Dutchie.

Just Curious

Which model solo baric l7 is better, if there is even a difference?

The one like this:

img?s=MLA&f=CAT_25234.jpg&v=G

Or this:

20090404170427-08S15L74.jpg

Because the magnet is very different.

EDIT: Don't think i shop at ikesound its just a picture. Thanks.

Edited by Dutchie.

if im not mistaken the bottom is just a new design because i currently have the top one and i know its the 07 model... other than that not sure

Which model solo baric l7 is better, if there is even a difference?

The one like this:

img?s=MLA&f=CAT_25234.jpg&v=G

Or this:

20090404170427-08S15L74.jpg

Because the magnet is very different.

EDIT: Don't think i shop at ikesound its just a picture. Thanks.

:lol:

Edited by DeepSubBoy

2008, and 2009 models. The cone is a bit better on the 09, much less cone flex. No real difference motor wise, just more cooling in the new one.

Hey Duran, i'd love to get your avatar as a T-shirt :lol:

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Hey Duran, i'd love to get your avatar as a T-shirt :lol:

You just have me an idea....

Thanks guys, and yes i am aware they are just two different models. It was just, from where i was looking, the older model was quite a bit more expensive than the newer one.

Thanks guys, and yes i am aware they are just two different models. It was just, from where i was looking, the older model was quite a bit more expensive than the newer one.

:WTFBubble:

maybe you are comparing an X to an L7 or an L7 to an L5?

if im not mistaken the bottom is just a new design because i currently have the top one and i know its the 07 model... other than that not sure

The bottom one is from 2008 : I had it in my car in July 2008, for several months, and I had the older one (2006)before, but I am not sure it is the one on the first picture. I was not really happy with them.

They need big boxes to just sound ok, and I always had them in sealed boxes.

I have an SSA Icon now, and I love it : I can hear bass and not only boom boom!

To have Kicker's budget........

I was going to buy those subs. They sound like ass and are played out to be louder than they really are. Stick with a traditional circle cone if you are looking for some decent sound out of your sub. Btw they like larger ported enclosures and no matter what you do they will always sound boomy.

Yeah I don't think i am going to buy these subs. I am not a fan of many kicker products. Just wiring and i hear they make decent amps, but overpriced for my liking.

I think ill go with some mach 5 15.2's or some icon 15's. Something like that.

Yeah I don't think i am going to buy these subs. I am not a fan of many kicker products. Just wiring and i hear they make decent amps, but overpriced for my liking.

You should buy 2 or 3 of my icon 12s and preorder 2 or 3 of the new sae-1200s. You can run each amp individually to each sub. That would do work! You would have more cone area and would be around the same price for 3 of them. Plus if you wanted 3 of the sundown amps it would only be 750 and you could probably get a discount on that! My icons were used for a week and I took them out because I wanted to build a ported box but now I am taking the time to build a wall of xcons so no need for these subs.

You should buy 2 or 3 of my icon 12s and preorder 2 or 3 of the new sae-1200s. You can run each amp individually to each sub. That would do work! You would have more cone area and would be around the same price for 3 of them. Plus if you wanted 3 of the sundown amps it would only be 750 and you could probably get a discount on that! My icons were used for a week and I took them out because I wanted to build a ported box but now I am taking the time to build a wall of xcons so no need for these subs.

Haha we will see how it goes. Thanks for the advice man.