tommyjiggallow

My new setup!

Hey guys! I drive a Ford Expedition and I pretty much made up my mind on my upgrade. Now I have two Diamond Audio d6 components in the front and two d6 coaxials in the rear powered by Diamond Audio d3 500.4 amp, runing 4 guage power and ground wires to the amp. I currently have two Diamond audio d3 15 inch woofers powered by Mmats 2000.1. I want to replace the subs with four Ascendant Audio Havocs and having two Mmats 3500.1 powering them or should I get two 18's instead with one of the Mmats amps powering them. The box is going to be ported tuned at 32hz. I'm more into sq but I also want to feel the bass in my bones when I need to lol. I listen to a wide range of music. My electrical system is enough for wht im trying to do, I have a 250 amp alt, with an optima yellow top in the front and a powermaster in the back with the subs. Let me know what yall think, any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Jiggz

Hey guys! I drive a Ford Expedition and I pretty much made up my mind on my upgrade. Now I have two Diamond Audio d6 components in the front and two d6 coaxials in the rear powered by Diamond Audio d3 500.4 amp, runing 4 guage power and ground wires to the amp. I currently have two Diamond audio d3 15 inch woofers powered by Mmats 2000.1. I want to replace the subs with four Ascendant Audio Havocs and having two Mmats 3500.1 powering them or should I get two 18's instead with one of the Mmats amps powering them. The box is going to be ported tuned at 32hz. I'm more into sq but I also want to feel the bass in my bones when I need to lol. I listen to a wide range of music. My electrical system is enough for wht im trying to do, I have a 250 amp alt, with an optima yellow top in the front and a powermaster in the back with the subs. Let me know what yall think, any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Jiggz

2 18's will be plenty for what you want.

2 18's will be plenty for what you want.

Ok. Now with the box, whats the difference in sound if I had the subs facing up and the ports pointing to the back of the vehicle or having the ports facing up also?

Would it still be able to pick up the low notes?

Would it still be able to pick up the low notes?

Depends on where you tune your box and what you consider low notes.

More then Likely tune it between 30-32hz. I still want to have sq because of the different kind of music I listen to such as rap, r&b, tecno/electronica, rock, reggae, dancehall etc.

I do have a few bass cds that I pop in when Im setting the gain and frequency on the amp. So the two 18s would still sound good even listening to fast music? I've used 12' and I'm using 15's now and I love them but I just wanted to upgrade and didnt want 15's anymore but was afraid that the 18's wouldnt sound as good as 15's. Whats the difference in sound by the two?

I do have a few bass cds that I pop in when Im setting the gain and frequency on the amp. So the two 18s would still sound good even listening to fast music? I've used 12' and I'm using 15's now and I love them but I just wanted to upgrade and didnt want 15's anymore but was afraid that the 18's wouldnt sound as good as 15's. Whats the difference in sound by the two?

No difference. With the right box and tuning 18's will sound as good as 8's, the 8's just wont move as much air.

I went with 15" xcons for some of the same reasons you listed. I do not hate on any tunes and listen to almost everthing. Mostly metal/rock, tho. I was very surprised they keep up and never get boomy. Tight as hell for such a big woofer.

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

Ok sounds great. I was looking at the Xcons also but couldnt find tomany reviews on that driver, so I think im going with the Havocs. I'm still debating between the Icons, havocs, and xcons. How do you like your Xcons?

Ok sounds great. I was looking at the Xcons also but couldnt find tomany reviews on that driver, so I think im going with the Havocs. I'm still debating between the Icons, havocs, and xcons. How do you like your Xcons?

Love them!! Very tight bass, not sloppy or boomy one bit. CheVelle and Godsmack never sounded so good, lov'n that fast kick drum to my gut.

Seriously, they have exceeded all my expectations.

Thats good. I just bought the Mmats 3500.1 amp and I was planing on getting another one if I was going with 4 15's but Im going todo the 2 18's instead. The amp wont power a pair of Xcons like it should since the Xcons are 1750 rms and my amp puts out 2700 rms rated. So basically its the driver/box and not the size of the woofer that makes it sound muddy or sloppy? Cause alot of people was telling me that 18's wont sound good for fast music

Thats good. I just bought the Mmats 3500.1 amp and I was planing on getting another one if I was going with 4 15's but Im going todo the 2 18's instead. The amp wont power a pair of Xcons like it should since the Xcons are 1750 rms and my amp puts out 2700 rms rated. So basically its the driver/box and not the size of the woofer that makes it sound muddy or sloppy? Cause alot of people was telling me that 18's wont sound good for fast music

I only have 2 RF 1000bd's putting 1000w on each 15 right now and it gets loud. (Sundown 3500D soon. :fing34: )

Yes Sir. People that tell you that are haters and do not have room for 18's. LOL.

Lol! ok I got you. So I'll get the Havoc 18's, I'll post pics up after I'm done installing them when I come back from Iraq.

No problem and thanks for all your help.

Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to share some knowledge. Click

thanks for the info, I will look into that.