from shipping).

Second... the single sided board wasn't as easy to repair as the double sided. Not a concern for most customers but an important point to address.

It is our "lower" series made in China instead of Korea AND it is a pre-sale -- pre sale prices are much lower than regular prices!

no problem :)

I read everywhere that the saz were built like tanks. It's one of the things I like from them.

BTW do you intend to make a smaller 2 ch amp?

I will need one, but the 125.2 is too powerful. I just neef 2 * 80-90 rms, so it should be cheaper !!!

I am on a small budget for that.

I'm, hoping to see a new 50.4 model

Don't hold your breath. He's not making that series, at least not with the same crossovers.

I have an SAE-75.4 in the works that will be cheaper than the SAX-50.4 was... stay tuned.

Same build house as the first SAE-1200D?

You go through a lot of models Jake :P

Same build house as the first SAE-1200D?

You go through a lot of models Jake :P

Yes, they will be building all of our new SAE amps.

I have a board that I believe to be equal to the new Audiopipe AP1800 model... as it is built just like the AP1500 but with two extra output FETs - I tested it vs. the SAE-1200D... I see ALOT of folks buying this Audiopipe amps so figured I'd do this test :

For the sake of this test I just turned everything wide open just to see when they quit making power. THD was not a factor at all, just wide open. Obviously this is not the ideal situation -- I may send them to Chris so he can use some of his equipment to do a test using a scope as well.

The amps are fed with a 4 awg and 8 awg wire in parallel reduced to 8 awg so it will fit both amps (the 1800 won't fit our 4 awg lead directly as it is tinned).

Test load consists of two Nightshade 12s wire to 1 ohm and the tone is 60 Hz.

-----

CIMG2616.JPG

* SAE-1200D on the bench

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/1800-watt...0D/CIMG2617.MOV

* Power Test

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/1800-watt...0D/CIMG2618.MOV

* Output Voltage Test

1730 watts

59 V

29.3 A (calculated)

2.01 ohms (calculated)

12.68v power supply

-----

CIMG2595.JPG

CIMG2596.JPG

CIMG2597.JPG

12x Power Supply Fets

10x Output FETs (AP1500 has 8)

The two caps = a little more capacity than the four in the AP1500D. These are 4700 each and the AP1500D has 4x 2200.

CIMG2619.JPG

* 1800-watt on the bench

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/1800-watt...0D/CIMG2621.MOV

* Power Test

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/1800-watt...0D/CIMG2622.MOV

* Output Voltage Test

1440 watts

57.1 V

25.21 A (calculated)

2.2 ohms (calculated)

13.1v power supply

-----

SAE-1200D produced ~20% more power... and this 1800 has an extra 2 output FETs above the AP1500D.

An SPL test may be more revealing... I may see if the 1800 will stay on in the Jeep at 1/2 nominal -- my rise is to just above 1 ohm.

Most important fault... needed more vibration resistance. This was accomplished through more screws in the board and a double sided board with higher quality soldering. Almost all of the failures were vibration / shock related (some from shipping).

Second... the single sided board wasn't as easy to repair as the double sided. Not a concern for most customers but an important point to address.

Oh damn, well, thanks for the honesty....

how can i make sure that problem will not happen? just keep it as far away as possible from the sub?, put rubber feet underneath and mount it to 3/4" MDF (Was going to mount to MDF anyway, but add rubber feet?) will that really make a difference at all you reckon..... :mellow:

So does that mean it may be lesser quality? I know Korea makes bad cars but good electronics most of the time. Most of my computer gear was made in korea and it is good stuff. All Rubycon Caps. lol

I noticed a lot of mfgs are going too china now. even big guys like Sony for the playstation 3 and such. Hope the quality will still be the same. IF it isn't then I still have the good customer service I heard sundown has as well as the warranty.

Looking forward to the new SAE-1200D V.2 along with the new 4 channel SAE-75.4

how much was the 50.4 before it went on sale? how much cheaper is the sae75.4?

it will make my decision about wether to buy a cheap 4 channel now and replace it with the sae later, or just get a decent 4 channel elsewhere and stick with that.

hold the phone, Im in korea right now... Is there anyway I can get one of your amps straight from the manufacturing plant??

It will have 150 amps for production.

okay so that means when i buy my wire and fuseblock that i pick the 150 amps one right? im thinking of buying the knukonceptz 1/0 amplifier instalation kit.

sorry im not that good with these things but i know yall are :)

okay so that means when i buy my wire and fuseblock that i pick the 150 amps one right? im thinking of buying the knukonceptz 1/0 amplifier instalation kit.

Yeah if you dont have anymore equipment in the car then yes the 150A anl fuse will do 12" from the battery.

Yes go with the 150 amp fuse, but if you plan upgrading in the near future you may want to up that fuse rating to something bigger. Amp is fused at the amp.