bigtoepfer

SAX100.4 problem

What would cause and amp to automatically pop all 3 fuses when the ground and power and hooked on. Like as soon as the power is put on the fuses blow. I just took the amp out of my car. It was working wonderfully. Put it in a friends truck today and this is the problem we are having. Please advise. thanks

What would cause and amp to automatically pop all 3 fuses when the ground and power and hooked on. Like as soon as the power is put on the fuses blow. I just took the amp out of my car. It was working wonderfully. Put it in a friends truck today and this is the problem we are having. Please advise. thanks

make sure you are hooking the power and negative up properly ..

Did you touch a live power wire to the heat sink of the amp as you were hooking it up? If it's blowing fuses a lot of times that means there's a short inside the amp.

I had already left when they were installing it. So i don't know what they did or didn't do. I just got a phone call saying my amp was messed up. When i knew it wasn't. I think if anything it was something they did whilst installing it

Now you get to pay for their mistake.

I had already left when they were installing it. So i don't know what they did or didn't do. I just got a phone call saying my amp was messed up. When i knew it wasn't. I think if anything it was something they did whilst installing it

It sounds like you should of been their to install it so you would know yourself that it was hooked up right and working before you left, but since you left they can say it never worked from jump. I still will tell my friend you owe me regradless of the situation but you live and you learn.

honestly i think it was hooked up backwards too. But its ok they are paying for their mistake. :Doh::fing34:

If this is the case we will have you send it to dB-R for repair -- you can e-mail Chris @ sales@db-r.com and get an estimate.

check the positive and ground connections to make sure they are both secure connections. I had the same problem and all I needed to do was re-do my ground wire and after that no more problems...

i got mine at like 7 pm and installed it right aw3ay ... and hooked my shit up ass back werds.... un did it... hooked it up right.. and never had a problem from it /